Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    He didn't ask the question. The moderator did. And why people are trying to defend a candidate who refuses to answer questions is beyond me. THIS is why politics are in the state they're in: NOBODY holds their candidates to any kind of standard. All that matter is he's on your team, so he can do no wrong. Republics and Democrats both do this. And the politicians know this. If Republicans actually held their candidates to some kind of standard we wouldn't have a psychopath like Trump in the White House. If Liberals actually held their candidates to some kind of standard we wouldn't have senile dementia-riddled fossils as our candidate.

The only one who actually cares about the American people was Sanders and the Democratic party screwed him over not once, but twice. Just goes to show the party leaders don't want change. They don't want what's best for the country or for the people. They want to just continue the same scam they've been running for decades and decades. And not to be rude, but this party politics mentality is what's letting them do it. All that matters to so many voters like yourself is US vs. THEM. My team vs. the other team. Defeat the enemy at whatever the cost! And then you wonder why actually solving problems and addressing issues don't take place. Because that's not what wins elections. Getting people riled up and pitting them against each other does. Pull your head out of the sand.
    Stop with that Bullshit, Sanders wasn't screwed over, he simply got less votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But... Trump said he got screwed over and Trump is so blunt, how can he be dishonest?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Still baffles me they're mad the DNC is somehow out to get Sanders. He didn't appeal to the majority of the people, so he got less votes. A lot of people don't like him.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

At least the CNN instant polling of debate watcher's is less stupid than their focus group.

10+ Year Old Account
    FOX News, bless their hearts for trying, said what everyone else said "this was chaos incarnate" but boy, did they try to play the "both sides" card.

"[Y]ou wonder if America maybe lost on the substance of the heart of the issues and whether they really got to them over some of that back and forth," said Fox News anchor Bret Baier to his colleague Martha MacCollum.

"It was a tumultuous back-and-forth, no holds barred. They both dove in really hard, and I think obviously, there was a ton of talking over each other," McCollum responded.

"I do feel like we've been through something," Baier said. "You at home maybe feel it too."
    Even Wallace pointed out Trump was the worse offender. Multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if someone went through and counted each candidate's number and/or length of interruptions, and when that happens, you know I'll post that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Pull your head out of the sand.
    A president issued a call to arms for proud boys, claimed every policy Bernie believes in is against America, demanded his supporters be election watchers... this is just the debates. I’ll just add... Trump defunded Obama’s pandemic response and then lied about a pandemic’s severity... while you bitch about how Bernie was treated... who has their head in the sand?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Still baffles me they're mad the DNC is somehow out to get Sanders. He didn't appeal to the majority of the people, so he got less votes. A lot of people don't like him.
    I mean looking at his post history, he's not a bernie supporter. Ignore the concern troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Trump literally took shots at Bernie through the debates, claiming his policy is against America... but, the issue is Biden... wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Oh no I meant Biden tried to address Trump like an adult for like, a minute and then clearly realized Trump is not one of those things.
    Oh...yeah.

The debate was a modified form of the Prisoner's Dilemna, except Trump already announced his intention. Biden tried to ride the line between "self defense" and "acting like an adult" and...yeah, that's a tough balance to navigate. But Trump attacked even the moderator. There is no question as to who was the more honorable, rule-abiding, or presidential candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Strap it to their balls... don’t mute the mic... let us hear them scream...
    Eh, not sure if he has any, according to the various reports over the years. He might honestly be a eunich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I mean looking at his post history, he's not a bernie supporter. Ignore the concern troll.
    I don’t think they are... not if they watched the debate...

I hate trump. He is a total monster but really, democratic party? This is the best opposition you can offer? An old man who can barely talk or get his thoughts together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Eh, not sure if he has any, according to the various reports over the years. He might honestly be a eunich.
    I was going to delete it, but realized I forgot to say “make it a high voltage buzzer”... so it ended up more weird than violent, so I left it there...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Trumpster? I voted for Biden. Oh and what did he lie about? Mistakes and lies are two different things. biden did not lie and neither did trump and what about the DNC talking over eachother? Are they children too?
    wait were we listening to the same debate?
    i mean just the part about mail in voting and fraud was full of lies for about 10 minutes.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I hate trump. He is a total monster but really, democratic party? This is the best opposition you can offer? An old man who can barely talk or get his thoughts together?
    He fumbled, but I had no troubles understanding what he said... he at least covered the issues, not that anyone seems to give a shit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i mean just the part about mail in voting and fraud was full of lies for about 10 minutes.
    Few care... it seems like this was a reality TV show and we are getting talk soup reviews... just not funny... people seemed to have enjoyed nothing, but fearmongering the radical left and conspiracy theories. Trump said nothing of policy... nothing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    If anyone took shots for each lie Trump said they'd probably be dead after the first half hour.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Trumpster? I voted for Biden. Oh and what did he lie about? Mistakes and lies are two different things. biden did not lie and neither did trump and what about the DNC talking over eachother? Are they children too?
    I wasn't ever voting for Biden or Trump. I'm glad Kanye is running. I will be voting for him.
    Do you even know what a lie is?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh...yeah.

The debate was a modified form of the Prisoner's Dilemna, except Trump already announced his intention. Biden tried to ride the line between "self defense" and "acting like an adult" and...yeah, that's a tough balance to navigate. But Trump attacked even the moderator. There is no question as to who was the more honorable, rule-abiding, or presidential candidate.
    I mean, I wish that were true. But I'm sure that about 35% of the viewing audience is rock-solid in their belief that Trump was the more Presidential Candidate tonight. He could take a shit on the floor and these people would marvel at how it enhances the environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    If anyone took shots for each lie Trump said they'd probably be dead after the first half hour.
    That's overselling it just a bit. That list I posted? Sixteen False and Mostly False, and they seem evenly distributed. That means five shots in yeah okay I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No comment from “No this election is not a referendum on Row v Wade”... let me guess... Win for Trump?
    You keep misspelling the name of one of the most important SCOTUS cases of the last 100 years and it hurts me. It's "Roe" like "Doe."