Very interesting VP pick poll. Only 4 weeks left and it sheds some light on the race factor, which obviously was not expected but turned out to be quite important.

My money is still on Kamala. She is by a large margin the top pick for both white and black dems.

Couple of interesting points:
    -It's more important for white democrats that the pick is "of color" than it is for black democrats.
    -Trump can be replace Pence with Haley and most republicans wouldn't mind at all (lol).
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2020-07-03 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    -Trump can be replace Pence with Haley and most republicans wouldn't mind at all (lol).
    Completely unsurprising, really. Pence might say the right words, but he really doesn't have the loyalty or enthusiasm of the Trump base. This has always been a "Trump" thing.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting VP pick poll. Only 4 weeks left and it sheds some light on the race factor, which obviously was not expected but turned out to be quite important.

My money is still on Kamala. She is by a large margin the top pick for both white and black dems.

-It's more important for white democrats that the pick is "of color" than it is for black democrats.
    Kamala, Val, or Stacy seem to be the top three choices. I thought Stacy Abrams would be the pick, but it is looking more and more like Kamala. I personally think her baggage isn't worth it, and she would make a terrific AG, but obviously there are different opinions.

crazy that they want to dump pence tho.
    I figure the only two reasons...she's good to look at, and praying the women come out to vote because of it for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Completely unsurprising, really. Pence might say the right words, but he really doesn't have the loyalty or enthusiasm of the Trump base. This has always been a "Trump" thing.
    I can't wait for Pence's book..my god once he figures out he will never be president it will be glorious
    Even as religious he is, that much money will temp his god loving soul and make him go against the good book teachings.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Biden has signed up to the usual televised, even if virtual meeting, debates. Trump is refusing to do so, instead seeking 4 debates, with partisan moderators splitting the debates. Trump is claiming he won’t sign up to debates, until they are fair enough to let him choose 2 moderators.

Although, if Trump chocked on soft balls from Hannity last week, not sure what Hannity the moderator would do. Some Trump supporters were pissed at Hannity, for not feeding Trump answers, when he rambled off topic. I don’t think even Trump simps can help his debate skills...
    I hope we get debates, I really wanna see Biden destroy Trump :P

I watched the nominee/election debates in 2016 and it sucked how everyone went easy on him. First you had all the Republicans basically giving him a bye to the election because none of them wanted to be seen picking on the retard, then Hillary took it easy on him to avoid looking angry/bitchy and turning male voters off.

Trumps campaign should have died in the first republican debate, he spent like five minutes bragging about what a winner he was and how he had never lost at anything, all while standing next to the man who's big brother flat out annihilated him during his 2000 presidential campaign and Jebtard just let it all slide >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

I watched the nominee/election debates in 2016 and it sucked how everyone went easy on him. First you had all the Republicans basically giving him a bye to the election because none of them wanted to be seen picking on the retard, then Hillary took it easy on him to avoid looking angry/bitchy and turning male voters off.

Trumps campaign should have died in the first republican debate, he spent like five minutes bragging about what a winner he was and how he had never lost at anything, all while standing next to the man who's big brother flat out annihilated him during his 2000 presidential campaign and Jebtard just let it all slide >.>
    I couldn't care less if we get debates honestly. Modern debates are ridiculous game shows that are more about quips then policy. With these two candidates, I can't think of a more useless waste of time then a debate between the two. Debates are the perfect political Rocharsch test, each side will see exactly what they want to see, and claim their candidate won. Both Biden and Trump massively suck at debating, it is going to be painful to watch, and each team will claim their side sucked less.

I would prefer presidential debates go away entirely actually. Or at least go to a format that allows substantive answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I couldn't care less if we get debates honestly. Modern debates are ridiculous game shows that are more about quips then policy. With these two candidates, I can't think of a more useless waste of time then a debate between the two. Debates are the perfect political Rocharsch test, each side will see exactly what they want to see, and claim their candidate won. Both Biden and Trump massively suck at debating, it is going to be painful to watch, and each team will claim their side sucked less.

I would prefer presidential debates go away entirely actually. Or at least go to a format that allows substantive answers.
    The idea of debates is not a bad one. The way we implement them in the US is not a good implementation. Basically, supporters for both sides will insist that obviously their person won the debate by a mile. And the "substantive" part of the debates is just looking for that gotcha moment that ends up being all that is talked about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

The debates are pointless. Hillary pretty much ran laps around Trump in the debates in 2016 and they didn't matter.

We need to overhaul how we carry out debates in the US if we actually want them to be substantive.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The debates are pointless. Hillary pretty much ran laps around Trump in the debates in 2016 and they didn't matter.

We need to overhaul how we carry out debates in the US if we actually want them to be substantive.
    For the life of me I still don’t get how she didn’t win after those debates. She showed up like Lisa Fucking Simpson with meticulous color coded notes of every subject under the Sun, and Trump showed up on Adderall and Sudafed and sniffed and stammered his way to garbage nothing answers for 2 hours.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    For the life of me I still don’t get how she didn’t win after those debates. She showed up like Lisa Fucking Simpson with meticulous color coded notes of every subject under the Sun, and Trump showed up on Adderall and Sudafed and sniffed and stammered his way to garbage nothing answers for 2 hours.
    i got your answer right here:
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

When somebody said “money is not everything”, tech sector opposition to Trump is a perfect example. No other sector has prospered as much as the tech sector under Trump. Apple, Microsoft and Amazon had over 200% gain under Trump, Google 78% and FB 83%. Yet by dollar amount, employees at these five companies overwhelmingly donated to Democratic organizations and candidates (around 77% to 88%) in the 2020 cycle.

How about Texas homegrown tech companies? This is where it gets interesting.

In 2014 and 2016 Texas Instruments' employees overwhelmingly donated more money to Republican organizations and candidates. How about 2018? For the first time since 1990, Texas Instruments' employees donated more money to Democratic candidates and organizations. How about 2020? Same as in 2018 so far, except the gap is larger.

Dell? Dell's employees donated more to the Republican side until 2012. However, in 2014, 2016, 2018 and so far in 2020, donations to the Democratic side have surpassed the Republican and the gap increased with each election cycle.

I think the shift at Dell and Texas Instrument reflects the political shift in Texas metro areas which more and more are leaning more to the left, and voting Democrats.

All the numbers can be verified at opensecrets.org
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-07-04 at 10:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Trump just won re-election:

We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States
    Flag of United States
    ! #2020VISION
    (Kanye West is running for office)

Incidentally, if your 2020 doom bingo card had this on it, congratulations.

Elon Musk endorses.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-07-05 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I wasn't ever voting for Biden or Trump. I'm glad Kanye is running. I will be voting for him.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'll believe Kanye is running when he 1) announces which party he's running for, because it's not going to be Democrats or Republicans and 2) he's on stage for the debates.

Until then he's just spouting bullshit as usual, trying to out-clown Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'll believe Kanye is running when he 1) announces which party he's running for, because it's not going to be Democrats or Republicans and 2) he's on stage for the debates.

Until then he's just spouting bullshit as usual, trying to out-clown Trump.
    He's supposedly announced his bid as an independent. I also saw someone claim that all but two states are past their filing deadlines.

So Kanye isn't running to be president, he's running to get attention and/or is off his meds.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    He's supposedly announced his bid as an independent. I also saw someone claim that all but two states are past their filing deadlines.

So Kanye isn't running to be president, he's running to get attention and/or is off his meds.
    Yeah, I was just looking up the filing dates to add to my previous post. He's missed several, but there are still several states where you can file as an Independent up until August. What a fucking idiot. Trump supporters won't be voting for him and everyone who hates Trump enough to vote him out in November isn't going to throw their vote away on Kanye.

Won't stop people from writing him in, though, because America has a bottomless supply of stupidity.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-07-05 at 03:09 AM.

Yeah, I was just looking up the filing dates to add to my previous post. He's missed several, but there are still several states where you can file as an Independent up until August. What a fucking idiot. Trump supporters won't be voting for him and everyone who hates Trump enough to vote him out in November isn't going to throw their vote away on Kanye.

Won't stop people from writing him in, though, because America has a bottomless supply of stupidity.
    what do you think it would do to the african american vote? ill admit im not too keen on Mr. West these days so i'm not sure how much support the has. did he recover from his thing with Trump?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I was wrong, too. About ten states are past the filing deadlines for independents.

Some people are figuring this is just a stunt to get attention to promote a new album he has coming. That or he's off his meds.

He wouldn't get anything significant enough to impact Biden winning or losing in a particular state.

Assuming he even gets on the ballot anywhere because he isn't at the moment and obviously can't in several states.

What his announcement is good for is shining a light on any Trump supporter who knows their side is morally and intellectually bankrupt. If you see any of them getting excited about this because it might help Trump win, they're admitting they have no good plan or ideas for the country. They can't win by convincing people Trump is better for the country. They can only win if some serious fuckery takes place.

10+ Year Old Account
    My banner image is even more poetic now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive