Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    It's good and disheartening to see people in the same boat that I'm in. I've been subbed every day since November 23rd, 2004. No lapses in payment and no bans of any kind. I actually got in the very first wave of Alpha for BfA so I thought my chances were pretty good again for Shadowlands. When Ion stated in the interview that those in my position would get in first (or something to that degree) that raised my hopes up even more, which is why I'm probably more disappointed than usual.
    The two? waves have been very small so far and one of those was dominated by content creators. I wouldn't take it personally. Perhaps they're just taking a little longer this time to get to the ever present folks. This alpha hasn't been like their standard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    Invites have gone out for the first wave it looks like.

I've been subbed every month since November 23rd, 2004 and didn't get an invite. So much for taking care of long standing players huh?
    I got in BFA's beta back then. So this means that you need:

- To have played for the first time roughly 6 months after the game's initial release and not to even have reached level 50 in vanilla before quitting,
    - To almost never have remained subbed more than 3 consecutive months or so,
    - And to be perma banned from the official forums (well, technically it's a temporary ban until the 1st january 3000)

Hope this helps.

Seriously, though, as someone else pointed out, if they want beta testing to have any value beyond the purely technical aspects, they can't just include only the most die hard loyal players. They need to get the people who left to know what they think, since one of their goal has to be to re-acquire former players, so they need those players feedback.
    Last edited by wraysbury; 2020-04-28 at 03:38 PM.