Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I agree. We'd be better off with him living in prison as a warning to people of the like mindset.
    Glad you at least recognize the fallout of his death. Regardless of how people will feel about his inevitably vengeful response from a recovery, he really shouldn't die or it's gonna get really bad. The fact there are so many people on social media already mocking his state at best is horrifying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    The fact there are so many people on social media already mocking his state at best is horrifying
    It’s the golden rule... Trump is being treated, like he treats others.

Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-02 at 01:19 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s the golden rule... Trump is being treated, like he treats others.
    That's not the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule is "Treat others as you would have them treat you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you at least recognize the fallout of his death. Regardless of how people will feel about his inevitably vengeful response from a recovery, he really shouldn't die or it's gonna get really bad. The fact there are so many people on social media already mocking his state at best is horrifying
    Lol, no.

I don't believe there will be that much "fallout" if he dies, for the simple reason that the regime is built around personal loyalty to him - i.e. not his successor, the legitimacy of whom would be crucial for consolidating the right. What's likely to happen if he carks it is that the right wing descend into infighting trying to extract as much value from the system as possible, exactly like we've seen every OTHER time Trump has dipped in the polls.

And spare me the pearlclutching, sweetheart. Trump is being shown as much sympathy and grace as he's extended to the others he's killed via COVID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    That's not the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule is "Treat others as you would have them treat you."
    Indeed, Trump is getting treated like he treats others:

Maybe if Trump treated others better... but... this is how he wants to be treated...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, and now he is being treated as he treated others. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

May Allah have mercy on his soul, but not before his bones are crushed.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, and now he is being treated as he treated others.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Or to put it in words @Hammerfest will understand... Trump will fest until he feel better in 24 hours... right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Trump is fucked then, if what he's shown up to this point is how he wants others to treat him.
    People who don’t understand the inherent punishment of the golden rule, are funny...

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we'll see how effective hydroxychloroquine is now. Once the American people see how well it treats covid, I'm sure that won't be insignificant.

to the others he's killed via COVID.
    COVID is from China. Sparing the (plausibly) theories on its origins, it is believably a product of gross incompetence and irresponsibility from Jinping to save face. I have no idea where people come to the widespread conclusion Trump is to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    It amazes me how many people get the Golden Rule wrong. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I guess we'll see how effective hydroxychloroquine is now.
    Probably as well as industrial bleach up the butt for curing autism (not well at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is fucked then, if what he's shown up to this point is how he wants others to treat him.
    What you're saying is that Trump has been pissing all over American democratic standards because he enjoys being pissed on?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we'll see how effective hydroxychloroquine is now. Once the American people see how well it treats covid, I'm sure that won't be insignificant.
    Trump already took it... he claimed he took a regiment... he still got it... why aren’t you saying he will fest, since you claimed it cured your covid?

10+ Year Old Account
    COVID is from China. Sparing the (plausibly) theories on its origins, it is believably a product of gross incompetence and irresponsibility from Jinping to save face. I have no idea where people come to the widespread conclusion Trump is to blame.
    Because the US is not China and it was entirely within Trump's power to take precautions that would have greatly minimized the extent to which COVID has infected the population here.

So yes, he is to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Minnesota also have a fairly large Somali population? What a place for him to spew all that racist shit....
    There's a pair of towns in Maine called Lewiston/Auburn. For some reason it's been a target for Somali refugees. I'm not sure why, but over the past few decades many Somalis came there. Maybe some deal with customs and immigration, I don't know how it works. Anyways, it would be THE place to spew racist shit because many of the racists saw this happen and became quite upset over the influx of immigrants to their neighborhood.

It's not as bad a tactic as it sounds, for a racist anyways.
    Putin khuliyo

It amazes me how many people get the Golden Rule wrong. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    So, you're saying Trump wants people to treat him like shit... good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s amazing how people don’t understand that treating people like shit, means you want to be treated like shit... according to the golden rule. The golden rule does not mean that you get to be a lying asshole, then cry when you get treated like a lying asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd post scientific studies that have proven again and again that HCQ is ineffective against COVID, but then again, we've known for 2500 years the earth is round. So why would it convince you? You'd just post yet another Mark Dice video.

- - - Updated - - -

While I think China and Xi were entirely irresponsible, when COVID came to the US, it became Trump's responsibility. His response has been negligent and resulted in deaths.

So yes, I blame Trump. And I blame Xi.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So yes, I blame Trump. And I blame Xi.
    Men are too emotional to lead, as I said.

Why is it that the best COVID responses have invariably been led by women?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump already took it... he claimed he took a regiment... he still got it... why aren’t you saying he will fest, since you claimed it cured your covid?
    I guess we'll see if he has any symptoms and how long it takes to burn through his system. Took me less than 24 hours without hydroxychloroquine.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-02 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling