10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a registered Democrat, but I have this advice Joe Biden must follow .... just kidding.

Despite all the attacks from the Red/Brown alliance online. Joes numbers keep trending up.
    • SleepyJoe
    • Sundowning
    • MissingJoe
    • Intercept

The RNC unloads on Biden and he still wins in their poll. No wonder Trump is melting down.

Republicans Polled 20 Different Attacks for Trump to Use Against Biden — None of Them Worked

The Biden campaign ignoring the cadre of very serious online people, seems to be working.
    Government Affiliated Snark

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I'm not a registered Democrat, but I have this advice Joe Biden must follow .... just kidding.

Despite all the attacks from the Red/Brown alliance online. Joes numbers keep trending up.
    • SleepyJoe
    • Sundowning
    • MissingJoe
    • Intercept

The RNC unloads on Biden and he still wins in their poll. No wonder Trump is melting down.

Republicans Polled 20 Different Attacks for Trump to Use Against Biden — None of Them Worked

The Biden campaign ignoring the cadre of very serious online people, seems to be working.
    I mean, holy shit. They are literally test-driving stupid insults for their Dear Leader, because that's all they have left to attack Biden with, and the general election hasn't even begun.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-05-18 at 06:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I mean, holy shit. They are literally test-driving stupid insults for their Dear Leader, because that's all they have left to attack Biden with, and the general election hasn't even begun.
    They are coming in hot with Super Duper insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe a big part between previous election and this election is that now it has gotten far more personal. Before Trump actions and words only were seen to have a negative impact by those they consider political opposites or simply adversaries and while his policies have hurt his base the most a lot of that could be directed and people could be mislead but now during a crisis yet another crisis he really can't count on those he counted on before.

It all has to be seen though how democratic the election will be considering the attempts to go even further than before by republicans to damage the process in their favour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

You have just been making shit for these past few years and it never stops being funny.

Just a quick reminder that you're still using far left. anarchist, symbolism in your avatar, incase the irony escaped you.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    -snip-.
    Do you recall who the other party was in Citizens United, which ensconced corporate personhood and rights? Who fought that idea to the SCOTUS, where the case was lost because of partisan (right wing) judges writing, frankly, the most uneven, nonsensical opinion I've read in my 11 years as a lawyer?

Hint: her initials are HRC and is often criticized as a globalist and corporatist Democrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Do you recall who the other party was in Citizens United, which ensconced corporate personhood and rights? Who fought that idea to the SCOTUS, where the case was lost because of partisan (right wing) judges writing, frankly, the most uneven, nonsensical opinion I've read in my 11 years as a lawyer?

Hint: her initials are HRC and is often criticized as a globalist and corporatist Democrat.
    That’s the thing they don’t mention... Citizens United was about limitless funding to campaign against Hillary. The center of citizens united was a corporation being fined for a documentary against Hillary.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    They are coming in hot with Super Duper insults.
    I mean, right? I guess they are just going to flood their personal coffers with GOP campaign cash and then flee the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the thing they don’t mention... Citizens United was about limitless funding to campaign against Hillary. The center of citizens united was a corporation being fined for a documentary against Hillary.
    It only takes an IQ larger than Trump's to deduce Hillary, and Biden would nominate people who would overturn Citizens United, but we have such people in here claiming we don't know who they'd nominate, we don't know how Hillary would have handled the covid19 pandemic any better. Can't fix stupid.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It only takes an IQ larger than Trump's to deduce Hillary, and Biden would nominate people who would overturn Citizens United, but we have such people in here claiming we don't know who they'd nominate, we don't know how Hillary would have handled the covid19 pandemic any better. Can't fix stupid.
    Yep - and now the court is essentially locked in conservative for the next few years, at least. If we lose RBG this year, we're basically fucked - with a 6-3 conservative lean.

The amount of stupid that comes from Trumpkins and Trumpsters still boggles the mind - even to this very day, where Team Deplorable is now trying to blame scientists for the problems of the COVID-19 plague.

Can't fix stupid, indeed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yep - and now the court is essentially locked in conservative for the next few years, at least. If we lose RBG this year, we're basically fucked - with a 6-3 conservative lean.

The amount of stupid that comes from Trumpkins and Trumpsters still boggles the mind - even to this very day, where Team Deplorable is now trying to blame scientists for the problems of the COVID-19 plague.

Can't fix stupid, indeed.
    It’s a risk typing this but a lot of America’s issues comes from the belief that someone powerful out “there” will always fix life for them and it’s all part of the “grand plan”.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    It’s a risk typing this but a lot of America’s issues comes from the belief that someone powerful out “there” will always fix life for them and it’s all part of the “grand plan”.
    That's interesting. I think we could have a long conversation on that topic. But I would have to disagree overall. I think a lot of American's think they are going to be millionaires some day, so they put up with all the rich-own-it-all-and-get-the-tax-breaks because they think it will be them someday. And it won't. Ever.

