Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Ok using smaller words for you, what was his number on their last poll? You can do it Tiny Tim.
    Yesterday's poll was 48%. Their prior poll had him at a 47% approval rating. Why are you resorting to insults?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    he wont need to cheat, just declare he won and use his new supreme court majority to stay in power, no point to any of this anymore. give up its all over.
    Not sure that'll work tbh. I mean they voted 7-2 against him that he's not above the law. He's gonna need to cheat first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, Romney says he will vote in the Senate if a Supreme Court Justice replacement is brought to the floor.........https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitt-ro...nee-this-year/

Washington — Republican Senator Mitt Romney of Utah indicated Tuesday he supports moving forward with consideration of a Supreme Court nominee during an election year, providing crucial backing to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as he proceeds with filling the vacancy on the high court just weeks before Election Day.

"The Constitution gives the President the power to nominate and the Senate the authority to provide advice and consent on Supreme Court nominees," Romney said in a statement. "Accordingly, I intend to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the president's nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications."

Romney noted that the historical precedent of nominations made to the Supreme Court during an election year is for the Senate not to confirm the nominee put forth by the opposing party, but to confirm the pick of its own.
    Then we have GOP Senators like Josh Hawley, Missouri (R).

“I will vote only for those Supreme Court nominees who have explicitly acknowledged that Roe v. Wade is wrongly decided,” Hawley told the Washington Post in an interview. “By explicitly acknowledged, I mean on the record and before they were nominated.”
    A couple more like him will sink any Trump's SCOTUS nominees.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biden refused to express a opinion on what he would or not support..........https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/22/j...king-ginsburg/

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden declined to say in an interview Monday whether he would support adding seats to the Supreme Court, signaling a shift from the primary race when the former vice president said he opposed increasing the number of justices because Democrats would “live to rue the day.”

“It’s a legitimate question, but let me tell you why I’m not going to answer that question,” Biden said in an interview with Wisconsin TV station WBAY when asked if he supports the concept of packing the Supreme Court.

“It will shift the focus, that’s what [Trump] wants,” Biden said in defense of dodging the question on court packing.

“Let’s say I answer,” said Biden, “then the whole debate’s gonna be about what Biden said or didn’t say. Biden said he would or wouldn’t. The discussion should be about why [Trump] is moving in a direction that is totally inconsistent with what the founders wanted.”

It is a fundamental breach of constitutional principle. It must stay on that and it shouldn’t happen,” Biden told WBAY.

Or did he?
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-09-22 at 06:28 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Biden refused to express a opinion on what he would or not support..........https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/22/j...king-ginsburg/
    Is that supposed to be a deal breaker?

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden declined to say in an interview Monday whether he would support adding seats to the Supreme Court, signaling a shift from the primary race when the former vice president said he opposed increasing the number of justices because Democrats would “live to rue the day.”

“It’s a legitimate question, but let me tell you why I’m not going to answer that question,” Biden said in an interview with Wisconsin TV station WBAY when asked if he supports the concept of packing the Supreme Court.
    Good.

No need to give the "other party" a play from your playbook. Let the voters see for themselves just how horrible the GOP are and then they can decide if adding seats to the courts or not is what we should do.

Besides, I'm not clicking that link from the dailycaller.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Joe Biden’s Answer: “It’s a legitimate question, but let me tell you why I’m not going answer that question. Because it will shift the focus, that’s what he wants, he never wants to talk about the issue at hand and he always tries to change the subject. Let’s say I answer that question, then the whole debates gonna be about what Biden said or didn’t say, Biden said he would or wouldn’t. The discussion should be about why he is moving in a direction that’s totally inconsistent with what founders wanted. The Constitution says voters get to pick a president who gets to make the pick and the senate gets to decide. We’re in the middle of the election right now, you know people are voting now. By the time this supreme court hearing would be held, if they hold one, it’s estimate 30 to 40% of American people already have voted. It is a fundamental breach of constitutional principle. It must stay on that and it shouldn’t happen.”
    https://www.wbay.com/2020/09/22/one-...nee-joe-biden/

Full context of his answer. It's a good answer and the right answer in the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Then we have GOP Senators like Josh Hawley, Missouri (R).

A couple more like him will sink any Trump's SCOTUS nominees.
    Na. They will still vote for whoever it is put forth by Trump. it is almost a sure thing at this point. The only two hold outs ( and not sure they would actually not vote ) was Collins from Maine and the one senator for Alaska.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

“It will shift the focus, that’s what [Trump] wants,” Biden said in defense of dodging the question on court packing.

“Let’s say I answer,” said Biden, “then the whole debate’s gonna be about what Biden said or didn’t say. Biden said he would or wouldn’t. The discussion should be about why [Trump] is moving in a direction that is totally inconsistent with what the founders wanted.”

It is a fundamental breach of constitutional principle. It must stay on that and it shouldn’t happen,” Biden told WBAY.

Or did he?
    The places you get your news are shit. Like who the fuck goes to dailycaller?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Is that supposed to be a deal breaker?
    Of itself? No. But when combined with all of his other flip flops.....

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Pending Government shutdown seems right up Trump's "mayhem" style. McConnell must be salivating at this kind of distraction while he rams through their SCOTUS nominee.
    Don't you know when the senate refuses to even vote on something...umm...Obama's fault!!

well not that crazy, but somehow they always blame it on the democrats. Last time i checked they don't control the voting process.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Simple answer for you then. Don't read them.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Right wing sycophants go to the Daily Caller. Or was that a rhetorical question?

Simple answer for you then. Don't read them.
    I don't, cause when I get my news, I prefer to be more informed than I currently am.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Right wing sycophants go to the Daily Caller. Or was that a rhetorical question?
    Rhetorical, I know full well it's where the ignorant go to remain ignorant. just that all his news sources are all shit news. Not surprising, just calling him out for what it is.

It's not a flip-flop, it's him not taking the bait on a nonsense question.

In unrelated matters to Biden now playing a silly game - https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-200000-2020-9

In the course of roughly seven months, more than 200,000 Americans have died from the novel coronavirus. No other country in the world has more confirmed fatalities from COVID-19 than the US. The US also has the highest number of reported COVID-19 cases of any country: more than 6.8 million.

As the virus swept across the US, President Donald Trump downplayed the threat, deflected blame to others, and routinely visited his properties to play golf. From the time of the first known death from COVID-19 in the US (February 6) to the present day, Trump golfed at least 25 times, according to Trump Golf Count, which tracks the president's golf outings.

Meanwhile, thousands upon thousands of Americans died from a virus that Trump deliberately downplayed in an effort to avoid causing "panic."
    Trump has gone on more golf vacations during a 7 months of the pandemic than I have have had vacations (I don't golf) in the past 5 years.

And my vacations haven't been as 200,000 people die under my watch, millions end up unemployed and struggling, and nearly 7 million have been confirmed to have a virus that appears to have long-lasting health effects.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The number of deplorables in this country appears to be increasing.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-amer...-to-48-percent
    You guys won’t wear masks, we don’t expect you’ll wear condoms.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

5+ Year Old Account
    200,000 dead and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    ROFL this is the perfect response +1

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Incoming Idiocraty.

(to be clear, that's me agreeing with you, and referencing a movie to do so)
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-09-22 at 07:28 PM.