10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    So vote Trump and the world ends...

That level of honesty is kinda refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm hoping Katie Porter does a Senate run, tbh.
    I hope she eventually does a Presidential run. My favorite person in all of Congress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I hope she eventually does a Presidential run. My favorite person in all of Congress.
    You know a diplomatic meeting is about to get serious when President Porter whips out her whiteboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You know a diplomatic meeting is about to get serious when President Porter whips out her whiteboard.
    I fear nothing...but her and her whiteboard...they scare me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted against Feinstein. Newsom is OK.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I fear nothing...but her and her whiteboard...they scare me.
    I've been nothing but impressed by her performance in Congress, to be frank. The Blue Wave in 2018 really did bring some stellar people to the fore.

She'd certainly be a much better option than Feinstein.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    1000 is definitely a small sample size, especially if 375 of those are online. It's not awesome.
    I was more talking about your 200 sample size thing. Not 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They tend to do 200 a day and then produce a 'poll' based on 4-5 days of activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those numbers are daily numbers. The poll covers 5 days. Ergo, ~1000 total (this one was 1197 RVs).

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    They tend to do 200 a day and then produce a 'poll' based on 4-5 days of activity.
    The first 200 probably would have changed their mind by the time they are done with that poll, simply because Trump did ANOTHER retarded thing.

The first 200 probably would have changed their mind by the time they are done with that poll, simply because Trump did ANOTHER retarded thing.
    I highly doubt many people are changing votes at this point. I'm dreading the debate because it's going to be a Hunter Biden debate. But really, at this juncture people are either with Biden or Trump. If anyone is fence sitting, it's because they're selfish pricks and the debate won't change a thing.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ntage/2348441/

Somehow the Trump campaign has managed to blow a BILLION dollars and are running low on cash as the election nears.

We don't know where over $300M went due to limited liability companies providing plenty of cover for their spending. But it's insane that they've managed to waste that much money with so little to show for it.

If you can't manage campaign finances, how are we supposed to believe he'll handle national finances?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ntage/2348441/

Somehow the Trump campaign has managed to blow a BILLION dollars and are running low on cash as the election nears.

We don't know where over $300M went due to limited liability companies providing plenty of cover for their spending. But it's insane that they've managed to waste that much money with so little to show for it.

If you can't manage campaign finances, how are we supposed to believe he'll handle national finances?
    The last 4 years have shown he cannot handle finances. Nationally. In his campaign. Probably not even selling candy bars door to door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/20/u...e=articleShare

And it turns out that China is one of only three foreign nations — the others are Britain and Ireland — where Mr. Trump maintains a bank account, according to an analysis of the president’s tax records, which were obtained by The New York Times. The foreign accounts do not show up on Mr. Trump’s public financial disclosures, where he must list personal assets, because they are held under corporate names. The identities of the financial institutions are not clear.
    Huh, so Trump has a secret bank account in China that he's not disclosing because it's tied to his businesses? What's Trump hiding? Does China have leverage over him because he's got money there?

10+ Year Old Account

Huh, so Trump has a secret bank account in China that he's not disclosing because it's tied to his businesses? What's Trump hiding? Does China have leverage over him because he's got money there?
    ...Sigh.

Simpsons did it.

...Sigh.
    Apparently, it's purely to pay local taxes.

Which it seems like he pays a helluva lot more in taxes to China than he does in the US. Wonder why?

What a surprise. Trump engaging in Projection 101. I hope Biden hammers him for this if Hunter gets brought up, which he will.

I haven't read the article yet, but under FATCA, Trump HAS TO disclose foreign financial interests whether he's President or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, it's purely to pay local taxes.

Which it seems like he pays a helluva lot more in taxes to China than he does in the US. Wonder why?
    I suspect it's because tax dodgers in China tend to end up performing in one of the Body Worlds knockoff exhibits.

HEY!

Remember Greg Gianforte? The Montana Rep. that fucking assaulted a reporter and body slammed him to the ground and still won?

He's running for governor now. He's still having issues with the law.

https://apnews.com/article/election-...fd128bba119bd4

Montana gubernatorial candidate and Republican U.S. Rep. Greg Gianforte violated campaign finance laws by moving money from his primary election account to his general election account before paying all of the debts owed by his primary campaign, the commissioner of political practices found Tuesday.

Gianforte then continued to raise money to repay primary debts, including loans he made to his campaign, another violation, commissioner Jeff Mangan found in a complaint filed two weeks ago by the Montana Democratic Party.

The investigation found Gianforte’s campaign transferred nearly $181,000 from his primary to his general election campaign on May 15 while his primary campaign still had $1.58 million in debts, including $1.55 million in personal loans made by Gianforte to his campaign.
    Why is it so hard for some of these folks to follow the law?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Trump campaign had only 63.1 million dollars cash on hand at the end of September, apparently.

Collectively, the Trump campaign and allied PACs with the RNC have 251 million dollars cash on hand. By comparison, the Biden campaign and allied PACs had 432 million dollars cash on hand at the start of the month.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers