Page 1 of 3
LastLast

A Note About BlizzCon

A Note About BlizzCon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Hello Blizzard community,

A gaming convention is probably the last thing on most people’s minds right now, and that goes for many of us at Blizzard too. As events around the world announce cancellations, postponements, or shifts to an online format in response to COVID-19, we’re seeing questions about our plans for this year’s BlizzCon and we want to provide a quick update.

We love BlizzCon, and we know many of you share that feeling and look forward to it as an opportunity to get away for a while, meet up with friends, and have a good time. As so many of us have been isolated for multiple weeks now, surrounded and in some cases directly impacted by the ongoing pandemic-related challenges around the world, we’re looking forward to the time when we can see one another again in person and have something to celebrate together.

While we’re all hopeful things will look better later in the year, the bottom line is that at this point it’s too early to know whether BlizzCon 2020 will be feasible. The health of our community, employees, and everyone who helps with the show is our top consideration. It might be a few months before we know for certain if or how we’ll proceed, but as soon as we have a meaningful update, we’ll share it.

We do want to mention that prior to the recent events we had been actively working to finalize our plans and in fact are still doing so, despite the workplace changes we’ve now made at Blizzard. That includes considering a range of scenarios and possibilities, not just in terms of the show, but also regarding what the experience would be for you. We know BlizzCon also involves preparation on your part, so we’ll do our best to provide as much clarity as we can, as quickly as we can.

In the meantime, please be good to one another, stay well, and know that we’re holding everyone impacted by COVID-19 in our thoughts.

Saralyn Smith
    Fury Warrior, Executive Producer of BlizzCon

10+ Year Old Account
    What a bunch of crap lies... All they carve for is money...

It's best to just play it safe. 2020 is already a write-off.

Just gief us Shadowlands as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Just like ANYONE else. Good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are they carving for all that money is my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

7+ Year Old Account
    While money is obviously on their mind, I do appreciate that they are being careful with this and want everyone safe.

I find it funny when people say this.

Logically, the best way to make money is to make a game that most people will enjoy. Therefor customer satisfaction is the most important thing for them to consider.

November is a long way away, we'll see how the situation is then, but I'd imagine they will be able to do blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post

Logically, the best way to make money is to make a game that most people will enjoy. Therefor customer satisfaction is the most important thing for them to consider.

November is a long way away, we'll see how the situation is then, but I'd imagine they will be able to do blizzcon.
    I think people forget for blizzard to make more money the fans have to be alive in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just move BlizzCon to the internet. Just have live streams or put together pre-recorded videos and stick em on YouTube. Make the tickets to watch significantly cheaper and axe the physical nonsense altogether.

How is any of this a lie? They sent their employees home to with work, as well as gave them supplies to help, not making promises for a con in November while staying optimistic that they should continue their planning.I think at this point you see a blue post and just instantly jump to Blizz bad. They could literally come out and say we have a building we work in and there are computers in that building and you would still say they are Lying.

obvious troll is obvious

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hope they can do something online at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Single Minded Fury, from a fellow Fury warrior. <3

Hope it will still happen.. just online is also ok.. please don’t cancel it!! As most of the fans have only been able to follow it through virtual ticket the last years there should be a way to provide the same fun for us without physical attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post

Logically, the best way to make money is to make a game that most people will enjoy.
    While I 100% don't agree with this guy (he looks like a troll just placing very easy bait) I would contest this point. Companies revenue streams no longer are based on how many games they sell. They are based on subs (including the seasonal pass subs of games like Fortnite/Apex), and microtransactions. You don't need to make an amazing game for people to keep paying and playing. You just need to make something that hooks people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellyel View Post
    obvious troll is obvious
    My thoughts exactly lol. Guy doesn't deserve a reply - just a troll with no life laying easy bait.

They are a business.. Of course they are going to want money, but I am glad they are still planning and are willing to put a hold on Blizzcon for the safety of everyone that wants to attend.

If they cancel Bizzcon, they could still everything by stream.

They could always do it a Virtual one just for this year for unveilings, Q&As, etc.

YEA!!! How dare this (checks notes) Video game company want to make money with its video games. They should do it all free!!!!

“We don’t know what we’re doing yet” is a lie? So you think they have made a decision and are withholding that information, then? Because unicorns and magical faeries?

Money is king, who cares about the community and fans? Sadly not Blizzard. I want my old Blizzard back!