10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'd wager this election has probably permanently changed the face of elections from here on out
    It already has.

Throughout the CPAC conference that began Thursday night, delegates, speakers and video presentations alleged a number of problems with the 2020 election, most dealing with mail-in ballots – and all without proof.

The conference program featured a seven-part series on "Protecting Elections," including a session on how "The Left Pulled The Strings" and "Covered It Up."

The country's largest annual gathering of conservative activists, CPAC participants talk about lots of issues they hope to use in future elections.

A parade of speakers and panels on Saturday dealt with items like immigration, abortion, the nuclear family, energy policy, and fighting China, all featuring attacks on the new Biden administration. One panel asked "Who's Really Running The Biden Administration?"

In between speeches, an oft-repeated video asked delegates: "Are Your Votes Being Distorted?"

In the weeks after Election Day on Nov. 3, judges and state election officials, including many Republicans, rejected the protests of Trump and his allies about the election results. Undeterred, Trump-ites at CPAC still complained about things like mass-mailed ballots, signature comparisons, and drop boxes.

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., drew a standing ovation on Friday when he mentioned his objection to the counting of the electoral votes that elected Biden.

"I stood up," Hawley told CPAC delegates. "I said, ‘we ought to have a debate about election integrity.'"

Daniel Wessel, a spokesman for the Democratic National Committee, said CPAC proves that Republicans would rather complain about 2020 than work on the nation's real problems, like the COVID-19 pandemic. "Republicans are focused on spreading the same dangerous lies that led to a deadly insurrection on our Capitol," Wessel said.]
    All of us, including Republicans, know that the Republicans have done everything in their power to stay in power, with fewer votes. That's why they suppress turnout. That's why they demand ID. That's why they close polling stations where (cough) "certain people" live. And the big one until recently, that's why they gerrymander, which I'm willing to bet is done by both sides but by Republicans more. And now, they have another tactic: just get fewer votes and still claim they've won, resorting to violence and murder.

Expect to see it in 2022. Expect to see it in 2024.

"But Breccia, it didn't work!"

Didn't it? Already we have people like McConnell saying in public he'd back Trump in 2024. Yes, the same Trump who incited a murderous insurrection. Because the other options are

a) getting his party with the times, and having it focus on things Americans actually want, or

b) just admitting you lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "But Breccia, it didn't work!"

Didn't it? Already we have people like McConnell saying in public he'd back Trump in 2024. Yes, the same Trump who incited a murderous insurrection. Because the other options are

a) getting his party with the times, and having it focus on things Americans actually want, or

b) just admitting you lost.
    This whole thing of the turtle saying he'd back the shitstain again just shows that McConnell approves of the insurrection. The Democrats need to grow some balls and actually hold these congress-people accountable. They're just as responsible for it all as Trump is because they let it happen, they approved of it and let it fester.

5+ Year Old Account
    As stated, this thread is now closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."