Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://abc57.com/news/congresswoman...y-over-weekend

In the middle of a pandemic? Have a base that flouts basic safety and best-practices rules? WHAT A BETTER TIME TO GO HUG AND GLADHAND FOLKS WITHOUT WEARING A MASK OR TAKING ANY PRECAUTIONS, IN A LOCATION WHERE CASES ARE INCREASING.

Vote these members of the fucking death cult out of office. Republican candidates sure seem like they want to infect as many people as possible.
    And those people like Trump risk getting Covid for a second time. Covid reinfection: Man gets Covid twice and second hit 'more severe', this happened to a man in Nevada according to the article.

https://thehill.com/homenews/520813-...us-response-in

"By doing this against my will they are, in effect, harassing me," Fauci told the Daily Beast in a story published Tuesday. "Since campaign ads are about getting votes, their harassment of me might have the opposite effect of turning some voters off."
    It seems like Dr. Fauci is getting more and more frustrated with the Trump campaign continuing to use his words out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    You are wasting bandwidth.

1st day of early voting brings long lines in Houston area

Voters in Houston lining up at 5 am. Again hats off to them.

Geez. If they did this crap in Cook county, which is one the only ones bigger in population than Harris, it would definately demoralize me. Thankfully there is no suppression here, you can trip and find a polling place, even early voting places are plentiful.

I will never understand how they manage to make the lines 11 hours long. Even with all the ratfuckery...

I voted in every single election for nearly 2 decades now and never had to wait even 5min...
    Even if they would close 95% of polling stations here in Germany I cannot see lines longer than 1-2 hours. How do you get to 11 hours? Do voters read up on candidates while in the voting booth or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    I will never understand how they manage to make the lines 11 hours long. Even with all the ratfuckery...

I voted in every single election for nearly 2 decades now and never had to wait even 5min...
    Even if they would close 95% of polling stations here in Germany I cannot see lines longer than 1-2 hours. How do you get to 11 hours? Do voters read up on candidates while in the voting booth or what?
    It's a combination of only having one polling center for a huge amount of people and then understaffing that one polling center.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Shocking to see such rigorous groupthink from these guys. The copying of words and aesthetic choices is uncanny.

Anyone know, does misskobayashi roughly translate into archangel?

Asking for a friend.
    Ahh, yes, the burner accounts, the plagiarism, and even the threats of murder. It's rather amazing what some people get away with.

10+ Year Old Account

Europeans cannot conceptualize how awful Republicans are. Their commitment to ratfucking runs deep, it's been a thing since the Southern Strategy.
    Oh you dont know what the Southern Strategy is ....? Awww fuck /sarcasm /hyperbole

It's worse than trying to explain how long the drive from LA to San Francisco is.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    In their haste to fuck the country, the GOP underestimated the repercussion their actions would have on a generally quite part of the population: they've managed to piss off Millennials and GenZ:
    https://abc13.com/early-voting-texas...-bank/6992330/
    While you're out voting, be sure to thank the student poll workers.

The Harris County Clerk's Office says they hired about 1,700 student election workers to help out with early voting, Election Day and election night drop offs.

Some of these students are not even old enough to vote yet, but applied for the positions and said they wanted to help out and be part of the election process.

Virtual training was held a few months ago, and students learned how to assemble voting machines and operate voting equipment. At least one student will be at each polling location.

ABC13 spoke to three students, who are all 17 years old and incredibly passionate about their role in helping with this election.

"You have to appreciate the system of democracy, and to keep that system going, I decided to help out and do my part," said high school junior Cameron Dyptan.

"I'm going to help set up electronics and make sure everything is working and functional and monitor the lines and have a count of everyone that's there," said Taylor O'Sullivan, a high school senior.

"The student election program has been getting more and more popular. According to the Harris County Clerk's Office, they saw a 43% jump in applications from students since the Nov. 2019 elections, and these students are also earning some extra money for their time.

"I'm very interested in politics, and I took debate class in high school, and I'm still taking it, and we go over US politics all the time," said high school junior Alexander Dyptan.
    This is in Texas. The current turnout is absolutely unheard of, destroying every expectation, just about everywhere.

It depends on where you are. Republicans make it so it's so difficult, where there is 1 polling place for miles, understaff with voting machinery that is decades out of date, and many times malfunctions, all in an attempt for people to see the day long waiting line, and say fuck it, i'm out, which means less people voting means republicans can keep power and keep doing just this.

Or you go to democrat super strongholds, like Chicago, where I'm in a similar situation as you, never had to wait for 5 minutes

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    In their haste to fuck the country, the GOP underestimated the repercussion their actions would have on a generally quite part of the population: they've managed to piss off Millennials and GenZ:
    https://abc13.com/early-voting-texas...-bank/6992330/

This is in Texas. The current turnout is absolutely unheard of, destroying every expectation, just about everywhere.
    What did these GOP fools expect? For their old voter bases to live forever?

Not to mention ,as most of us here know, their polices have done nothing but make the future of Millennials and GenZ harder.

