Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Hope not, then his fanatical supporters will go into
    Mass shooting mode.
    They've been in that mode ever since Trump was elected. Trump supporters are both sore losers and sore winners.

10+ Year Old Account

I could have taken that from Biden's twitter directly. But I wanted to make a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am feeling more confident his chances are improving.
    I mean...you're entitled to your opinion, but there really hasn't been much of a change in Biden's 7+ point lead for months.

New polls feed GOP fears of Biden rout over Trump

New polls suggest Democratic nominee Joe Biden has a shot at blowing out President Trump in the Electoral College, which would have disastrous repercussions for a Republican Party desperately working to protect its Senate majority.

The surveys were released before Trump and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the coronavirus, extraordinary news with uncertain implications for the race.

The news could pull Trump from the campaign trail at a critical point in the race, but it also raises questions about the health of the president and the stability of his administration.

Before that news, Trump was already having a terrible week at the polls.

A new Quinnipiac University survey of South Carolina, which Trump carried by 14 points in 2016, finds him clinging to a 1-point lead. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is getting swamped on the airwaves by Democrat Jaime Harrison and Senate Republicans have been forced to redirect millions of dollars into that race.

In Alaska, where the president triumphed by 15 points in the last election, Trump and Biden are in a statistical dead heat, according to new data from Harstad Strategic Research. Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska) is trying to hold on against Democrat Al Gross in a state that hasn’t gone for the Democratic presidential nominee in 56 years.

Those polls come as Biden on Wednesday took a small lead in the FiveThirtyEight average of polls in Iowa, where Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) is fighting for her political life against Democrat Theresa Greenfield. Trump carried the state by 9 points in 2016.

The polls show the presidential race is a toss-up in Georgia, a historically red state with two competitive Senate races this cycle.

A new post-debate survey from CNBC released on Thursday put Biden’s national lead at 13 points over Trump, a landslide margin. Republicans — many of whom were appalled by the president’s debate showing on Tuesday — are growing worried that Trump will lose in a rout and take the GOP’s Senate majority with him.
    Also, I'm not sure that law and order is going to be the focus topic for a while. I think it's going to be "COVID is so commonplace that even Trump got it". You're hyping the live-action Avatar the Last Airbender for its soundtrack.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    They've been in that mode ever since Trump was elected. Trump supporters are both sore losers and sore winners.
    We have been more on the winning side however. I will not have a melt down if Biden wins. I will hope he does well for the country, stays safe. I will be disappointed of course and will continue to speak out and make disagreeing posts on his political policies.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Reporters doing some contact tracing....

Possible that the Amy Comey Barrett nomination announcement on Saturday was a COVID superspreader event. The Trumps, Hicks, and Sen Lee all there and all infected and showing symptoms in the 5-7 day window from exposure when they most commonly occur.

BREAKING: Notre Dame President Fr. John Jenkins, who was at the WH SCOTUS announcement on Saturday and was criticized for not wearing a mask and shaking hands, has tested positive for COVID-19.

Can't wait for conservatives to ask why God has bias against Integralists.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That could be a tricky spin. Could be seen as "well, there's a vaccine for rich people..".
    He'd say it's proof of his 'Right to try' thing thing push it to the be accelerated/release even if only for optics.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ive/index.html

An internal memo from the White House Correspondents Association board to reporters says there are "two additional cases of COVID-19 at the White House."

The memo, obtained by CNN's Brian Stelter, says members of the media are being notified "so that you can make informed judgements."

A journalist who was tested "as part of today's in-house pool" received a preliminary positive result. And a White House staffer who sits in the "lower press" area of the West Wing received a confirmed positive result on Friday morning.

"All other journalists tested today tested negative," according to the memo.

The correspondents association board said "we can't stress enough the importance of mask-wearing, social distancing and common sense, especially on the White House complex."

"Additionally," the board said, "we are again asking journalists who are not in the pool and do not have an enclosed workspace to refrain from working out of the White House at this time."

Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the correspondents association has taken a more proactive position than the Trump administration and has encouraged journalists to take common sense precautions while covering the administration.
    So uh...maybe everyone in the WH, including press, should like, remote work for a while. Because it's sure seeming like that the WH is turning into a den of disease.

Pelosi; Pelosi calls on airlines to hold off on furloughs, says agreement on relief is imminent

Pelosi said that Congress will either enact House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Peter DeFazio's (D-Ore.) stand-alone legislation that assists the airlines or relief will come in the form of a negotiated bill. She added both options would extend the Payroll Support Program (PSP) by six months.

House Democrats' $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief package included the $25 billion for airlines, and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has endorsed extending the PSP. He called on Congress this week to do so as part of broader talks over a fifth coronavirus relief bill.

-----
    *sigh*
    A separate bill doesn't help the unemployed. It just keeps those in the airline industry from joining those unemployed.
    Have to admit the optics aren't bad however.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of this means I think Trump is going to win reelection. But I am feeling more confident his chances are improving.
    I believe it will be much closer than some think, but IMO, Biden still seems to have the lead and this whole COVID thing certainly won't help Trump.

5+ Year Old Account
    We have been more on the winning side however. I will not have a melt down if Biden wins. I will hope he does well for the country, stays safe. I will be disappointed of course and will continue to speak out and make disagreeing posts on his political policies.
    Good to know you view deaths as winning, I truly hope the after life is real and has a proper system of fairness.

And despite those wins many Republicans still feel the need to be violent and or make threats. It's like you all aren't satisfied unless you're hurting and killing people.

New poll from Harvard I found interesting.....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/har...rder-messaging

SNIP.
    Shit no wonder you post so little anymore, you are spending hours upon hours looking for any poll you can spin as positive for Trump election chances.

How sad the polls you post while ignoring the 99%.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you will.
    It will be 4-8 years of meltdowns, bitching, moaning just like you did under Obama.

Man cannot even be honest about the little things can you
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    If Trump does die and his administration is in-fighting like someone else claimed, what would stop China from attacking us at that moment. Being totally serious here.
    Countries with nuclear bombs don’t fully attack other countries with nuclear bombs it’s the stupidest thing you could do. I expect Trump to make a full recovery. He’s much healthier and energetic than Biden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Countries with nuclear bombs don’t fully attack other countries with nuclear bombs it’s the stupidest thing you could do. I expect Trump to make a full recovery. He’s much healthier and energetic than Biden.
    But Biden didn't catch COVID. Now did he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    Obesity = healthy? When was that announced by the medical community?

I expect Trump to make a full recovery. He’s much healthier and energetic than Biden.
    Trump is so obese he can't take a flight of stairs not to mention taking medication for a number of health issues. You guys are so blind as to think that Trump is healthy? he is the only world leader that needed a golf cart get around summits because he can't walk for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect Trump to make a full recovery. He’s much healthier and energetic than Biden.
    Wut?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Wut?

I legit want to see Trump try to ride a bike. He doesn't even need to wear a mask or try to multi-task by riding and talking. Just ride a bike around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran... I ran down that ramp... looked very handsome... Iran!!!

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I ran... I ran down that ramp... looked very handsome... Iran!!!
    Fuck I forgot how much this song slaps. The songify people have picked up the baton from Peter Serafinowicz and his "Sassy Trump" in being the only people that can make listening to Trump tolerable, or even enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck I forgot how much this song slaps. The songify people have picked up the baton from Peter Serafinowicz and his "Sassy Trump" in being the only people that can make listening to Trump tolerable, or even enjoyable.
    At the 1:04 point of that video:

Trump: That ramp was at least 10 feet long.
    Reporter: I’m sorry, I asked about covid...
    Trump: You will have a surprise very soon...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi