Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Exactly. The GOP cannot relinquish control of the Senate, it's their only stopgap from Yuge changes in social policy. The laundry list would be brought in and Harris would spend half her time as VP back in the Senate breaking ties.

And the GA GOP just had a dry run on a major state election, so they can see where any flaws are and exploit them. Stacy [God Damn American Hero] Abrams will be on the flip side with an army of lawyers from the DNC trying to keep that from happening. But in voting, it's always better to be on offense than defense.
    Let's look at PA. The PA GoP stuck their middle finger up to trump and up ticket to look out for themselves by allowing mail in voting, and it worked for them. the GA GoP who has been shit all over and basically abandoned by DC GoP for the last month, not sure they're so interested in helping up ticket either. Maybe I'm wrong, hope I'm not. I don't think there is any down ticket that they actually care about this special election. In fact locally many GoP don't want leoffler to win, so that they can get collins in the seat in 2022.

Just don't find the argument the GoP fucks with this special particularly compelling.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-12-10 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wasnt it Georgia where they redid a bunch of crap that causes thousands of black voters to be unable to vote back in 2018 elections? Do we know if that ever got straightened out or is that going to be a factor here again?
    That's part of what people like Stacey Abrams has been working to correct the past couple of years. Even given all of their work there were still something like 200k people disenfranchised. I imagine they spent the period between the election and now working to get as many of those people registered as possible.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So what’s going on with all these people joining Lance Gooden, in urging General Barr to put together a Special Counsel to investigate the “irregularities” in the election?
    That's interesting. I understood that Barr was looking to step down before Trump's term is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what’s going on with all these people joining Lance Gooden, in urging General Barr to put together a Special Counsel to investigate the “irregularities” in the election?
    It's easy to yell DO SOMETHING! so it looks like you're involved, but don't want to spend your own time, money and/or effort. As others have said, this is "notice me sempai!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant, with 40 days until the inauguration, the EV voting Monday, it at best will end up like trumps commission on voter fraud that found nothing.

Regardless of Barr steps down or not, he’s gone as soon as Biden can fire him.

https://www.kwtx.com/2020/12/09/texa...ssion-from-us/

And a Texas Republican is threatening to introduce legislation to secede from the union. Not gonna go anywhere, but telling about the mindset of the Republican party right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

And a Texas Republican is threatening to introduce legislation to secede from the union. Not gonna go anywhere, but telling about the mindset of the Republican party right now.
    I hope they do (even as a Texas resident) because this time they're dragged back into the Union, we can do things right and make sure Southern states aren't ever allowed to vote again.

Do non-southern Republicans really want to see 38 electoral votes gone in Texas alone?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...b-XqgGBFa7lmK4

Almost 30 staffers and members of Michigan's House of Representatives have contracted the coronavirus this year, the speaker's office said Wednesday — a week after Rudy Giuliani testified maskless in the chamber and three days after it was announced that he had tested positive for Covid-19.

About eight representatives and 21 staffers have reported testing positive so far, said Gideon D'Assandro, communications director and press secretary for Michigan's House speaker. D'Assandro would not detail the timing of the infections, and it was unclear if any of the positive cases came after Giuliani's visit.
    I think Rudy is in for a new title -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    fear mongering and playing on the public's general ignorance has been the norm for most of my life now at least, idk when it started.
    Actively suing to overturn states elections is not.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm trying to walk that delicate line of wanting these idiots to be punished for their outrageous enabling behavior, and feeling just a little sympathetic that [at least this woman] is now so trapped in her web of lies and willful ignorance that she can't get out, even if she wants to.

Because we want them to get out if they want to get out - that's the end goal.
    Sure she can, she just knows what would happen if she did. As many people leaving cults will tell you, violence, loss of job, and alienation from your social groups are perfectly regular outcomes.

She doesn't want to get out. She wants to not have to suffer the consequences for her prior actions and retain all the benefits. If she wanted to get out, she'd be willing to risk the consequences.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I hope they do (even as a Texas resident) because this time they're dragged back into the Union, we can do things right and make sure Southern states aren't ever allowed to vote again.

Do non-southern Republicans really want to see 38 electoral votes gone in Texas alone?
    38 electorates, 2 senators, all representation in the house, no more Louis Ghomert would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    because this time they're dragged back into the Union
    I've long been of the opinion that The Reconstruction was the biggest mistake the US made in the Civil War. It should have been The Occupation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    38 electorates, 2 senators, all representation in the house, no more Louis Ghomert would be nice.
    Sherman wouldn't even have to march all the way to the sea, I'd be glad to meet him in the middle this time around.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account

ooh pleaaaaase just do it. the meltdown will be more entertaining than the current charade

If Democrats lose the House in 2022 they're going to blame "defund the police"

Pay me $100 when this happens for my awesome future predicting, but honestly we all know it's coming lol

I've long been of the opinion that The Reconstruction was the biggest mistake the US made in the Civil War. It should have been The Occupation.
    Also the confederate states should have been demoted back to territories and forced to go through the process of readmittance. If you can't behave as citizens then you don't get to be citizens for a while therefor your vote does not screw up the rest of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    ooh pleaaaaase just do it. the meltdown will be more entertaining than the current charade
    Never gonna happen, but it would be fucking hilarious to see Mexico snatch it back after Texas going solo. I'd pay money to see that.

#Texit

.JUST IN: New amicus brief from 106 Republican House members in support of Texas' bid to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's win in the Supreme Court. Here they are������ https://t.co/QLN4jDfoto
    https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/statu...373733889?s=19

So 106 elected officials just committed to a coup.

For people who again poo-poo this. It's not the fails its the attempts. For those who can remember 2016 and Putin and his attention to discredit our Democracy and Constitution. This Is It!!
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-12-10 at 09:48 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

And now over 100 House GOP have said they support overturning the election. I hope someone's keeping a list of all of their names, because it's going to come in handy later.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And now over 100 House GOP have said they support overturning the election. I hope someone's keeping a list of all of their names, because it's going to come in handy later.
    "Remember that time you supported an authoritarian attempt to ignore a democratic election and steal the election? You may have forgotten, but we didn't.."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Remember that time you supported an authoritarian attempt to ignore a democratic election and steal the election? You may have forgotten, but we didn't.."
    Let's call this what it is.

Sedition.

Which is a crime.

They should all be facing prison.