Quote Originally Posted by sandscrit View Post
    What an amazing comeback. Let me guess, I suck too, and I'm stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

His location is listed as Denmark. For the benefit of Americans, Denmark is not in Russia.
    He is Russian, it is known, look at his location in Cyrillic.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, if you look at a lot of those, he has come out and either apologized for his past actions and therefore is trying to make amends for them as he knows they were wrong. That alone makes him look far better then Trump.
    You don't think he'll just say anything to get elected?

Its weird if you look at Trump's past he's actually quite liberal pre-politics but has been much more right-wing in office. Biden's background is very much the right of the Democrat party but his speechwriters have been writing flowery inclusive rhetoric for him lately.

Chomsky thinks you can push Biden to the left when in office. I have to take that seriously as he's probably the greatest living intellectual. But I think hell will freeze over before that happens frankly, the progressives have no leverage.

Biden is wearing an ear piece!

Let's check to see The Donald and what this may be:

OMG obviously a super processor chip that help him give debate answers!

Obviously it's something his hair and seems to be some type of tape/glue.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He is Russian, it is known, look at his location in Cyrillic.
    You referred specifically to his current location not his nationality, which is obviously Denmark.

For future reference you can cut and paste cyrillic into google to translate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

OMG obviously a super processor chip that help him give debate answers!

Obviously it's something his hair and seems to be some type of tape/glue.

Looks like shigawire to me. Maybe he was planning to garrote Biden.

You referred specifically to his current location not his nationality, which is obviously Denmark.

For future reference you can cut and paste cyrillic into google to translate it.
    Doesn't matter, we know he is Russian.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Trump *may* have secured the white supremacist vote.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I think Trump *may* have secured the white supremacist vote.
    I don't believe that was ever in question.

I don't believe that was ever in question.
    I'm also somewhat concerned that he might not be telling the truth sometimes.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

I'm also somewhat concerned that he might not be telling the truth sometimes.
    Also, was never in question. The question is, when has he ever told the truth?

Also, was never in question. The question is, when has he ever told the truth?
    Another thing, what if he's in debt?

Another thing, what if he's in debt?
    Again, not in question. I know you are being sarcastic, but not in question.

Again, not in question. I know you are being sarcastic, but not in question.
    If you know I'm being sarcastic, then you know I know it's not in question, so why are you persisting as if I'm serious?

If you know I'm being sarcastic, then you know I know it's not in question, so why are you persisting as if I'm serious?
    Cuz it's fun, and some Trump supporter will probably think you are being serious.

Cuz it's fun, and some Trump supporter will probably think you are being serious.
    At least one person thought I was serious for sure.

At least one person thought I was serious for sure.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't surprise me.
    Right? Some people are really obtuse.

The point of the debate is to make your pitch to be the American President.

At this stage theres a bunch of people that won't be swayed - those to either "extreme". So the pitch needs to be made to the undecided people / fence sitters.

I can't see how Trump did himself any favours furthering that goal. If anything, he harmed himself badly. For which I'm grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The point of the debate is to make your pitch to be the American President.

At this stage theres a bunch of people that won't be swayed - those to either "extreme". So the pitch needs to be made to the undecided people / fence sitters.

I can't see how Trump did himself any favours furthering that goal. If anything, he harmed himself badly. For which I'm grateful.
    Agreed. He secured his base, which was already secure, and is a minority. That display was unhinged and globally embarrassing.

I haven't posted in a few weeks due to being very busy, but after that absolute disgrace of a debate last night, I have to say something. If it wasn't immensely clear before the debate, it is now: Trump has given up all hope of winning the election legitimately.

• He is trying to win through voter suppression and fraud.
    • Failing that, he will try to win by sowing enough doubt in the integrity of the election that his hand-picked majority on the Supreme Court will award it to him.
    • Failing that, he will try to have the House of Representatives decide where, despite Democrats having a majority, each state's delegation gets exactly one vote, and the Trump shills/sycophants would be able to award him the Presidency.

The above three statements are nothing new, he has openly talked about each of those scenarios.

What is (somewhat) new is the following:
    • Failing all of the above, he will not hesitate to call on his brownshirts like the Proud Boys and other far-right thug groups to rise up and keep him in power through violence and intimidation.

This is not some rhetorical thought experiment anymore. He literally told his thug, white supremacist supporters to "stand back and stand by". I see some people in the media asking what he meant by that. He meant exactly what he said: Don't do anything just yet, but I might need you, so get ready.

I've seen some people say that Trump is just a blowhard and that he is too cowardly to try to stay in power if he loses. I disagree. Consider the fact that should Trump lose, he will most likely be going to prison for a whole smorgasbord of crimes. Also consider that his financial situation (as shown by the New York Times) is even more dire than anyone thought it was. The Presidency is his only hope of avoiding all of that. If he loses, he won't be doing any of the fighting himself (because yes he is a coward), but he will be calling on his sycophantic and thug supporters to fight on his behalf, and he's got tens of millions of them. This is a very real possibility that people need to take more seriously.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but Biden is a complete asshole and you know it. He's probably a slightly less worse human being than Trump but that's like saying cold shit smells better than warm shit.
    Slightly? Trump made a call to arms for white supremacist and demanded his supporters watch people vote... yesterday... Trump currently has DOJ defend him in a defamation case over Trump's rape. Slightly... your moral compass doesn't exist...... WTF?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi