10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not exactly. The states in red are where faithless electors are illegal and SCOTUS says those states are allowed to punish their faithless voters in accordance to the state's laws.

And is any elector willing to risk the wrath of 75,000,000 Americans?

I've said this before, if Joe Biden is legally elected (which he has been) and some shenanigans keep Trump in office, like electors turning faithless, there will be riots in the street.

And there should be riots in the street.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And of course it's not over.

Graham vows Senate Judiciary will investigate 'voting irregularities'

Anyone want to bet there are only "voting irregularities" in states that went blue by just a little bit? And not, say, any due to voter intimidation or bomb threats by Trump supporters?
    It will be in charge of his wife, of course.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Anyone want to bet there are only "voting irregularities" in states that went blue by just a little bit? And not, say, any due to voter intimidation or bomb threats by Trump supporters?
    Let em investigate. This election has gone buttery smooth. I'm sure their investigation into the election will go as well for them as the investigation into hunter biden went for them, or their intelligence investigation of trump and russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I don't get the sentiment at all. 4 years ago, was a sad day. we've had a lot of cleaning up for 200+ years. Today is the opposite of sad day,.
    Trump has always been a symptom of a bigger disease. The illness is still there, even if Trump is not, and him being this popular shows it's not going to get cured any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Wait,, is that four seasons thing real? It's too funny..stop
    Yes. If you can stomach watching it, there is even a point where Giuliani is told about all the networks calling it (y'know, during his speech in the dirty landscaping company's parking lot) and he does some weird crazy pivot. It's hilarious.

What in Gods name does Trump have on that man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    If the rumors are true, the same thing I have in his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And is any elector willing to risk the wrath of 75,000,000 Americans?

I've said this before, if Joe Biden is legally elected (which he has been) and some shenanigans keep Trump in office, like electors turning faithless, there will be riots in the street.

And there should be riots in the street.
    AZ has been called. once it's certified, biden has 270 electors who legally can not be faithless. If they are faithless their votes are removed, and a new elector is elected to give the right vote. that is the law in all those states.

I don't get the sentiment at all. 4 years ago, was a sad day. we've had a lot of cleaning up for 200+ years. Today is the opposite of sad day,.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    One step at a time. A Biden victory is that first step. Tying up the senate is a pretty big leap, but that’s next up. And hopefully Biden and the democrats mobilize themselves to descend on Georgia to register and encourage as many people to vote as possible over the next few months. Pull out all the stops.
    As I already said: I'm ecstatic. It just also can't be forgotten that there's a lot more work to do and a more long-term struggle ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Trump has always been a symptom of a bigger disease. The illness is still there, even if Trump is not, and him being this popular shows it's not going to get cured any time soon.
    200+ years my dude. We've been fighting this war for 200+ years. Any one who thought it was gonna be cured anytime soon is simply delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world celebrates.

Fireworks and other displays of relief in every time zone not 100% inhabited by fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie. I'm a little upset I got Georgia wrong. Almost called every state.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    As I already said: I'm ecstatic. It just also can't be forgotten that there's a lot more work to do and a more long-term struggle ahead.
    Trump's legal attacks are surely next. He also has illegal actions, like demanding violence, sending in troops, etc etc.

Hopefully the rest of the GOP sees this as bad enough to finally step in,

I get that they're going to try stuff, but the chances of anything changing are near-zero. The only case we have similar to this (in 2000) was a single state with a <1000 vote differential (I think? too lazy to look it up) where the courts clearly said they were not setting precedent. In the current-year-of-our-Lord 2020 we have multiple states with tens of thousands of votes in favor of Biden, with a SCOTUS that isn't shy about not giving Trump every case, and that would definitely not want to set any precedent. We already have other countries sending congratulations...it just wouldn't be a good look for America to shake it all up unless actual fraud evidence is found, which is even less likely, and that is actually very important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey check it out, Trump got the crowd size he wanted!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    He's definitely not gay, and has definitely never molested any children, I don't know why anyone would ever suggest either.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not going to lie. I'm a little upset I got Georgia wrong. Almost called every state.
    I was off by one. I got lucky in GA because it is my home state so I'm always going to believe in it, but for some reason I thought there was hope in FL. I guess I was going with emotion after being so moved by Obama's Miami speech but yeah FL is pretty out of reach. Probably have Sanders to thank for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Can he be pardoned without charge? Like if they don't file charges until he's out of office can he preemptively pardon himself?
    I don't see how that happening as there's nothing to pardon until someone has been convicted, and that won't happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yes our 200+ year long struggle will continue. today we won the battle. we are going to incrementally continue to slowly win the war. today was a happy day for anyone who is fighting against oppression, hatred, bigotry etc. who the fuck is sad today, oh yeah, trumpers. no one has forgotten the war. it's just laughable to call it a sad day.

edit- btw i'm not laughable at you, just that guy i originally responded to. I have much respect for you my friend.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-07 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AZ has been called. once it's certified, biden has 270 electors who legally can not be faithless. If they are faithless their votes are removed, and a new elector is elected to give the right vote. that is the law in all those states.
    Yeah I'm not terribly worried about it. Biden will be inaugurated on Jan 20th. There's nothing Trump can do but whine . . .

And incite chaos and steal all the copper from the WH walls . . .
    Putin khuliyo