Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This scares me....
    Its not working.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But if it does work Trump could fuck up the December certification....
    If Team Trump successfully executes a coup, by which I mean overturning an election without any actual legal standing (i.e. no proof of fraud actually submitted) the rest of the world needs to cut us off 100%.

The United States is too strong of a country for the world to allow us to be a dictatorship. It needs to be a complete slam the door, starve us out approach. Anything else, and Trump would be rewarded for stealing an election with legitimacy.

I mean, I'm fucking terrified.

You know, anyone of a religious bent ought to be a bit concerned about how a lot of the GOP leadership seems to be rotting to pieces before our very eyes. Trump, McConnell, Giuliani. Hell, even Pence has flies landing on him unnoticed. The Four Hoarse Men.

What I don't understand is that in 2016 he explained the difference by illegal voters...it was a shitty defense but why not keeping it ? Why do you need to change your excuse every 5 minutes. Illegal voters, dead voters, people being asked to change their vote, hacking, refusal of mail ballots...just stick with one outrageous claim, this is just embarassing.

I'm not American, so I don't really know the GOP well beside Donald Trump inner circle.
    I know federal agencies are disputing his claims and it is reassuring but are there some republican nominees that don't spew lies and take a stand against DT's recent actions ? Or are they all enabling him ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I mean, I'm fucking terrified.
    I'm not.

What the fuck are the GOP going to do?

Seriously, the military already said they weren't getting involved, and the places that voted Biden make up 70+% of the U.S. economy.

Just cut off the Trump supporting states until they starve and come back crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm not.

Seriously, the military already said they weren't getting involved, and the places that voted Biden make up 70+% of the U.S. economy.

Just cut off the Trump supporting states until they starve and come back crawling.
    The play is that they try to get Republican legislatures to send their own electors and ignore how their states voted.

It's unlikely to work, but that's the play and they're playing hardball.

15+ Year Old Account
    Giuliani looks like he just got off the phone with Mr. Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Fuuuuck I wanted to make this joke but I couldn't remember the name "Mr. Shadow". Curse you, aging brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

This is so incredibly perfect and I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The play is that they try to get Republican legislatures to send their own electors and ignore how their states voted.

It's unlikely to work, but that's the play and they're playing hardball.
    Ok, and even if they succeed then what? The million MAGA March turned out to be a couple thousand boomers. What hope do they have on seizing power and actually holding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few bits in this Reuters artcle that we might have missed.

1) Those two Michigan GOP members who voted to obstruct the vote, then took it back, and now want to take back the take back OH GOD INCEPTION, are saying their original take back was due to "pressure". Then one admitted Trump called...which I think counts as "pressure".

2) Appreantly Giuliani announced they were dropping a lawsuit in Michigan.

3) The Georgia official who is in charge of the recount told FOX News

The good part was: the audit did its job. The recount is going great.
    He also confirmed that Biden was still going to win, and any claims otherwise were “wild mischaracterizations". On FOX News.

4) This bullshit:

In Wisconsin, the Trump campaign has paid for or a partial recount, even though election officials there say that will likely only add to Biden’s 20,000-vote advantage in a state that carries 10 electoral votes.
    5) This bullshit:

Arizona’s top election official, Democrat Katie Hobbs, said she and her family had been getting violent threats and urged Trump to stop casting doubt on the result, in which he lost by just over 10,000 votes.
    Again, I'm pretty sure I've personally cited far more cases of "Trump voters making death threats" than whatever Giuliani or those Michigan people were talking about. There is no reasonable way to say the violence is a Democrat issue, when all evidence shows the rabid fanbase are the ones doing most of it.

Also, sidenote, let's say those Michigan GOP people were actually threatened. That's terrorism, and it has no place here. But um...I can't help but notice that, of all the claims of (death) threats we've heard about this election, again most of them by Trump supporters...why are those two the only two who gave into it? And, like, admitted to it? And it happened in the five minutes the Zoom call was off, apparently.

Look I'm not encouraging terrorism, quite the opposite, if you can only make your point through threats and violence you don't have a point. But what I'm saying, is that those two GOP members are, somehow, the only ones to cave to terrorist demands, they admitted they did so in public, and 24 hours later they want to change their mind...yeah, I'm saying their story is false. If they were that scared for their lives, they wouldn't have both tried to take back the take back so quickly. I think they're lying.

Ok, and even if they succeed then what? The million MAGA March turned out to be a couple thousand boomers. What hope do they have on seizing power and actually holding it.
    Because the theory is they'll have the power of the law behind them, so the number of people protesting for/against is irrelevant.

It's a crackpot theory, and one that would absolutely result in massive sustained protests, likely with violence. But that benefits their narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Why do you need to change your excuse every 5 minutes.
    To be fair, they're not changing it, they just keep adding to it. Biden's lead keeps growing with basically every completed county or recount. The only way the Prisone-Elect could have lost, they're claiming, is if Democrats did all of this. Because, according to them, Trump won, and all the votes that made Biden win are illegal. But 3-5 million illegal immigrants voting wouldn't be enough, it apparently now requires dead German Venezuelan communist ballots from Black Lives Antifa.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not.

What they are doing is delaying the Certification Process for states that went for Biden through multiple legal challenges to various counties/states vote tallying. So far those efforts have been largely unsuccessful.

However, if they can do this successfully and force states to miss the December deadline, there [potentially] wouldn't be enough Electoral Votes for Biden to hit 270 and the win. If that happens, the United States would be thrust into what legal expects delightfully call a Constitutional Crisis. Because if the Election isn't certified, it goes to the House of Representatives. And in that scenario, EACH STATE gets one vote, and the winner is the President. Currently the GOP holds more states than the Democrats (even though the Democrats hold the majority in the House).

That is the nightmare scenario - and I don't think we're out of the woods yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    What I don't understand is that in 2016 he explained the difference by illegal voters...it was a shitty defense but why not keeping it ? Why do you need to change your excuse every 5 minutes. Illegal voters, dead voters, people being asked to change their vote, hacking, refusal of mail ballots...just stick with one outrageous claim, this is just embarassing.

I'm not American, so I don't really know the GOP well beside Donald Trump inner circle.
    I know federal agencies are disputing his claims and it is reassuring but are there some republican nominees that don't spew lies and take a stand against DT's recent actions ? Or are they all enabling him ?
    The GOP are largely just remaining silent.

They need both trump supporters and their more mentally stable constituents to remain in power. Meaning they can’t say trump is wrong for risk of alienating trumps sycophants, and can’t directly support his contests of the results because it’ll likely put off more sane voters and also delegitimizes the process they need their supporters to believe in at least enough to vote them back into power.

But of course, by saying nothing, they might as well be endorsing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    However, if they can do this successfully and force states to miss the December deadline, there [potentially] wouldn't be enough Electoral Votes for Biden to hit 270 and the win.
    This really does appear to be the only option they have left. They didn't win the votes honestly, the recounts aren't helping, and they've lost effectively every court case they've filed so far.

Your nightmare scenario will require multiple state GOP legislatures to get together and ask "Is Trump really worth starting a civil war over?" and somehow all decide the answer is "yes". Without proof that stands up in public, and without proof that stands up in court. "We want Trump to win because reasons".

I agree, it's still an option. And the states don't certify their votes until specific deadlines later.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ating-hair-dye

For your nightmarish viewing pleasure, Buzzfeed has compiled a listicle of 16 images of Rudy Giuliani sweating out his cheap hair dye.

I'm not.

Also since the dems control the house they can simply refuse to fund anything and also refuse to seat any GOP rep. The govt could basically be ground to a total halt until/unless the vote of the populace is honored.