Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    You specifically argued he couldn't have voted because he doesn't type "like an American".

That's objectively nonsense and is absolutely a form of xenophobia: this person is different, and therefore cannot have voted.

Well, I certainly voted and I don't type like you either. He might well be full of shit (I certainly have no way of knowing either way) but the fact he formats numbers differently to you certainly has nothing to do whether or not he has the right to vote here.
    Once again, this dude has posted before, it's a burner account. The attempts to be deceptive, including word usage (not just spelling) gave it up for him.

If you want to continue defending the sea lioning burner account, be my guest.

Good for you, glad you voted. Voting is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The European typing was just evidence supporting that claim.
    Except that it doesn't do anything of the sort. Being originally from somewhere else doesn't preclude someone from voting. I sat in a room not too long ago with dozens of people from dozens of countries who all swore the same oath. This same "evidence" could be applied to any one of them.

It's a casual form of othering, but that's still what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Biden just released his Covid team... All named “Dr” for some reason... none of Biden’s kids are on it and no corporate goons. Does Biden hate his family and friends so much, he won’t even give them jobs in his admin? Kushner brought peace to the Middle East and he isn’t even a real buy yet...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Apparently Biden was prepared for this scenario and already began tapping foreign policy advisers.

While it’s obvious that trump is trying to go down kicking and screaming, I trust Biden’s experience as Vice President (and countries likely being far more wiling to work with Biden than trump) will more than prepare him for taking up the reigns with ease.
    True Biden is definitely experienced on what needs to be done on transition. We can say more drama here than substance, but still very dangerous and something that should not happen going forward.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    none of Biden’s kids are on it
    Wait, did he disown Hunter so he could give him a job? : P

Weird that he'd like, have qualified people rather than political donors and *checks notes* his stupid fuckin kids and their stupid fuckin spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, did he disown Hunter so he could give him a job? : P

Weird that he'd like, have qualified people rather than political donors and *checks notes* his stupid fuckin kids and their stupid fuckin spouses.
    Hey, you forgot, the stupid fucking lap dancer girlfriends!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer have been reelected as Senate party leaders in votes held even as the battle for control of the Senate is still underway

Oh for bleeps sake! McConnell is easy. Yet again the Dems go with Schumer the pussy cat of the Senate. Enjoy the next 4 years Democrats of getting your teeth kicked in, mo matter how the Georgia runoffs go.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    True Biden is definitely experienced on what needs to be done on transition. We can say more drama here than substance, but still very dangerous and something that should not happen going forward.
    I think we should be more concerned about Trump going on a warpath firing more people to enable him to do the more outrageous things. If you think about it he can still pull / move troops from countries enabling invasions, wars, no bid contract to cronies, have Mnuchin loot the treasury some more. He can enable more sanctions or remove some, pardon a bunch of killers, crazies and racists.
    He can also make people like Stephen Miller permanent employees of the US government.

Trump can still do a shit ton of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer have been reelected as Senate party leaders in votes held even as the battle for control of the Senate is still underway

Oh for bleeps sake! McConnell is easy. Yet again the Dems go with Schumer the pussy cat of the Senate. Enjoy the next 4 years Democrats of getting your teeth kicked in, mo matter how the Georgia runoffs go.
    agreed Schummer is fucking pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Hey, you forgot, the stupid fucking lap dancer girlfriends!
    So I heard about this but hadn't looked it up... - https://sfist.com/2020/11/09/kim-gui...t-tub-parties/

“Some donors were horrified by what they described as Guilfoyle’s lack of professionalism,” Politico reports. “She frequently joked about her sex life and, at one fundraiser, offered a lap dance to the donor who gave the most money.”

There’s more! Per Politico: “At an event in Jackson Hole, Wyo., earlier this year, Guilfoyle and the younger Trump joked about how she raised money while in hot tubs. Another attendee presented a slightly different version, saying that whoever in the audience raised the most money would be offered a hot tub party with Guilfoyle.”
    So a woman who seems pretty damned smart/qualified, who was married to the guy who is now governor or CA, who had a spot on Fox News, who is now dating the son of the POTUS, is acting like she's doing casting couches for old, rich conservatives...

ThE ParTY Of famiLY vALUEs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    With the GOP rushing ahead in SCOTUS aiming for the Affordable Care Act today I kind of wonder if this whole Republican strategy of being hostile and aggressive as possible, which worked well for so long, won't finally backfire over the next couple months. I actually think the GOP might be overplaying their hand now.
    I wish. However, I think SCOTUS has a long history of evaluating each case that reaches them based on their nine opinions, not the court of public opinion.

That's why I'm hoping Biden takes office before SCOTUS drops the ACA entirely, which 6-3 they'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    Apparently. I don't want to know how much of the campaign budget goes towards fueling that habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I wish. However, I think SCOTUS has a long history of evaluating each case that reaches them based on their nine opinions, not the court of public opinion.

That's why I'm hoping Biden takes office before SCOTUS drops the ACA entirely, which 6-3 they'll do.
    Another reason why the Senate is so important.

The idea floated that with control of all 3 Legislative Branches, the Dems could fix some of he ACA so it would not be ruled upon by Scotus. If Republicans hold the Senate they will maliciously not pass any improvements on the ACA so it can be taken down by SCOTUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    What he really meant...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    From an European view its baffling to what extent politicial affiliation impact the legal system.
    Literally the last area of governing that should be impacted.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

What he really meant...

Those Trump boys. Nobody is sure if they're genuinely dumb enough to tell people to commit voter fraud intentionally, or if they're too dumb to realize what they're doing to begin with.

Not gonna miss this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, should have voted for the guy that’s asking for donation to his ‘rigged election’ fund, with fine print saying 50% is going to pay off campaign debt.
    By the end, you should realize how silly it is to be worried about a campaign, that is asking for donation, with fine print saying 50% of donations are going to pay off debt.
    Well, originally I was going to point out that it was only 5%, not 50%, of the funds going to paying down the debt...

...but when I investigated more, I found out that there are multiple grifting schemes, not just the 5% one for the RNC, but yes, in fact, a 50% one for recount fees.

So... carry on!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, originally I was going to point out that it was only 5%, not 50%, of the funds going to paying down the debt...

...but when I investigated more, I found out that there are multiple grifting schemes, not just the 5% one for the RNC, but yes, in fact, a 50% one for recount fees.

So... carry on!
    Republicans love wealth redistribution. Just redistributing it from poor donors to their wealthy buddies and grifters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans love wealth redistribution. Just redistributing it from poor donors to their wealthy buddies and grifters.
    But don't worry, because it'll just "trickle down", like when they pay their nannies, and their dry cleaners, and their car services...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Those Trump boys. Nobody is sure if they're genuinely dumb enough to tell people to commit voter fraud intentionally, or if they're too dumb to realize what they're doing to begin with.

Not gonna miss this.
    What the fuck was he trying to mean with those words, exactly?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    What the fuck was he trying to mean with those words, exactly?
    He is an idiot...