10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    By clean up, you mean do the same racist shit but be more subtle about it?
    Well speaking to my experience the Republicans and Conservatives I thought I would never talk to worked to stop Trump because there are lines even for them you just don't cross and Trump crossed it.

I have no delusions about who the GOP is and what the Republican Party stands for, however I have focused on making my distinctions about Trump and Trumpsters rather then Republicans or Conservatives.

Because while I see Republicans for sure as my 100% opponents, we are all supposed to be Americans trying to live up to the ideals of the constitutions inpsite of our contradictions at times.

But the age of these fucking demagogues and would be kings needs to fucking end. I NEVER hated or rejected Trump for being a Republican, I can accept in any contest we might win we might lose as Democrats, I always want to win for the right reasons.

But Trump was unacceptable, and the Trump Train is littered with the dead bodies from all the victims he has left.

Racism
    Sexism
    Xenophobia

Emboldening fucking white supremacy terrorist.

Republicans held their fucking nose, tabled their contempt over policy and joined with the rest of everyone else that did the same not people that loved Biden, but people that said NO! To this Moron in the White House

This is about a lot more than insults, being offended or hurt feelings. I give credit to those no matter how many Republicans did what would have been hard as fuck for me to do if Trump did that to the Democrats.

They deserve credit and the celebration and that release of stress I have seen from them and everyone else finally stopping this Juggernaut Idiot Trump Train.

I know a long reply but

TLDR The answer is NO! Trump isn't a fucking Republican, because the Republicans I met Conservatives I met have taken the fucking hits to stop this Trump like everyone else.

Trump is a fucking Lunatic and greedy unrelenting bottomless greedy POS. He doesn't actually give two shits about anything or anyone but himself. He'll say anything do anything to save his own ass and his own ass alone. Fuck he is even going scorched earth on his own party.

Republicans as misguided and as much as I disagree, DO actually care.

Yes Some of them might be racist, sexist and homophobic, so are some Democrats that isn't the only issue. The biggest issue is a Trump is an unqualified idiot, and the biggest moron to ever step in the White House.

And that puts everybody's lives at Risk, even the people he claims to love.

I do like this coalition we have however unsteady or limited it will last. I just hope Republicans, Conservatives hell everybody who showed up and put in to stop Trump all deserve better for everyone.

I'm just wondering if Republicans are going to stick around or are they going back to the GOP, I respect them either way

I just hope we never have another Donald Trump

And regardless to anything maybe all agree to never let that shit happen again!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    This election has really made me wonder why people buy into alleged conspiracy theories or believe information given to them by someone *who isn't even credible*, without basis or evidence, that goes against all common sense? There was a faked video yesterday was so bad and so easily discernible as edited, that my 12 year-old nephew that plays around with video editing could have done a better job in 10 minutes. Yet it got spread around so much that 2 major news organizations had to put out an article confirming that it was edited and fake. Worse yet, a very similar attempted video made the circles just a month ago and fooled many people then. So even that didn't help slow the spread of an edited faked video. And those people that fall for them are now increasingly going to unmoderated platforms where there is no fact checking and faked information (fake news -which ironically the people that often spread faked info claim to hate so much) can be spread without any checking or moderation at all.

They do this because it helps rationalize other darker feelings around selfishness, greed, racism, etc. that would be much more uncomfortable to address directly. They'll do this even if it means buying into and spreading conspiracy theories that defy all logic or common sense. And the biggest evidence of this is that even people that have purported conspiracy theories that were looked into and proven false repeatedly are still considered credible by them. It's been a very strange sociological/psychological event. If someone said an Earth destroying asteroid was going to hit the planet on June 22, 2019 and it didn't, normally people would say that person was wrong and would be much more skeptical of the next conspiracy theory that person put forth. And if they were wrong more than once they'd be considered a laughing stock and would be completely ignored. So if you are prone to believing conspiracy theories (even though ~98% turn out to be false), and the source you get your conspiracy theories is proven wrong over and over, ask yourself why are you continuing to believe it? Is it that you really believe a theory that defies all common sense (such as Trump's fraud claims that keep getting shot down in court, where facts actually matter), or is it just because deep down you want to rationalize deeper darker feelings?

