10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have a dose of Trump tears from Twitter or anything? I need a boost of hope!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Eh I could see that hypothetical going both ways.

If trump loses, republicans might also be impassioned to go out and vote to try and “limit Biden’s power,” while Democrat voters might be lulled into a false sense of security by a Biden win.

But personally, I’m not worried about that stuff at all right now. Waiting for these cagey states to finish counting their votes.
    I assure you, living in Georgia, no one will "take it for granted".

Georgia - where Kemp is governor by cheating, and Georgia is one of the leaders in corona virus deaths as a direct result of that.
    Georgia - FINALLY turning purple.

The final votes will likely take even longer than the Presidential votes to count due to the large turnout. If there is a light turnout, I would expect that would be 2 blowout democratic wins.

The Biden team needs to have lawyers at every voting precinct and counting site to counter republican attempts at cheating. It's going to be nuts in Georgia from about next week until after New Years - what a way to end a completely bonkers year.

Democrats may get a HUGE victory if they can find all the places where republicans have traditionally cheated to win elections and correct them permanently. This could possibly turn Georgia not only purple, but almost blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    If I understand correctly, the current makeup of the Senate (not including the 2 Georgia seats), is 50-48 Republican.

In Georgia, there will be 2 runoff elections in early January for the 2 Senate seats since no one got over 50%

If the democrats get both, then it will be 50-50 in the Senate, so Kamala Harris would be the 51st vote to break ties.

Presumably, the two democratic Senate candidates will do about as well as Biden did in the Presidential election.

Being 2020, Christmas will be brutal in Georgia this year. Not one, but two Senate races for all the marbles with lots of campaign money flowing from the whole country, not to mention the rest of the world weighing in as well. Political ads will DOMINATE the airwaves.
    Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it. We've already been bombarded with ads for Ossoff, but now that both parties are hinging on this state? Christ.

What really grinds my gears though is that I know, I just know that Democrats won't do shit but bomb us with ads. Radio ads, television ads, mailers. That's it. But what they need to do is put people on the ground, knocking on doors, holding events, educating these hillbillies about what a Democrat senate majority will do. Spend some time trying to rewind conservative propaganda. Because unless they peel off actual conservatives, no amount of ad buys in the world will win those senate seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It’s going to be fucking madness. That being said, if Biden does win this I think that benefits the Dem candidates in the run offs. Sure, the solid GOP voters will show, but I think Trump true believers that aren’t otherwise politically engaged outside of ‘TRUMP!!’ might not show up.
    Here is to hoping that the GOP piss off the "TRUMP" voters for not doing enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    this popped into my feed

Edit: just find it Humorous and it will just feed the paranoid fires of mass mail in ballot frauds
    Last edited by Omians; 2020-11-06 at 03:45 AM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    23k now. Trust me.
    Just saw the 26 pop up gonna believe you. Apparently Pilly is finally updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    MSNBC said that election officials in PA told Democrats that the expected Biden to overtake Trump as the leader in PA by 4-5 AM. He has steadily been cutting into Trumps lead.
    Yeah. By the end of this he may be beating Trump by ~100k votes when all of the Mail ins are counted (and provisional skew heavily dem, it seems)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

So a few hours ago, Biden lost about ~20k off of his lead in AZ (it's down to around 46k). Anyone know if this trend is supposed to continue? I think it's just about the only state that's been gaining votes for Trump after 80% reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Just saw the 26 pop up gonna believe you. Apparently Pilly is finally updating.
    26k is the correct number... I mistyped.

*sighs* Seems the coolaid rot has spread to Australia. Just overheard two of my co-workers, including my department boss talking over the election. I knew they were anti-vaxxers and hardcore happy-clappies as we call them (charismatic evangelical Christians), but I didn't realise they had drunk so deep from the coolaid well.

They were rather distraught over Trump loosing, with one of them saying it was basically the end of the world. No, serious. There was a whole bit about how masks are the work of 'the enemy' (aka Satan), and that wearing them would make you sick, and how now the caronavirus vaccine would be forced on people, and people would be tattooed on the forehead to show who had received it (ie the mark of the Beast.)

So basically the type of people who voted for Trump over in the US. These two are university educated though. It enough to make you weep with despair. .

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it. We've already been bombarded with ads for Ossoff, but now that both parties are hinging on this state? Christ.

