The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    Warnock/Loeffler is pretty much called at this point. Warnock is going to win. A few places have called it for him already

Osoff/Perdue is a little tighter, but the remaining votes are expected to heavily favor Osoff

NYT gives Warnock a 95% chance of winning, Osoff 79%

Its looking like the Dems might actually do it.
    Still not too late for an upset as more votes get tallied, but it's looking pretty solid so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Still not too late for an upset as more votes get tallied, but it's looking pretty solid so far.
    85% of the vote is in, and the results have been very consistently favoring the Democrats over the predictions, and the predictions for the remaining votes are overwhelmingly Democrat.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Trump just put out a statement saying reports Pence told him he couldn't act are fake need and that he had Pence are in agreement Pence can just change the results.
    Our Vice President has several options under the U.S. Constitution. He can decertify the results or send them back to the states for change and certification. He can also decertify the illegal and corrupt results and send them to the House of Representatives for the one vote for one state tabulation.
    Trump appears to be the only person who believes this. But I suppose only one person needs to believe it: Pence.

We'll find out tomorrow. Until then, I guess the question is: if Pence could just do this, why all the legal challenges? Considering there's no difference between what Trump did (fail sixty times) and not challenging at all, why didn't he just sit on his fat ass until tomorrow, then have Pence just decertify?

Pence will almost certainly allow the Party of Trump members to attack democracy under his watch, objecting to legal, recounted, certified results over and over. He's even said in a statement this is completely okay. Even if Pence doesn't lead the charge personally, he's more than proven he's part of the problem.

There is still no evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

The Republicans and the Party of Trump are now fighting in public.

1) Georgia voting systems manager Gabriel Sterling said Tuesday that Trump will be responsible if Republicans Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue lose their Senate runoff races.

2) Eric Trump warned Tuesday that he will boost primary challengers for every Republican lawmaker who does not object to the Electoral College results Wednesday.

Let them eat each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We'll find out tomorrow. Until then, I guess the question is: if Pence could just do this, why all the legal challenges?
    $200m.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

would be fantastic to win the senate for democrats, but in a weird way trump saying the election is fraud then having republicans win something....would be such irony to throw back in his face.

oh i am so conflicted but i will take controll of the senate please
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

If the Democrats win both these, what are the odds that the Republicans try and refuse to seat them for as long as possible? And how long could they actually pull that off?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If the Democrats win both these, what are the odds that the Republicans try and refuse to seat them for as long as possible?
    If they don't have the majority, they can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I mean, technically they do hold a 50-48 majority until the last 2 seats are filled...
    It will be a struggle to claim that's the case. This is the same election, the Georgia election was just never finished. McConnell would have to push this to the Supreme Court while there is a completely legal, honest result of an election done in public. Oh, and he'd need all 50 GOP members to agree with him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It will be a struggle to claim that's the case. This is the same election, the Georgia election was just never finished. McConnell would have to push this to the Supreme Court while there is a completely legal, honest result of an election done in public. Oh, and he'd need all 50 GOP members to agree with him.
    Agreed. And McConnell isn't stupid, pushing those Conspiracy Theories will get him nowhere. Moreover, Moscow Mitch loves being the spoiler minority, so long as he holds the reigns of power in the GOP.

(btw...any chance for a drumstick?)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. And McConnell isn't stupid, pushing those Conspiracy Theories will get him nowhere. Moreover, Moscow Mitch loves being the spoiler minority, so long as he holds the reigns of power in the GOP.

Any chance of him getting taken care of by the DoJ? I have read he is already in hot water for illegally coordinating with his wife. Then you got the 50 million from Russia to the GOP with 1 million to his personal PAC through the NRA along with the Russians pouring money into his state after the sanctions were lifted.

While McConnell is smart, is there any chances that those could come back to haunt him?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loads. I asked for 6 thighs and 6 drumsticks. I got 4 thighs, a breast, and 9 drumsticks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Any chance of him getting taken care of by the DoJ? I have read he is already in hot water for illegally coordinating with his wife. Then you got the 50 million from Russia to the GOP with 1 million to his personal PAC through the NRA along with the Russians pouring money into his state after the sanctions were lifted.

While McConnell is smart, is there any chances that those could come back to haunt him?
    Possibly. If the DoJ pushes the NRA link to Russia, and publicly and loudly follows THAT lead, and then it *somehow* leads to "we didn't know we'd find this" links to McConnell and his PAC/Campaign Funds. That's the route I would take. Come at anyone that should be investigated (and there are SO many) from third parties, so it doesn't appear that the Democrats are persecuting the GOP en masse (even though they should).

But even with that, and assuming the links and evidence are solid, it would take a LOT to remove McConnell from office.

