10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    From the motion to submit: "Appellants Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. (“Campaign”) and two individual voters hereby move, pursuant to Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure 27(c) and 27(d)(2) and Local Rule 27.6, to submit an Emergency Motion for Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunction Pending Appeal to Stay Effect of Certification and Expedited Briefing (“Emergency TRO Motion”), with a limit of 6,500 words, and in support thereof aver the following:"

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-c...Document-1.pdf

And here's the link to their opening brief: https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-c..._Documents.pdf
    *slow blink*

Look, ok, bear with me I've had a long day and reading this makes me feel like I've had a stroke.
    Let me get this straight:

Trump's "lawyers" are filing an emergency motion to ask permission to file and emergency TRO against, presumably, the entire board of certification to stop the certification of the election in PA.

And that TRO has a word limit of 6500. Except for that part where they say the motion must not exceed 5200 words. Or maybe that's a separate TRO they're filing right now instead of asking permission for.

Did- Did the lawyers get their degrees in cereal boxes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Wow the one idiot GOP member in MI abstained. Lol ultimate gutlessness.
    They couldn't legally vote no AFAIK.

They can either certify, or try to move the date back, there isn't an option to "not certify".

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They couldn't legally vote no AFAIK.

They can either certify, or try to move the date back, there isn't an option to "not certify".
    Which makes sense. You can't just pretend an election didn't happen. You have to either certify it, or present a plan of how you are going to certify it and how long it will take.

Seems pretty stupid have a Board of *Anything* being an even amount of members anyway.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Did- Did the lawyers get their degrees in cereal boxes?
    Considering that a judge laughed at Rudy for not knowing what opacity or strict scrutiny meant, filing lawsuits in the wrong state and their legal paperwork being filled with numerous errors... probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    FOX News seems to be the only major news outlet that doesn't mention the Michigan thing. Their top stories are

1) Biden's GOP obstacles to his Cabinet
    2) Yellen
    3) Trump's most recent PA court challenge which is already outdated
    4) The GA Senate race
    5) Saying Cuomo shouldn't get an Emmy for talking about COVID because he let some people die (no mention of the Dakotas suspiciously...)

FOX News is trying like hell to hold the line wthout actually going crazy or lying.

Speaking of crazy and lying, more on the Rush Limbaugh story.

I talked to so many people who were blown away by it, by the very nature of the press conference. They promised blockbuster stuff, and then nothing happened. And that’s just not good.

If you’re gonna do a press conference like that with the promise of blockbusters then there has to be something more than what that press conference delivered

Now Sidney Powell is supposedly out, jumped the shark, got out over the skis, but apparently she’s still gonna be working along with Lin Wood trying to make the case that she says is there to be made all along

Time, of course, is of the essence now, as it is speedily vanishing. They’re gonna have to act fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    FOX News is trying like hell to hold the line wthout actually going crazy or lying.
    They are also hemorrhaging viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    FOX News seems to be the only major news outlet that doesn't mention the Michigan thing. Their top stories are

1) Biden's GOP obstacles to his Cabinet
    2) Yellen
    3) Trump's most recent PA court challenge which is already outdated
    4) The GA Senate race
    5) Saying Cuomo shouldn't get an Emmy for talking about COVID because he let some people die (no mention of the Dakotas suspiciously...)

Speaking of crazy and lying, more on the Rush Limbaugh story.
    nope it's nowhere on their main top story web page. have to dig. go into politics and scroll down. they have an article, but buried so deep it'll probably get like a dozen reads.

Has Georgia certified its results?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Has Georgia certified its results?
    yes they did it on friday.

Never mind it's now a top article on foxnews.com 2nd top article.

yes they did it on friday.
    Neat. The only one left from today is PA, right? (As WI certifies its results tomorrow, if i'm correct)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Neat. The only one left from today is PA, right? (As WI certifies its results tomorrow, if i'm correct)
    PA in theory has to certify their numbers today so if that goes as expected this thing is done because WI/az/nevada won't matter in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Never mind it's now a top article on foxnews.com 2nd top article.
    FOX News: eventually, we're honest.

PA in theory has to certify their numbers today so if that goes as expected this thing is done because WI/az/nevada won't matter in the slightest.
    I think they certainly matter. especially because PA and GA, we can't count on every electorate to vote correctly. MI/AZ/NV/WI aren't in doubt with electoral college faithless electors fuckery.

I think they certainly matter. especially because PA and GA, we can't count on every electorate to vote correctly. MI/AZ/NV/WI aren't in doubt with electoral college faithless electors fuckery.
    even without them when PA certifies biden has like 9 more ev than needed so everything after is frosting on the cake. Hillary was uniquely unliked and she only had 7 defectors. Remember the elector slate is picked by the party who wons the nomination in that state so it is dem selected electors.

even without them when PA certifies biden has like 9 more ev than needed so everything after is frosting on the cake. Hillary was uniquely unliked and she only had 7 defectors. Remember the elector slate is picked by the party who wons the nomination in that state so it is dem selected electors.
    You're completely correct, I just want as much cushion as possible.

You're completely correct, I just want as much cushion as possible.
    same but once PA certifies it is pretty much a done deal and there basically is no reason for any of the remaining states to try shennigans as it won't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    The faithless electors voting against Hillary also knew their vote wasn’t going to matter, as it was clear she had lost the election. And they didn’t switch their votes to Trump; they voted for third party candidates.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

same but once PA certifies it is pretty much a done deal and there basically is no reason for any of the remaining states to try shennigans as it won't help.
    And, thankfully, I believe PA doesn't have a state council certification it's just the SOS who certifies, and done.

The GSA administrator finally just ascertained the election for Biden and the transition process is officially beginning.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020