Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Depends on what you're talking about. Are you talking about georgia's senate seats?
    Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. I see references to runoffs all over but no real explanation for how they work.

oh the irony
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Did he literally just tell his supporters to trust the media?

While his own supporters are protesting FOX News? What the fuck is even happening?
    As always he means "trust the media that reports favourably on me, but only as long as they do exactly that". Cus, you know, everything else is fake in the land of Trump.

The count in PA was just halted while democrats appeal a ruling to allow Trumpsters in for the count. I don't immediately understand why that is being appealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to steal that. Someone please make a gif version.

By the way, Americans, how do you feel that the rest of the world are looking at you as Third World country?

It's rhetorical, but please, just kick the Party of Orange Fascism out.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-05 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Trump RN.

Decent humans are Velen
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. I see references to runoffs all over but no real explanation for how they work.
    They basically work like normal special elections, but with only two candidates in each race. They take the top two candidates from the general election, and they pit them against each other in a special election.

People show up at the polls and vote normally, and since there are only two choices, one of them has to get over 50% of the vote. Obviously the turnout is usually a lot lower, but I have never heard of a special election that had both Senate seats in play at the same time. That might actually get pretty high turnout, especially if the control of the senate depends on it (Which it looks like it will).

Side note: I would never have guessed that Tillis and Collins would keep their seats, and we still won't know if Purdue is keeping his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    By the way, Americans, how do you feel that the rest of the world are looking at you as Third World country?

America has been the richest 3rd world country for decades, so *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post

The opinions of other countries aren't relevant.

Barack Obama is Illidan Stormrage
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

bye bye donald. i will be back later and by that time, biden will be at 270 and you'll be high on adderal and xannax
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

thats the biggest reason why i want trump to lose just to have the script flipped on the election meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The opinions of other countries aren't relevant.
    Speak for yourself. I for one value the opinions from our ally countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    They basically work like normal special elections, but with only two candidates in each race. They take the top two candidates from the general election, and they pit them against each other in a special election.

People show up at the polls and vote normally, and since there are only two choices, one of them has to get over 50% of the vote. Obviously the turnout is usually a lot lower, but I have never heard of a special election that had both Senate seats in play at the same time. That might actually get pretty high turnout, especially if the control of the senate depends on it (Which it looks like it will).

Side note: I would never have guessed that Tillis and Collins would keep their seats, and we still won't know if Purdue is keeping his.
    Thanks for the explanation! It's about what I guessed they'd be, and if it's the case that control of the Senate hinges on it I can just imagine that the campaigns will reflect that. I guess I have some more nail-biting ahead of me, heh.

Biden is already making me money in the stock market.

Thank you Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Collins' was a surprise. She should've paid a price for Kavanaugh. Her state thought differently I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Speak for yourself. I for one value the opinions from our ally countries.
    You mean our minion countries, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, with the Lt. Gov of PA calling it, I think it's basically over.

He has the numbers as they're counted. He probably sees and hears things we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    They happen in instances where state law demands that the winner gets 50%+1 votes. In georgia's instance, there are two senate seats up for grabs instead of the usual one because loeffler was appointed to hold office until a special election could be held for the rest of that seat's term. Their other seat was on this election's schedule for senate elections (only 1/3 of all senate seats are elected every 2 years). As no one won 50%+1 in the special election, there will be a runoff on jan 5 (set by GA state law). It's possible that perdue will not maintain his 50%+1 advantage and that may lead to another runoff, which would be held on the same date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..