I'd just like to take a brief moment to laugh at Martha McSally, who:
    • lost the Arizona Senate race in 2018 to Kyrsten Sinema
    • made it to the Senate anyways as she was appointed by the Governor of AZ to fill John McCain's seat
    • allowed Trump to humiliate her in front of large crowd of people a couple days before the election by only giving her one minute to speak and telling her no one really cared what she had to say
    • lost the Arizona Senate race again in 2020 to Mark Kelly in a bid to keep the seat she was appointed to

Losing 2 Senate races in 2 years, along with losing her dignity and self-respect. Maybe she should take this as a sign to move on from politics and get on with her life's work.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I'd just like to take a brief moment to laugh at Martha McSally
    If this is the worst thing to happen to Republicans in Arizona, they should consider themselves lucky. I'm not sure when AZ last updated, but according to NBC News, Biden leads by 19,000 with 100,000 left to count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You judge people by the total of what they do, you don't just take one time they did bad and hold that up as evidence that they are shit everytime. Well, seems you do, most smart well adjusted people don't.
    Yeah, that is exactly what im doing with McCain. And you can't just ignore some of the biggest war crimes they have committed. Or just ignore was a member of a far righty party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    You know your not the only nation with postal votes, or to have such a large % of the vote via Post.

Americas system is inefficent, it is that qay because of republican meddling in the system, meddling they do because there policy's are archaic and not popular, many policy no other conservative party in any other nation nation stands for, so they know they only way to get power is resticing and hindering democracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, i was 10 then all i remember is pokemon from that time.

Growing up in Canada and being a Citizen in the U.S as well. I can tell you for a fact that things like Universal Healthcare really should be a no fucking brainer.

The problem really is that anybody not playing politics with sense understands, this however being the U.S I also understand while Canada, U.K and fuck most of the Dominion of the Crown of Windsor and Scandinavian Countries (Japan too). It would be different here and much harder to get implemented.

The fact is thought we should have had Universal Healthcare a long long fucking time ago, SO we might never get it here now. But we do need to have something that is comprehensive and works.that does fit the U.S where everyone gets Health Insurance.

We should not only have Universal healthcare because it's the right thing to do, but more importantly it's the smarter thing to do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I'd just like to take a brief moment to laugh at Martha McSally, who:
    • lost the Arizona Senate race in 2018 to Kyrsten Sinema
    • made it to the Senate anyways as she was appointed by the Governor of AZ to fill John McCain's seat
    • allowed Trump to humiliate her in front of large crowd of people a couple days before the election by only giving her one minute to speak and telling her no one really cared what she had to say
    • lost the Arizona Senate race again in 2020 to Mark Kelly in a bid to keep the seat she was appointed to

Losing 2 Senate races in 2 years, along with losing her dignity and self-respect. Maybe she should take this as a sign to move on from politics and get on with her life's work.
    I think what partly caused that is the fact it was just handed to McSally after she lost once, I can see people rejecting that also.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yeah, that is exactly what im doing with McCain. And you can't just ignore some of the biggest war crimes they have committed. Or just ignore was a member of a far righty party.
    Can you cite any of these "war crimes" you allege McCain has committed? Or are you just making an effort to rile people up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well speaking to my experience the Republicans and Conservatives I thought I would never talk to worked to stop Trump because there are lines even for them you just don't cross and Trump crossed it.

I have no delusions about who the GOP is and what the Republican Party stands for, however I have focused on making my distinctions about Trump and Trumpsters rather then Republicans or Conservatives.

Because while I see Republicans for sure as my 100% opponents, we are all supposed to be Americans trying to live up to the ideals of the constitutions inpsite of our contradictions at times.

