Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats...090004608.html

This is why I can not understand why they vote democrat.

Sounds like the MMOC board. But Joe Biden and his lengthy history of stopping systemic racism in the last 40 years is going to win the day...he's on the case now, not then, but now!
    Maybe because law enforcement are mostly Republican... but that doesn't mesh with your narrative, so you'll ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Maybe because law enforcement are mostly Republican... but that doesn't mesh with your narrative, so you'll ignore it.
    Speaking of clashing narratives... I think these protests are going to change Trump rallies. They should be starting back up soon, but I think they may be a lot more push back. I’m expecting every Trump rally to have a major protest attached to it... far more than they already had.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Speaking of clashing narratives... I think these protests are going to change Trump rallies. They should be starting back up soon, but I think they may be a lot more push back. I’m expecting every Trump rally to have a major protest attached to it... far more than they already had.
    I think their time would be better spent reaching out, and making sure everyone gets out and votes.

Of course, if they really wanted to be dickwads, they can dress up as Klan members, and hold signs supporting Trump.

We are really going to see the effects of these rallies in the next few weeks. Either way it can easily be turned against the left. They have a decent lead nationally right now but, one of 2 things is about to help Trumps campaign as this starts to die down.
    1. Covid cases spike. If there is some huge spike people will turn on this cause if we have to shut down again. If we have to start pulling back on restrictions wait for the rage that comes out of people for governors, mostly in blue states, that have acted one way and they allowed this to happen.

2. We have no spike and Trump lays into these same governors for dragging their feet with the reopening. This is the worst case scenario for these blue states that are taking to long to open.

Either way these protests are a win/win for the right. This all happened to far away from the election. This issue wont be a major one come election time. This should be extremely scary for the left and once again they did it to themselves in an election year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think their time would be better spent reaching out, and making sure everyone gets out and votes.

Of course, if they really wanted to be dickwads, they can dress up as Klan members, and hold signs supporting Trump.
    That’s the thing... there is way too much mainstream support right now, for them to be dominated by dickheads. I think there were at least small protests everywhere he went, which should gain a lot of traction now.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

That’s the thing... there is way too much mainstream support right now, for them to be dominated by dickheads. I think there were at least small protests everywhere he went, which should gain a lot of traction now.
    You act like the vast majority of Trump supporters agree with the KKK. If people like that showed up at least around where i am from at a Trump rally they would be attacked by Trump supporters. I still dont see the point in protesting the other sides candidate. The people going are already 100% voting for the candidate and all it does is infuriate those people to work harder against you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    We are really going to see the effects of these rallies in the next few weeks. Either way it can easily be turned against the left. They have a decent lead nationally right now but, one of 2 things is about to help Trumps campaign as this starts to die down.
    The fact that Trump tear gassed peaceful protestors, extended fencing perimeter around the White House and called for military, isn’t going away in weeks. It just exists...

Covid cases spike. If there is some huge spike people will turn on this cause if we have to shut down again. If we have to start pulling back on restrictions wait for the rage that comes out of people for governors, mostly in blue states, that have acted one way and they allowed this to happen.
    Allowed Trump to inflame protestors? Governors have done a pretty solid job, which is why the protests are descending on the White House. It’s why Australian ambassador is asking for an investigation, because the attacked protesters, turned out to be foreign journalists. While Trump is still demanding all states open. Outside of Fox News, Trump’s “liberate” tweets are going to be repeated.

We have no spike and Trump lays into these same governors for dragging their feet with the reopening. This is the worst case scenario for these blue states that are taking to long to open.
    While everyone else praises their success for preventing the spike? Are you sure it won’t involve Trump spending millions on a drug that increased mortality rates? Reminders about disinfectant and lights up your... uhm... system?

Either way these protests are a win/win for the right. This all happened to far away from the election. This issue wont be a major one come election time. This should be extremely scary for the left and once again they did it to themselves in an election year.
    You think cops beating the shit out of protestors is a win/win for the right?

- - - Updated - - -

You act like the vast majority of Trump supporters agree with the KKK.
    Really? You read that from what you quoted? Damn... I wonder what you’ll say after my reply to this...