Especially with regards to climate disasters.

https://abc13.com/politics/harris-co...wsuit/7000122/

Early voting going on in TX, with Harris County setting up drive-thru ballot dropoffs.

As expected, Republicans are challenging these in court and trying to close them down because Republicans don't want people voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    What did these GOP fools expect? For their old voter bases to live forever?

Not to mention ,as most of us here know, their polices have done nothing but make the future of Millennials and GenZ harder.

Especially with regards to climate disasters.
    No they expected them to die for the economy.

...Which ironically has turned their old base against them, with the 65+ range leaning ever so slightly in Biden's favor. Weird how telling retirees who worked and payed taxes (coughTrumpcough) their whole lives that they can just fuck off and die isn't exactly popular.

Europeans cannot conceptualize how awful Republicans are. Their commitment to ratfucking runs deep, it's been a thing since the Southern Strategy.
    Oh you dont know what the Southern Strategy is ....? Awww fuck /sarcasm /hyperbole

It's worse than trying to explain how long the drive from LA to San Francisco is.
    Yeah I know all that stuff, since I read a lot about US politics.
    Even then 11hours seems impossible long.

I guess I didn't account for voting machines. No idea how much more time it takes to vote with those instead of just on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://abc13.com/politics/harris-co...wsuit/7000122/

Early voting going on in TX, with Harris County setting up drive-thru ballot dropoffs.

As expected, Republicans are challenging these in court and trying to close them down because Republicans don't want people voting.
    Texas GOP needs to suppress the voters turnout in Texas most urban counties. Otherwise they are in deep trouble.

The prolonged drought in Texas had decimated the farming industry. Which in turn destroyed the rural communities. The “big empty” traditionally refers to the plains east of Lubbock. But the nickname is equally apt to describe far west Texas which is littered with dying and abandoned towns.

The current downturn of the oil economy is doing the same to oil & gas regions which are the GOP stronghold in Texas.

It's actually crazy the turnout even for volunteering for this election. In 2016 I worked with the ACLU and did election/poll coverage in Pittsburgh, in 2012 (when I was still in NYC) I did it in Philly, in 2008 when I was in Boston, I did it in D.C./Baltimore....all these times we fielded poll watchers, and fielded calls on suspected voter suppression.

I'm set up to go to Pittsburgh again, and this time there's like TRIPLE the people going. I'm not sure if this is because the ACLU anticipates more tomfuckery (there was plenty in outlying areas of PA in 2016 as it is), or if the enthusiasm for making sure said tomfuckery doesn't happen is just up that much more, but holy shit there's a wave of grimly determined people ready to make sure this election isn't fucked with. I may still be sent to Ohio at this point, seeing as I've been doing this for 4 cycles now, and Ohio is like tomfuckery central, at least in the upper Midwest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to say, some good people on this forum. As a lazy asshole, just wanted to say that. Your work is appreciated...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The United States Postal Service’s inspector general is investigating the agency’s failure to update at least 1.8 million changes of address in a national database in August, just as many states were preparing to send out mail-in ballots for the November election.

Reminder that DeJoy is ratfucking the USPS. If you don't receive your ballot soon, get in touch with the Secretary of State office for your state and request that they send one to your current address.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's actually crazy the turnout even for volunteering for this election. In 2016 I worked with the ACLU and did election/poll coverage in Pittsburgh, in 2012 (when I was still in NYC) I did it in Philly, in 2008 when I was in Boston, I did it in D.C./Baltimore....all these times we fielded poll watchers, and fielded calls on suspected voter suppression.

I'm set up to go to Pittsburgh again, and this time there's like TRIPLE the people going. I'm not sure if this is because the ACLU anticipates more tomfuckery (there was plenty in outlying areas of PA in 2016 as it is), or if the enthusiasm for making sure said tomfuckery doesn't happen is just up that much more, but holy shit there's a wave of grimly determined people ready to make sure this election isn't fucked with. I may still be sent to Ohio at this point, seeing as I've been doing this for 4 cycles now, and Ohio is like tomfuckery central, at least in the upper Midwest.
    Trump presidency is a great example of what happens when you don’t exercise your right to vote and fall to the propaganda of voting doesn’t count.

To make it more clear to lurkers, 218,000+ preventable deaths.

Vote or die rings true.

10+ Year Old Account

Europeans don't understand how awful Republicans are because they don't understand that Republicans are representative of the legacy of the oppressive colonial policies Europeans employed in their empires - or if they do, they don't relate that to the fact that both major instances of totalitarianism on the continent in the past century have both been domestic manifestations of those same policies.

Or, more directly - the Shoah, the Holomdor, and the Iron Curtain are all the end product of European nationalists domestically importing the same policies that had been tried and tested overseas in the centuries prior in colonies including the United States. The modern Republican Party represents the legacy interests of that colonial ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/statu...3618422235138?

Mitt Romney's attempt to cosplay Susan Collins is pretty weak, IMO.