But the age of these fucking demagogues and would be kings needs to fucking end. I NEVER hated or rejected Trump for being a Republican, I can accept in any contest we might win we might lose as Democrats, I always want to win for the right reasons.

But Trump was unacceptable, and the Trump Train is littered with the dead bodies from all the victims he has left.

Racism
    Sexism
    Xenophobia

Republicans held their fucking nose, tabled their contempt over policy and joined with the rest of everyone else that did the same not people that loved Biden, but people that said NO! To this Moron in the White House

This is about a lot more than insults, being offended or hurt feelings. I give credit to those no matter how many Republicans did what would have been hard as fuck for me to do if Trump did that to the Democrats.

They deserve credit and the celebration and that release of stress I have seen from them and everyone else finally stopping this Juggernaut Idiot Trump Train.

I know a long reply but

TLDR The answer is NO! Trump isn't a fucking Republican, because the Republicans I met Conservatives I met have taken the fucking hits to stop this Trump like everyone else.

Trump is a fucking Lunatic and greedy unrelenting bottomless greedy POS. He doesn't actually give two shits about anything or anyone but himself. He'll say anything do anything to save his own ass and his own ass alone. Fuck he is even going scorched earth on his own party.

Yes Some of them might be racist, sexist and homophobic, so are some Democrats that isn't the only issue. The biggest issue is a Trump is an unqualified idiot, and the biggest moron to ever step in the White House.

And that puts everybody's lives at Risk, even the people he claims to love.

I do like this coalition we have however unsteady or limited it will last. I just hope Republicans, Conservatives hell everybody who showed up and put in to stop Trump all deserve better for everyone.

I'm just wondering if Republicans are going to stick around or are they going back to the GOP, I respect them either way

I just hope we never have another Donald Trump

And regardless to anything maybe all agree to never let that shit happen again!
    Stop being an apologist for hate and abuse.

It wasn't Trump. Trump garnered nearly 70 million votes in this election. That's a whopping level of broad support for the sadism and bigotry that his administration represents. That is "the Republican Party". That's who voted for him. They aren't distinct and separate from Trump and what he represents.

In fact, Trump beat all the major 2016 Republican candidates in the primary because he better represented that sadism and bigotry than any of the others.

Trump's base is the Republican Base. There is no return to normalcy, for them; Trump was their "normal". A "normal" they actively voted for in 2016, and whom they turned out for in what would have been record numbers in 2020, save that Biden managed to squeak out even more.

This election was a repudiation of Trump and what he stands for by the nation, but it was also a love letter of vehement support for the same from the Republican electorate. If Republicans had rejected Trump, Biden would have have taken every State and the margins wouldn't be less than 30 points in any of 'em.

That flatly is not what happened.

Trump lost no real Republican support. He improved his numbers over 2016. Republicans are the party of Trump. His sadism and abusive nature was a feature, not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It wasn't Trump. Trump garnered nearly 70 million votes in this election. That's a whopping level of broad support for the sadism and bigotry that his administration represents. That is "the Republican Party". That's who voted for him. They aren't distinct and separate from Trump and what he represents.
    This is the type of shit that turned me away from the Republican party.

The Tea Party in my state was fucking TERRIBLE after Obama won. Being from Wisconsin, the Tea Party was born just a few miles south of our border. I could tell the people who supported the Tea Party in my area were just flat out racist and they were getting more and more people into their bullshit. I, for the most part, completely walked away from the Republican Party after that (I did vote for Obama in 2008 because I thought his message was better).

I just don't get bigotry. I cannot fathom treating another person differently based on their race, sexual orientation, gender or religion. I should also add, I'm a straight white male.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump’s Pants on Fire claim about illegal votes

It's a long and, as always, cited read, but here's the quick version.

Trump said, "If you count the legal votes, I easily win. If you count the illegal votes, they can try to steal the election from us."

