10+ Year Old Account
    Smells like enthusiasm.
    120,000 people have already paid to attend today’s Biden-Obama virtual fund-raiser, raising $4 million+ for the campaign.

How Joe Biden Is Catching Up to the Trump Money ‘Juggernaut’
    In May, Mr. Biden passed President Trump in fund-raising for the first time. A surge in donations has helped cut into the president’s financial advantage.

It's a big tent party. I imagine the Zoom chat is big enough for K-Pop stans as well.
    Government Affiliated Snark

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Smells like enthusiasm.
    120,000 people have already paid to attend today’s Biden-Obama virtual fund-raiser, raising $4 million+ for the campaign.

How Joe Biden Is Catching Up to the Trump Money ‘Juggernaut’
    In May, Mr. Biden passed President Trump in fund-raising for the first time. A surge in donations has helped cut into the president’s financial advantage.

It's a big tent party. I imagine the Zoom chat is big enough for K-Pop stans as well.
    Fantastic. This is just the kind of enthusiasm we need to see. I love that Obama is full swing campaigning this year.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chines...es-wsj-reports

WSJ article is paywalled but...so I guess people with ties to the CCP have been throwing money at the Republican party for years in order to gain access to events and information that they then passed along to the Chinese government.

There's no evidence to suggest Trump was aware of this, but it sure speaks to a greater potential rot within the Republican party.

Good news guys, I got to vote in the Democratic Primary today! There were so many great choices, such deliberations to be had! If only any of those choices mattered!

I still voted for Liz Warren. Fuck 'em, my primary vote is mine to make my feelings known.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Good news guys, I got to vote in the Democratic Primary today! There were so many great choices, such deliberations to be had! If only any of those choices mattered!

I still voted for Liz Warren. Fuck 'em, my primary vote is mine to make my feelings known.
    Lol, if it helps any, my wife and I did the same - both of us voted for Warren in the primary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt that Joe Rogan fans are paying attention. But will this news affect the Pro Weed Voters?

Barr allegedly interfered in antitrust investigation, according to whistleblower in DOJ.

Another DOJ witness, John Elias, plans to accuse the department of inappropriately using its antitrust power to investigate 10 proposed mergers and acquisitions in the marijuana industry because Mr. Barr “did not like the nature of their underlying business.”

Kinda interesting. GOP committee announced more than $23 million in ad reservations nationwide to retake congress. In CA where they lost 7 seats, they are only buying adds supporting David Valadao. I can understand why they are not supporting Howze after his anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant and conspiracy theory messages. I can't quite understand why they are not supporting the other five.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Kinda interesting. GOP committee announced more than $23 million in ad reservations nationwide to retake congress. In CA where they lost 7 seats, they are only buying adds supporting David Valadao. I can understand why they are not supporting Howze after his anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant and conspiracy theory messages. I can't quite understand why they are not supporting the other five.
    That is interesting, considering how much cash they are sitting on for election efforts. I wonder if they are finally going to stop playing games, and just hand out the money to those Reps that get reelected and skip the middle men.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That is interesting, considering how much cash they are sitting on for election efforts. I wonder if they are finally going to stop playing games, and just hand out the money to those Reps that get reelected and skip the middle men.
    I don't think they can. They can only do add buying through Political Action Committee (PAC). They can't give money directly to the candidates.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I don't think they can. They can only do add buying through Political Action Committee (PAC). They can't give money directly to the candidates.
    Legally they can't. But the legality of something has never stopped the Grifters of Politics (GOP).

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    $23 million is not very much. I think they are expecting Corrruption PACs, I mean Super PACs, to pick up the slack. I think that this is their way of telling corporate America: if you want a candidate to get through, shell out the cash and buy ads in that person's district.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im still thinking Harris is the best pick for VP.

Republicans sent John Cornyn out to troll Kamala Harris while she explained in detail why their bill is a transparent effort to derail actual police reform.

It did not go well for Cornyn.

Then the times she made Lindsey Graham and Jeff Sessions cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name a better criminal justice duo, Mr Crime Bill and a cop.

See what they did in Kentucky. That's what is going to happen in November. Get current on your voting credentials now. Pick up your ballot if you have to.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Name a better criminal justice duo, Mr Crime Bill and a cop.

See what they did in Kentucky. That's what is going to happen in November. Get current on your voting credentials now. Pick up your ballot if you have to.
    What are you talking about? For some reason "progressives" have been jumping all over Kentucky this week, and it seems to be based on nothing.

The results of the Kentucky Primary: Short lines, easy voting, huge turnouts.