That's so much more important than hundreds of thousands of people dying....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Finedast View Post
    They are going to get killed by US drone strikes anyway, Biden or Trump.
    People can whine about judges all they want, that does not mean you have to actually defend war thirsty rapists... but yet here we are. Fascist, conservatives, liberals.. all have no morals. They don't give a fuck how many people the people they support kill, they will never criticize them for it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finedast View Post
    Because I said the court make up was more important, right? Oh wait....

Do you lie with every first post of your burner accounts? Sort of mark them for immediate review? That's sure helpful. Imagine if you just kept one account, tried not lying, and instead posted constructively. What a world...
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-05-18 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There's a whole set of cases concerning those issues, involving people we'd all recognize. I despise the Clintons, any neoliberals frankly, nothing but opportunists - like all politicians. I'm a little unclear, are you saying she isn't a corporatist POS? Because I'd say she REALLY is and always has been.

My overall comment is simply that the average working class person has zero political representation. Some of you want to argue that being fed crumbs is somehow worth casting a vote. To me, it isn't.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2020-05-19 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    There's a whole set of cases concerning those issues, involving people we'd all recognize. I despise the Clintons, any neoliberals frankly, nothing but opportunists - like all politicians. I'm a little unclear, are you saying she isn't a corporatist POS? Because I'd she REALLY is and always has been.

My overall comment is simply that the average working class person has zero political representation. Some of you want to argue that being fed crumbs is somehow worth casting a vote. To me, it isn't.
    Which, is what Citizens United was kinda mostly about. And also, why Democrats first bill passed when they took back the House was campaign finance reform, HR-1. They're still taking the corporate donations which still makes them in part beholden to corporate donors, but those are the rules of the current game and they've gotta continue playing by them for now if they want to change them.

Ask any lawmaker and they'll tell you that to a person, every one of them seems to hate "call time" with donors that is required of them as part of their jobs.

Had Citizens United gone the other way, we'd have MUCH less questionable dark money flooding election season, and I think most folks would be on board with that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The GOP's national election strategy is finally becoming clear. Their assault on democracy and how they are going to keep Trump in office (hint, it's bad):

(reposted from the New York Times - highlights/emphasis are mine)

Six months before a presidential election in which turnout could matter more than persuasion, the Republican Party, the Trump campaign and conservative activists are mounting an aggressive national effort to shape who gets to vote in November — and whose ballots are counted.

Its premise is that a Republican victory in November is imperiled by widespread voter fraud, a baseless charge embraced by President Donald Trump, but repeatedly debunked by research. Democrats and voting rights advocates say the driving factor is politics, not fraud — especially since Trump’s narrow win in 2016 underscored the potentially crucial value of depressing turnout by Democrats, particularly minorities.

The Republican program, which has gained steam in recent weeks, envisions recruiting up to 50,000 volunteers in 15 key states to monitor polling places and challenge ballots and voters deemed suspicious. That is part of a $20 million plan that also allots millions to challenge lawsuits by Democrats and voting-rights advocates seeking to loosen state restrictions on balloting. The party and its allies also intend to use advertising, the internet and Trump’s command of the airwaves to cast Democrats as agents of election theft.
    So now we know the GOP's strategy for "assuring Trump's victory".

“Now the RNC can work more closely with state parties and campaigns to do what we do best — ensure that more people vote through our unmatched field program,” the statement said.
    Except...
    The GOP has made it clear that if more people vote, the GOP will suffer - and that's been clear for awhile now, with their Voter ID and Voter Fraud Commissions (which didn't find any evidence of voter fraud).

We shall have to wait and see how it actually develops and presents itself on election day. However...
    Republicans will have an Election Day operations program “that probably no other presidential campaign has had before,” Josh Helton, a Republican consultant, said at a meeting of the Conservative Political Action Committee in March. “It’s going to be all hands on deck.”
    But it won't be good. Expect people open carrying, with signs - overwhelmed local law enforcement unable to stymie the clear intimidation.

Worse of all, the United States has no clear method for "redoing" or "overturning" a national election. Moreover, it will be states and their judicial systems hacking out last minute decisions on what votes count and which do not. Finally, any appeal to SCOTUS will unlikely see a ruling overturned, as they are highly reluctant to interfere in state voting politics.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-05-19 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    They are going to get killed by US drone strikes anyway, Biden or Trump.
    People can whine about judges all they want, that does not mean you have to actually defend war thirsty rapists... but yet here we are. Fascist, conservatives, liberals.. all have no morals. They don't give a fuck how many people the people they support kill, they will never criticize them for it.
    Horrifying to think whoever wins this election there will be a dribbling angry senile retard with access to nukes. Thanks America.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...01&nlid=964328

Because the economy will be doing so well in the fall, Biden's campaign released a statement about ending the keystone pipeline:

“Biden strongly opposed the Keystone pipeline in the last administration, stood alongside President Obama and Secretary Kerry to reject it in 2015, and will proudly stand in the Roosevelt Room again as President and stop it for good by rescinding the Keystone XL pipeline permit,” Biden campaign policy director Stef Feldman said in a written statement to POLITICO.
    When asked for a comment, Joe Biden could not be found.