At the time of Trump’s comments the process of counting legal ballots continued in a handful of states with close races. Election experts say that local election officials are proceeding by following their state laws to count and verify ballots.

There is no evidence that proper counting of legal votes automatically means Trump wins. And there is no evidence of widespread counting of illegal votes or any scheme by Democrats to steal the election.
    If Trump has evidence, it has yet to be presented.

- - - Updated - - -

Ted Cruz is now joining the RepubliQAnon by saying Philly is "clouding the vote counting in a shroud of darkness."

I'm surprised PolitiFact even touched this one. Both sides have had observers the whole time. And the entire thing was live streamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was expecting GA to be very close, like 1-2k votes close.

I just checked the numbers. Biden is ahead by 10k.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    They have no problems crossing them, they just want to subtle about it.

The big difference is that he says the qiuet part out liud.

And the far right never gave a fuck about that.

Racism
    Sexism
    Xenophobia

All just standard far right bullshit.

[/quote]
    You never "gotta hand" to the far right.

93% of them voted Trump this time, this is bullshit.

Just like every Gop member.

No, they only care about themselves. Nothing misguided about them, they are all in it for either the money or the racism.

Not some of them, all of them/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Can you cite any of these "war crimes" you allege McCain has committed? Or are you just making an effort to rile people up?
    He was an pilot in Vietnam who performed bombing missions. I though this was common knowdelge in the US?

Why are you all so desperate to defend somebody on the far right? I though the forum hated everything from it.

I'm repeating what I said before, Biden won the election, but he didn't win the people he needed to win... Trump gained a massive amount of voters despite his horrible politics.

Here are some illuminating and sobering articles from various sources:
    Trump GAINED voters in Philly compared to 2016 /Philadelphia Inquirer
    https://www.inquirer.com/news/presid...-20201107.html

Democrats unable to find a narrative of their own besides "Anti-Trump" /Politico
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-voters-434100

How the Clinton years policies and Biden himself contributed to losing the working class constituents and polarization /The Guardian - the most interesting read imo
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...efeat-election

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It'll be comedy gold if Twitter just bans him.
    When he's done being president they easily could.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why didn’t democrats that don’t care about American people, ever suggest it to stop Trump? Why didn’t democrats shit on American people and suggest such a thing?
    I remember that some did suggest it, and there were a number of faithless elector votes last time.

HOWEVER, there were more faithless electors that didn't vote for Hillary than didn't vote for Trump in 2016.
    That's why Trump for 304 - not 306 votes, and Hillary 227 instead of 232. And Colin Powell got 3 votes, despite not running for president.
    (In addition 4 faithless electors were replaced.)

Added: https://www.change.org/p/electoral-c...cember-19-2017
    4,893,520 supporters wanted the electoral college to be unfaithful last time and elect Hillary.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-11-08 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So I was expecting GA to be very close, like 1-2k votes close.

I just checked the numbers. Biden is ahead by 10k.
    Yup and increasing. Does fill with some hope that the democrats can win both senate seats that are up for grabs in GA, even though it might be a longshot.

If not the democrats will need to wait till 2022 when 22 republicans and 12 democrats are up for reelection. All the democrats are within states they won, but 2 of the republican seats are in states Biden won (Michigan an PA). So there's hope to claim those seats in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t think they can/will while he’s still President, but that special treatment will be over soon. Definitely could after that, and I hope they do.
    I read an article that starting january his account wont have the same protections so he may get muzzled
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t think they can/will while he’s still President
    They've made it their policy not to block public servants, but they also have a Terms of Service. They could. I agree they won't.

He was an pilot in Vietnam who performed bombing missions. I though this was common knowdelge in the US?

Why are you all so desperate to defend somebody on the far right? I though the forum hated everything from it.
    Fighting in a war is not a war crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Fighting in a war is not a war crime.
    Bombing civilians is.

but good thing we have now arrived at justyfing the Vietnam war to defend some far right nutjob.