- - - Updated - - -

Loads. I asked for 6 thighs and 6 drumsticks. I got 4 thighs, a breast, and 9 drumsticks.
    Excellent. I'll bring the backup Starbucks drinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was from Popeyes... you won that deal... breasts are almost 2 bucks extra, when substituting... thighs and drumsticks are interchangeable. I don’t know the entire Popeyes menu by heart.... that would be ridiculous... as ridiculous as their delicious chicken... salivating homer meme...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Possibly. If the DoJ pushes the NRA link to Russia, and publicly and loudly follows THAT lead, and then it *somehow* leads to "we didn't know we'd find this" links to McConnell and his PAC/Campaign Funds. That's the route I would take. Come at anyone that should be investigated (and there are SO many) from third parties, so it doesn't appear that the Democrats are persecuting the GOP en masse (even though they should).

But even with that, and assuming the links and evidence are solid, it would take a LOT to remove McConnell from office.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent. I'll bring the backup Starbucks drinks.
    Something that a skimmed across on Twitter in a related vein.

Don't you think we still need to know what caused that terse exchange between trump and Justice Kennedy?
    And who paid off Kavanaugh's debts?
    Lot's of work for our next AG for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If this was from Popeyes
    No, I'd have ordered Popeye's if it was a LA election. This was GA so I went classic.

On topic: I awake to the news of Warnock being declared the winner by people who aren't Warnock. NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN called the race for Warnock shortly before 2 a.m. EST on Wednesday. The Associated Press called it at 2 a.m. EST. Fox News followed suit shortly before 2:30 a.m. Starbucks, you let me down, I should have still been up.

The other Democrat is ahead by a Biden-like margin, but the only person calling that race is himself.

- - - Updated - - -

The cracks widen.

I have been asked regarding challenging the Electoral College count. I post this so that people can know what and why I decided.

I voted for President Trump and supported his agenda. I have defended President Trump from attacks from the media and from fellow Senators.

I supported President Trump’s right to challenge the election results in court. The dozens and dozens of legal challenges from President Trump's legal team have all been rejected, many by judges appointed by President Trump. Every one of them. This is an analysis by a conservative:

https://thedispatch.com/p/analyzing-...gal-challenges

Let's be clear, there were problems in the election. The Senate Committee on Homeland Security has already held a hearing. The committee found that there were isolated incidents of fraud. The Republican chairman of the committee said, however, that although isolated incidences of fraud occurred, they would not have changed the results of the election.

https://www.jsonline.com/.../electoral.../3908874001/

Still, there should be a committee or commission investigating and addressing the problems that did occur.

However disappointed I am with the result, the result is what it is. Conservatives must focus on defending President Trump’s Make America Great Again policies.

I have been asked to challenge the Electoral College count January 6th. This is a bad idea. Given that Democrats control the House of Representatives, it will not change who is President. One of President Trump's biggest supporters, Lindsey Graham, calls the challenge a "political dodge." It may, however, damage our democracy.

Imagine a future Republican is narrowly elected President and the Left refuses to accept the result. The Left loses court case after court case but lights up social media so a Democratic Senator can justify not seating the Republican because of allegations of voter fraud. If Democrats control the Senate and the House of Representatives, they can oppose the Electoral College count and throw the election to the (Democratic) House of Representatives to determine who is the next President. It won’t be the Republican. All because in 2021, Electoral College count protests were normalized. Some things are more important than one person.

Many in Louisiana are concerned about the future. I too am concerned, but I have faith that if true conservatives support and defend our Constitution and enforce its rules, we will Keep America Great.
    Let's be clear: this guy is still an asshole, but even he is drawing a line.

"Who is he?"

At this point, does it matter? What's left of the Republican Party will be distancing themselves from Trump -- as nearly all of us predicted they would -- not just because Trump is a loser, but because his dictatorial power grab is something they've finally decided is too much. It clearly wasn't blackmailing a country for dirt on a political opponent or threatening to LOCK HER UP. It wasn't ruining the economy. It wasn't 375,000 or whatever dead Americans. All of those might be straws, but "just ignore the will of the people and declare yourself king" was the final one.

Congratulations Republican Party for being so specific. You'll have a really accurate tombstone now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Don't make me agree with Donnie Dum-Dum Jr. in public.

So, when exactly does Mike Pence make (more of) an ass out of himself to certify the President electors?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    So, when exactly does Mike Pence make (more of) an ass out of himself to certify the President electors?
    1pm EST. (From what I saw last night)

C-Span will be broadcasting it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, if my internal conversion is right, that's about 90 minutes from now. Hopefully it won't take forever.
    Yep you would be correct.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    any chance Pence calls in sick *cough* to avoid the duty and thus the fallout ?

the procedures may start in 90 min plusminus, but with at least 3 objections (a guess by CNN, flip a coin ) the joint session will take >6h longer with objection, division called, everybody moves to respective chambers, debate and a vote per chamber; now rinse and repeat multiple times

the states will be called per alphabet. Biden will catch 270 votes in between of course, but patience is a virtue this afternoon.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2021-01-06 at 04:40 PM.