If people like that showed up at least around where i am from at a Trump rally they would be attacked by Trump supporters. I still dont see the point in protesting the other sides candidate. The people going are already 100% voting for the candidate and all it does is infuriate those people to work harder against you
    Oh yeah... When unite the right was chanting nazi slogans, Trump supporters were attacking them... wait... no, they were chanting with them. Didn’t Trump claim AntiFa are terrorists, but nazis have good people on their side? Do you remember when Trump forgot who David Duke was, when refusing to turn down his support?

Yeah... Trump supporters have done a wonderful job rooting out nazis and kkk... if by wonderful, I’d mean, nothing...

Yeah... Trump supporters have done a wonderful job rooting out nazis and kkk... if by wonderful, I’d mean, nothing...
    Worse than nothing.

They've emboldened them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Worse than nothing.

They've emboldened them.
    I’m trying to be as civil and understanding as possible... if he interpreted me saying a small percentage of protestors acting like dickheads, will be drowned out by incoming volume of protestors... as saying “majority of Trump supporters agree with KKK”... When providing examples, I have to walk on egg shells for something I say to not be misinterpreted as me calling him Hitler.

The fact that Trump tear gassed peaceful protestors, extended fencing perimeter around the White House and called for military, isn’t going away in weeks. It just exists...

Allowed Trump to inflame protestors? Governors have done a pretty solid job, which is why the protests are descending on the White House. It’s why Australian ambassador is asking for an investigation, because the attacked protesters, turned out to be foreign journalists. While Trump is still demanding all states open. Outside of Fox News, Trump’s “liberate” tweets are going to be repeated.

While everyone else praises their success for preventing the spike? Are you sure it won’t involve Trump spending millions on a drug that increased mortality rates? Reminders about disinfectant and lights up your... uhm... system?

You think cops beating the shit out of protestors is a win/win for the right?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? You read that from what you quoted? Damn... I wonder what you’ll say after my reply to this...

Oh yeah... When unite the right was chanting nazi slogans, Trump supporters were attacking them... wait... no, they were chanting with them. Didn’t Trump claim AntiFa are terrorists, but nazis have good people on their side? Do you remember when Trump forgot who David Duke was, when refusing to turn down his support?

I will try to respond as best I can as yes a Trump supporter. I condemn that side but i do understand that they are there. Just like the far left both sides have people on the outskirts that i think are terrible for this country.

Second the problem is perception come election time. You have to understand it will be what have you done for me lately come then. The left needs to push for an expedited trial. The charges these officers are facing by legal definition wont stick. By the law literally Chauvin did not commit second degree murder. This is the dumbest trumped up charge i have ever seen and will only lead to more violence when it is plead down to 2nd degree manslaughter that is only going to make things worse.

1. Covid cases spike. If there is some huge spike people will turn on this cause if we have to shut down again. If we have to start pulling back on restrictions wait for the rage that comes out of people for governors, mostly in blue states, that have acted one way and they allowed this to happen.
    What if Covid cases spike because of Trump's rallies? We know a great many Trump supporters don't believe in wearing masks or social distancing and they're going to be packed all together at these rallies for an extended amount of time.

2. We have no spike and Trump lays into these same governors for dragging their feet with the reopening. This is the worst case scenario for these blue states that are taking to long to open.

You have basically said in more words than necessary that "This all happened too far from the election and it's a win/win for the right."

You could've distilled this post down to a single sentence.

Also, you're wrong.

Also, if you think nothing else is going to happen in the next 5 months, the first 6 months of 2020 would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    You have basically said in more words than necessary that "This all happened too far from the election and it's a win/win for the right."

Also, you're wrong.

Also, if you think nothing else is going to happen in the next 5 months, the first 6 months of 2020 would like to have a word with you.
    Do you remember the last election. Things shifted when the investigation got reopened and we had the email dumps. This protest will have almost no effect on the election. Honestly its infuriating more people that we allow these mass protests but we cant have graduations, 4th of July parades, sporting events, and community gatherings bit this is allowed? If we have labor day events canceled then people will turn on their states after this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    What if Covid cases spike because of Trump's rallies? We know a great many Trump supporters don't believe in wearing masks or social distancing and they're going to be packed all together at these rallies for an extended amount of time.
    Conspiracy: why do you think America is so incapable of creating any sort of contact-tracing? It's not incompetence, it's on purpose to ensure when the cases do spike (since there's a 2-3 week incubation period) they can be blamed on things other than "the great big gathering of morons who don't care about the health of themselves or others". Soon as the election is over, contact tracing will be a yuge deal! But really for the purposes of tracking down dissidents, not healthcare.

/okayscott*

*scott was a coworker of mine a few years back who was big into government conspiracy stuff. Now any time someone in the office starts talking conspiracy when they finish we say "Okay Scott."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post

Also, you're wrong.

there is this helpful visual aid

and as for
    The charges these officers are facing by legal definition wont stick. By the law literally Chauvin did not commit second degree murder. This is the dumbest trumped up charge i have ever seen and will only lead to more violence when it is plead down to 2nd degree manslaughter that is only going to make things worse.
    While Ill trust someone that actually has a law degree over you, google searches don't support you either (bolding mine)
    https://legal-dictionary.thefreedict...+degree+murder
    second degree murder
    n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery.
    So you're either saying that what that officer did wasn't an assault, or death wasn't a distinct possibility

or you're just not willing say your fine with what happened, cause you want people here to view you as having some semblance of decency
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    you want people here to view you as having some semblance of decency
    There's no danger of that happening.
    /s

We already know Barr and Republicans are planning for an "October Suprise" with the whole Ukraine/Burisma/Hunter Biden "investigation".

We'll have to wait and see what sort of "evidence" and "reporting" that'll generate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    We already know Barr and Republicans are planning for an "October Suprise" with the whole Ukraine/Burisma/Hunter Biden "investigation".

We'll have to wait and see what sort of "evidence" and "reporting" that'll generate.
    well, they'll have to explain why Ukraine said there was nothing wrong
    Ukraine Found No Evidence Against Hunter Biden in Case Audit: Former Top Prosecutor
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account

Trump and his derp state trusted a world denounced persecutor, that funneled money to the same oligarchs that Trump dined with, for his beauty pageant in Moscow.

It doesn't matter. The only thing Trump had going for him with the Hillary investigation hit the airwaves right before the election is that he was still an unknown quantity and how he would be as a President. There were plenty of people willing to give him a shot because he wasn't what they viewed as a career politician with skeletons in her closet.

That experiment has failed miserably and if current reports are to be believed, the GOP is actually seeking a way that they can retain control of the Senate even if that includes dumping Trump. There are 4 scenarios facing us for November 2020:

1-If Trump stays elected and Dems control House, it's another 4 years of playing chicken until we make a piece of legislation here or there to benefit the rich donors. And then the GOP needs to rebuild in a post-Trump era with a new nominee and nothing to show after 8 years in power.

2-If Trump gets re-elected and Dems gain control of the Senate and still hold the House, this is a terrible scenario for the GOP as it gives the Dems the chance to subpeona everything and run impeachment investigations and SERIOUSLY tarnish the image of the GOP which they will need to repair in a post-Trump world

3-If Biden gets elected and Dems gain control of the Senate, this is their worst case scenario as Dems can work to pass legislation that all Americans support as well as repair our country and it will look BAD for the GOP because they can point to the failed Trump experiment and the GOP's inability to legislate as the failures of America.

4-If Biden gets elected and GOP retains control of the Senate, they can block everything that Biden does while holding judge seats hostage and then in 2024, they can say, see, the Dems are terrible for America.

If the GOP had to rank these choices: 4, 1, 2, 3 seems to be leaderships favored choices at this point in time.

Why is 4 number 1 on their list? Because even if Trump gets elected another 4 years and even if they somehow got rid of the cap and allowed Trump to run for another 4 years. Trump is old and won't be around forever. His mental decline is obvious. By the time his term ends in 2024, he's going to be 78-1/2 years old which is what the current average life expectancy sits at in the US and if he is elected 4 more years, he will finish his presidency as the oldest president ever by the end of it.

Option 4 allows them to tarnish the Dems and gets them a good shot of getting back into power in 2024. The GOP has been playing the long game for a while now.

Obviously, the best rankings for America as a country are 3, 2, 1, 4.