10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Instead of answering softball questions with the help of a teleprompter, Joe needs to take tough questions from reporters every single day and prove to this country (and me) that he's mentally fit for office...or, as a minimum, an improvement over Trump. Anything less will only sow more doubt.
    It already is an improvement over Trump... Biden didn’t materialize during DNC debates... you don’t remember Hillary dominating Trump? Do you?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of answering softball questions with the help of a teleprompter, Joe needs to take tough questions from reporters every single day and prove to this country (and me) that he's mentally fit for office...or, as a minimum, an improvement over Trump. Anything less will only sow more doubt.
    the fact you keep claiming he's asking for a telepromter with no actual proof

there is nothing he could do to prove you anything
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Would be real nice if you actually were a honest person and held Trump to even 1/1000th of the standard you hold any Democrat or left leaning bum on the street to. Anything less will just confirm that you're the morally bankrupt person we already know you are.

But as you have already done even if Biden passes your idiotic goal post, goals that Trump himself never passes but you take no issue with him, you'll just move them. Case in point: your nonsense lies about the teleprompter issues. What is your take on the fact that Trump lies about easily verifiable facts more often than he tells the truth and people like you buy it?

Seriously boggles my mind. I've seen you go harder at random protests and their conduct, because they disagree with your conservative talking points, than you ever have with the actual President. Seems backwards to anyone who isn't an idiot.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-09-11 at 05:32 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Hey, care to respond to your comments on the Middle East "Peace Deal"? Or have to moved on to other topics already. I posted quite a detailed reply, I am interested to see your take on it. After all, if peace is your #1 priority, surely you have an opinion on how well Trump has handled all the circumstances I listed. Because if you haven't considered them, then I am sure it will come as a huge shock to you, and you would have to reevaluate your preferred candidate based on his failures at meeting your #1 priority.
    What's your take on Biden's voting record regarding Iraq and Afghanistan? Or his role in allowing the ISIS caliphate to grow to the point of becoming a major threat in the entire ME region? Or his part supporting the Libya War which resulted in a failed State and untold human death and suffering?

Trump's record may not be perfect...but it's light years better than Biden's. Surely you can see where I'm coming from here.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Trump may be the first person ever to win the Noble Peace Prize! Good job, Trump campaign!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...hington-2020-9

Reminder that despite wildfares raging on the west coast and people being evacuated, Trump hasn't even acknowledged that there are fires.

He is not my president. He is not this countries president. He is a president for his base and the states they live in, that's it. Nevermind that a great many people impacted in CA/OR are his supporters as well, or that they're human beings and Americans and it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect a president to at least acknowledge the suffering going on right now.

Donald Trump doesn't care. He's incapable of caring. Yet some folks still support him, thinking that surely he won't turn on them when Trump no longer thinks he needs them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a teleprompter for a speech is one thing...but using it to answer questions is quite another. Apparently some are unable to grasp this distinction.
    You mean like McEnany having to consult a binder to figure out which lie she's supposed to be pushing in response to which question?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Trump's record may not be perfect...but it's light years better than Biden's.
    Most "in denial" statement ever said in this forum....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

What's your take on Biden's voting record regarding Iraq and Afghanistan? Or his role in allowing the ISIS caliphate to grow to the point of becoming a major threat in the entire ME region? Or his part supporting the Libya War which resulted in a failed State and untold human death and suffering?

Trump's record may not be perfect...but it's light years better than Biden's. Surely you can see where I'm coming from here.
    What's your take on trump watching underage girls getting undressed?

Was that one of the big reasons you chose to support him?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your take on Biden's voting record regarding Iraq and Afghanistan?
    What’s your take on Trump’s and GOP’s in general? Were you one of the one calling democrats and liberals unAmerican for not supporting Bush?

Edit: I’ll answer... since you guys hate censorship...

Trump supporter the war on the Howard Stern show and was screaming about muslims celebrating on rooftops. In 2016, Trump’s solution was “bomb the shit out of them, then give their oil to Exxon... they are good people”. How is that different than Bush? You just think Iran is a better target? Maybe should have used a teleprompter...

Or his role in allowing the ISIS caliphate to grow to the point of becoming a major threat in the entire ME region?
    How about Trump’s? How the Kurds doing? Why is US have troops to protect Saudi Oil? Why did Trump invite Taliban to the White House and Camp David?

Edit: Trump made deals with the Taliban, even though he knew Russia had a bounty, but didn’t believe it. He then sent out allies to be slaughtered by Turkey, resulting in sanctions lasting a couple of days. Interesting, considering Flynn was an unregistered agent of Turkey, getting paid a lot of money to sway Trump.

What was Trump’s justification in the slaughter of Kurds? Not helping in WW2? Maybe he should have used a teleprompter...

Or his part supporting the Libya War which resulted in a failed State and untold human death and suffering?
    Trump is supplying weapons to SA in that war... even after they killed an American resident... even after a member of their military went on a shooting spree in US...

Edit: Trump is arming Saudi Arabia in the war... It was Trump’s selling weapons to SA, that resulted in schools full of dead children.

What did Trump say about SA? They buy his condos, how is he not supposed to like them? He said they spend millions... Again... maybe should have used a teleprompter.

Trump lied 200000 Americans died...

What did Trump call 1000 dead Americans per day? It is what it is? Maybe should have used a teleprompter, instead of paper charts...

Trump in less than 4 years did more harm and none of the good of Biden’s 40...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-11 at 06:28 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What's your take on trump watching underage girls getting undressed?

Was that one of the big reasons you chose to support him?
    You do realize I was talking about Biden's record on war...right? But thanks for your "constructive" post.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize I was talking about Biden's record on war...right? But thanks for your "constructive" post.
    That doesn’t make sense... Your example of Libya, is especially egregious, considering Trump’s love affair with Saudi Arabia... despite the last terrorist attack on US soil was by a SA military member on a US military base. Trump is supplying Saudi Arabia with the weapons they use in the war you are trying to blame on Biden... Trump literally has troops protecting their oil...

Considering today’s date... What’s with Trump’s love affair with Taliban and Saudi Arabia?

Well, you are an admitted Trump supporter. I was simply wondering if his love of peeping in on underage girls helped sway your decision? I mean, you either support exactly that, or don't mind it very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you are an admitted Trump supporter. I was simply wondering if his love of peeping in on underage girls helped sway your decision? I mean, you either support exactly that, or don't mind it very much.
    You can bring it back by reminding him that Trump did support the war in Iraq, when he was on that same Howard Stern Show... and maybe remind him that Trump even vetoed removing his ability to in act the war powers act against Iran. Maybe remind him that at the start of the year, Trump launched an attack against Iran, claiming an imminent threat... without evidence... just like every other republican president since Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You can bring it back by reminding him that Trump did support the war in Iraq, when he was on that same Howard Stern Show... and maybe remind him that Trump even vetoed removing his ability to in act the war powers act against Iran. Maybe remind him that at the start of the year, Trump launched an attack against Iran, claiming an imminent threat... without evidence... just like every other republican president since Reagan.
    Trump sure does love war... and buddying up with murderous despots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump sure does love war... and buddying up with murderous despots.
    He likes fossil fuels... his war desires, have always resulted in making money from oil companies. Even though Tellison was stupid enough to take the job, as former Exxon CEO with hardly any experience otherwise, was the Secretary of State.

Edit: That should be Trump’s new slogan... Trump lied 200000 Americans died: 2020
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-11 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He likes fossil fuels... his war desires, have always resulted in making money from oil companies. Even though Tellison was stupid enough to take the job, as former Exxon CEO with hardly any experience otherwise, was the Secretary of State.

Edit: That should be Trump’s new slogan... Trump lied 200000 Americans died: 2020
    for it to work, he'd have to tack on "but I was sure they would be from Blue states"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    for it to work, he'd have to tack on "but I was sure they would be from Blue states"
    No, he would have to create an API pulling death toll, to replace 200000... because by the end of 2020, that number is likely to need an update.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Biden voting for the initial war in Afghanistan was a mistake, but one based on the facts he had available at the time. Trump was a whole hearted supporter of the war at the time as well, but both have pivoted since. Biden was a senator, Trump was not, but their positions are both a matter of public record, and I disagree with both.

Afghanistan was necessary, Al Queda was operating openly in eastern Afghanistan and was completely shielded by the Taliban government. In the context of the strikes on 9/11, we had no other rational choice, which was recognized by every other nation on the planet. The quagmire that followed is hard to pin on Biden, but the last 4 years of it can definitely be pinned on Trump (While you might count the previous 8 as Biden, he was not President at the time, and is on record as having a less aggressive posture then Obama, including opposing the raid on Bin Laden out of caution).

His role in ISIS? Are you referring to some sort of conspiracy theory I am unaware of? I actually dealt with ISIS as a Soldier, I have no idea why you think Biden is responsible for that. The Obama administration fought a very successful campaign against Daesh that left them with basically nothing by January 2017. It takes some extreme revisionist history to imply otherwise. You act like Daesh was at its peak when Trump took over, it objectively wasn't.

Libya, same thing. What exactly are you blaming on Biden here? I don't like the Obama administrations policies in regard to Libya, but Trump's have been no better. You didn't mention Yemen, but that spiraled during the Obama administration as well, but once again, Trump doubled down and made it worse.

I am highly critical of Biden and Obama's foreign policy. However, Trump is objectively worse in every metric. He has doubled down on the worst aspects of Obama's foreign policy, (Non-military interventions, extra-legal air strikes, using Gulf States to fight proxy wars, dodging oversite of lethal operations...) and invented whole new disasters of his own. Trump's impact on human misery in those countries is roughly equal to Obama's, but his devastation of our system of alliances, and the long term consequences of those breaking down, is far worse. As far as Biden, you are comparing a Senator and a Vice President to a President. Only one of those has the actual capability to shape foreign policy, and it isn't Biden. I don't expect I will like Biden's policies as President, but they will be superior to the clusterfuck of the last four years.

All that said, I do appreciate an actual response. Dialogue is good, and that was actually the basis of a position (Although I would love to see more actual evidence supporting it).

3000 Americans died from an attack from terrorists 19 years ago. No american was okay with that at the time. 19 years later ~1000 americans are dying every single day due to the trump virus, and yes I'm calling it the trump virus after recent events from the last couple days, and he might get re-elected...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Trump may be the first person ever to win the Noble Peace Prize! Good job, Trump campaign!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...hington-2020-9

Reminder that despite wildfares raging on the west coast and people being evacuated, Trump hasn't even acknowledged that there are fires.

He is not my president. He is not this countries president. He is a president for his base and the states they live in, that's it. Nevermind that a great many people impacted in CA/OR are his supporters as well, or that they're human beings and Americans and it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect a president to at least acknowledge the suffering going on right now.

Donald Trump doesn't care. He's incapable of caring. Yet some folks still support him, thinking that surely he won't turn on them when Trump no longer thinks he needs them.
    Meanwhile, in addition to UAE, Bahrain has just announced a peace agreement with Israel.