Daily Beast

CBS

Local News Channel covering the events in real time

So despite all the fuss that people seem to be claiming with "Voter Suppression", Kentucky seems to have pulled off the model of what voting in a Pandemic should look like. A Democratic and a GOP SecState worked very well together, and put together a cohesive plan that lowered in person locations, but dramatically expanded voter choice overall, by prioritizing mail in ballots, early voting, and other common sense measures to stop crowding. All of which seem to have resulted in more people voting then ever before, and doing so safely with minimal lines.

Voter Suppression is a very real thing, but there are a disturbing amount of progressives that use it as the left wing equivalent of "MASSSIVE VOTER FRAUD" that Trump is always talking about. It is a buzzword they pull out every time their preferred candidate doesn't get the votes they think are appropriate. Voter Suppression is a very serious charge, with a very real and dark history (And present) in America. Lets not use the word loosely when it isn't real.

I mean, to be fair, when Lebron James tweets about it, it becomes a pretty widespread story among the entire left wing. CNN also had an article about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Lets not use the word loosely when it isn't real.
    Admittedly I don't trust a GOP SoS and this one's forced to deal with a Dem Governor who can counteract his actions. Furthermore, in Kentucky voting rules are less centralized so there's less opportunity for fuckery in general. Nevertheless Adams made reasonable compromises in the face of a pandemic and seems serious about letting Kentuckians vote.
    BUT:
    https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/lin...242317506.html
    “My hope is that the heat from the fires of Republicans burning me in effigy will kill the coronavirus,” he joked

Dude made reasonable choices and gets roasted for it. I guess it doesn't pay to break ranks.

Random conspiracy thought:
    Adams has worked as a lawyer for Mitch McConnell. Maybe he hates his guts and wants to see him lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Im still thinking Harris is the best pick for VP.

Republicans sent John Cornyn out to troll Kamala Harris while she explained in detail why their bill is a transparent effort to derail actual police reform.

It did not go well for Cornyn.

Then the times she made Lindsey Graham and Jeff Sessions cry.
    What is it with you and claiming to be anti-capitalist while constantly fangirling over the biggest capitalists in the US system?

Are you Elon Musk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    What is it with you and claiming to be anti-capitalist while constantly fangirling over the biggest capitalists in the US system?

Are you Elon Musk?
    You think Kamala Harris or Biden are the biggest capitalists in US system? You should make that your signature...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I was against Obama when he did it in Libya, despite Qaddafi being a fucking piece of shit....
    It's curious that the "spring" there was what permanently turned off a late conservative friend of mine. The GOP had been railing to do something in support. And when he had the military establish a no-fly zone they turned around and fumed that he was going to get us mired in the country and making it all worse. Friend had always been honest. He said he no longer had a party after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I really hope Jamaal Bowman takes down Eliot Engel the incumbent that had both the endorsement of Hillary Clinton and oddly enough the The Black Caucus. Which given the current climate shows how out of touch the political elite are in the US.

Hopefully a little bit of my time and money went into taking out another corporate shill, even if it upsets some Blue No Matter Who types in this forum.
    Because the CBC is focused on more longterm goals, like increasing their influence in the House to have more weight behind the issues they care about - https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...-primary-fight

In fact, many have praised the 44-year-old public education advocate — raised by a single mother in East Harlem before founding his own public middle school, where he remains the principal.

The CBC endorsements of Engel are more a reflection of an unspoken rule on Capitol Hill: Establishment Democrats, including most members of the Black Caucus, tend to put aside other considerations — age, race, region, ideology — and protect their own from outside challenges.

That formula — prioritizing incumbency and seniority — has paid handsome dividends for the CBC, helping the group to accumulate power in the halls of Congress. Indeed, CBC members now hold gavels on four key committees, including Financial Services, Homeland Security and Education and Labor.

CBC voices are also pointing to another reason for siding with Engel: He was there fighting for racial justice in law enforcement, they note, long before the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis sparked the current outcry for a criminal justice overhaul. Engel joined CBC members in a meeting with Justice Department officials after the 1999 killing of Amadou Diallo, an unarmed black man who was shot 19 times by four white New York City police officers. And Engel spoke out prominently against the 2014 death of Eric Garner, who died on Staten Island after an officer put him in a chokehold.

“Eliot Engel has been with us every step of the way on police brutality, on criminal justice reform. You can’t turn your back on your friend just because your friendship has become inconvenient,” said one black Democratic source familiar with the primary.

“It’s less about Bowman and more about your friend who has been shoulder to shoulder with you through your struggle,” the source said. “That’s why you see all these CBC members coming out in support. He was there with us on all these NYPD abuse cases.”
    You don't have to agree with their reasoning, but it's sound and has nothing to do with corporate shilling.

And I don't think the "blue no matter who" folks gave much of a damn if it was Engel or Bowman, both of them are blue bois.