What really grinds my gears though is that I know, I just know that Democrats won't do shit but bomb us with ads. Radio ads, television ads, mailers. That's it. But what they need to do is put people on the ground, knocking on doors, holding events, educating these hillbillies about what a Democrat senate majority will do. Spend some time trying to rewind conservative propaganda. Because unless they peel off actual conservatives, no amount of ad buys in the world will win those senate seats.
    I dunno, when there is zero need for a ground game LITERALLY anywhere else, and the entire future if the Democratic legislative agenda hedges in those two seats, they might actually step up to bat for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Jan 20 at 12:00:01 they hit the ban button. ahh let me dream.
    OH GOD. Pray that this happens.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Understood, the only thing we had issue at that I know of was you trying to assign blame to both sides when it was one sided or asking to work together to fix it when it is intentionally done by one side to benefit them.

As for addressing it, we have a LOT that needs to be done but likely won't happen so long as those who broke still have the power to prevent it from being fixed. So will take a few more years till their less informed voter base dies off and they are stuck relying solely off of racists, religious zealots and uneducated people who lack critical thinking skills and too scared to think for themselves.

Once they lose that support enough that they cant block anything, than it could potentially be a tidal wave of problems actually being able to be addressed eventually, assuming the Democrats finally grow some balls that don't shrivel and invert the moment they get power.
    Yeah, honestly when intelligence die regardless to people's motives bias is one thing, but stupidity is another.

But as I said in the past, I held my nose voting for Biden, I loved Bernie, and despite me not liking his actions. If Biden Wins I think for the most part I have some soul searching to go.

I know a lot of Conservatives and Republicans before Trump I'd Never talk to, that have become part of the this fight to Stop Trump. If you asked me before Trump if that could ever happened I would have laughed.

It's temporary obviously and with it being called a Neo Liberal and what not, which I actually understand in so many ways. I'll Be honest Biden being called officially is going to fill me with so many emotions.

It will literally take every god damn thing we could to stop this monster motherfucker. The question is NOW what?

I am NOT a Neo Liberal, I pains me that there are divisions among liberals and Democrats I have known and sided with for years, no votes to some who also got sucked into Trumps Bullshit.

I wish I could say the Emotion is just Happiness, but it's also confusion.

Because as I said NOW what, I don't expect this coalition between former Republicans and Democrats to last forever. Liberals and Conservatives

One thing I can see clearly after this is that Anger and more importantly disappointment in the process is going to overshadow the election.

Once Biden is Called I think I am done for a while this shit has fucking Broken me LOL
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So a few hours ago, Biden lost about ~20k off of his lead in AZ (it's down to around 46k). Anyone know if this trend is supposed to continue? I think it's just about the only state that's been gaining votes for Trump after 80% reporting.
    Trump will not win AZ. He's not going to hit his numbers for the remaining drops. They're all more blue counties and precincts than what he needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Slightly off on your numbers.

NC isn't called yet, and there is a possibly (albeit remote) for Tillis to be ousted when the votes update next week.

Currently it's 48 R 46 D 2 I with NC, AK, and 2xGA left to call.

GoP is all but guaranteed AK. NC is a moonshot but technically possible. GA runoffs will be a complete shit show.

Either way, 50+1 is all you need, so if Dems can win big in the runoffs, we can have an actual legislative agenda, with Harris as a frequent tiebreaker.
    I would start watching CSPAN on the regular just to see Harris go from Junior Senator to Super Senator who gets to tell McConnell to go sit in the corner.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump will not win AZ. He's not going to hit his numbers for the remaining drops. They're all more blue counties and precincts than what he needs.
    Do you have a breakdown of the numbers on hand for that?

Not saying you're wrong, but I want to know this stuff is as rock-solid as possible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah. By the end of this he may be beating Trump by ~100k votes when all of the Mail ins are counted (and provisional skew heavily dem, it seems)
    My understanding is that provisional is largely mail in voters who decided to go to the polls after mailing it in, so that tracks. If you voted in October and then heard about all the Trump shenanigans that would be motivation to go to the polls and make 100% sure you got your vote counted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

From what i've read (take it with a huge grain of salt) the last maricopa county batch (that was somewhat good for Biden, considering the margins) was from a specially red area. Next batches should be more bluish.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

so about 3 batches just from philly biden will overtake chump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Anyone have a dose of Trump tears from Twitter or anything? I need a boost of hope!
    Hahahaha DUDE I literally had to fucking mute a shit load of people because of all the theory crafting, I have only been watching for the most practical analysis I can find, but from what I've gathered Trump is already changing his tone. He won't win, the question is how much damage will he inflict before it's called and he's out.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis