Season of Discovery - Limited Free Character Transfers from PvP to PvE Realms

Season of Discovery - Limited Free Character Transfers from PvP to PvE Realms
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Good evening everyone,

When we launched Season of Discovery, we made some bold decisions, one of those was the creation of Enforced Faction Balanced PvP Realms. When we did this, we did our best to communicate some caveats that this may not end up being the experience you want from World of Warcraft, as PvP realms can be an intensely challenging experience at times. While we are very happy with how the faction balance system has worked out, we know from player feedback internally and externally that the reality of a balanced presence of both factions on a single realm, and that individual layers will not always have equal factions, means that some folks have now decided they would instead prefer a PvE ruleset, but have characters locked to these PvP realms.

To that end, we genuinely want everyone to have the best time they can in Season of Discovery, so over the next few weeks, we will be periodically opening Free Character Transfers from PvP realms to PvE realms. These transfer windows will open and close fairly rapidly, and we offer no guarantee that you will be able to transfer. The reasoning for this is simple; we need to ensure that one faction doesn’t disproportionally leave a realm, undoing months of hard work with realm faction balance.

These transfer options will be periodically available starting Tuesday and will open and close throughout the rest of this week.

As always, thank for you joining us in Season of Discovery. We’ve experimented a lot and learned much that will ultimately lead to bigger and better things.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2024-04-23 at 01:45 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    omg another FOMO thing! When will Blizzard learn!

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty L take IMO

People: WE WANT TO PEE VEE PEE!
    Blizzard: OK then. Here's a few PvP servers. We're doing this cool thing we think people will like where we try to keep the factions balanced
    People: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Blizzard: But, this is what y'all wanted right? Faction Balance???
    People: OK Fine.

Later on...

People: Weh I'm being GRIEFED by *insert faction here* on *Insert Layer Here*
    Blizzard: Too bad, PVP on a PVP server.
    People: BUT ITS NOT FAIR I'M NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME
    Blizzard: ... ... ... OK Fine. We're going to do something.

Ah yes, the ol' "I like world PvP!" being code for "I like world PvP if I'm the dominant faction and can gank people easily!", who could have seen this coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Always good.

faction balanced realms feature is one of greatest inventions, huge respect <3

but zones location, instances, faction quest hubs etc and all related logistics, this all make its own adjustments, classic isn't BfA after all and wasn't created with mandatory questing in mind

Quote Originally Posted by ceheci7742 View Post
    faction balanced realms feature is one of greatest inventions, huge respect <3

but zones location, instances, faction quest hubs etc and all related logistics, this all make its own adjustments, classic isn't BfA after all and wasn't created with mandatory questing in mind
    As long as there will be sharding and layering it will just be nearly useless.