Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you think about the Bastion?

I mean, what do you think about his angelic theme? Does this make Warcraft look more like Diablo (even if the angels here are not sworn enemies of the demons).

Certainly feels like something other than WoW, and I think that's a great thing.
    Felt the same way about Pandaria and ended up loving the end result.

Just gotta wait to see what they do with characters, because Uther's involvement in the zone was very surprising.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You mean the angelic theme we've had since Legion (Stormheim)? I really like it. I love angelic aesthetics as well as the general holier than thou attitude that angels have. I'd like to play a kyrian actually.

Also Diablo angels are completely different. They are not smurfs. Even the High Heavens have completely different aesthetics from Bastion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You mean the angelic theme we've had since Legion (Stormheim)? I really like it. I love angelic aesthetics as well as the general holier than thou attitude that angels have. I'd like to play a kyrian actually.

Also Diablo angels are completely different. They are not smurfs. Even the High Heavens have completely different aesthetics from Bastion.
    I understand that angelic themes in Warcraft have long been. In fact, angels are mentioned in Warcraft 1.
    In Warcraft 3, an angel appeared at Paladin's Ultimate. And from the classics we have the Val'kyrs and the Gurdians of Ancient Kings at the paladins.
    But now we have a whole separate mini-kingdom of angels and we are shown that all previous angelic beings descended from these Kyrians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Yet another honor/valor based afterlife". Yay.

No. Still feels like Warcraft to me.

Not really, Diablo heaven was quite different aside from somewhat similar aesthetics. This feels fairly new to me, more of an elysian fields afterlife than anything else, which I dont think Blizz has done in any game before.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I understand that angelic themes in Warcraft have long been. In fact, angels are mentioned in Warcraft 1.
    In Warcraft 3, an angel appeared at Paladin's Ultimate. And from the classics we have the Val'kyrs and the Gurdians of Ancient Kings at the paladins.
    But now we have a whole separate mini-kingdom of angels and we are shown that all previous angelic beings descended from these Kyrians.
    Which makes sense, we always knew there was a version of Heaven since WotLK.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's certainly beautiful, to say the least - I really like the match of aesthetic and overarching theme. I'm not so sold on the story of Bastion and what goes on there, but the zone is breathtaking to look at all the same.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quite unoriginal, to say the least. Looking forward to Night Fae or Maldraxxus instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having spent a good 18 hours in the zone so far. i really love it, it is maybe the most beautiful zone in the game now, it makes me sad though.
    on live i have ground clutter turned to 0 to make ground stuff easier to see
    but fucking one sec.

Ground clutter max, what it sets me to default on the alpha.

No ground clutter... yeah... i know..
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    I should add that, while visuals may be pretty but far too "vanilla" (not the game) for my taste, the story could be creepy as all !@#$... And that could be a good thing!

Reminds quite a bit of the dreaming city from destiny, but then again angelic themes all look very similar.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It looks good, but I'm not a fan of the judo-christian angel theme, not because it looks too much like Diablo (which it kinda does), I just don't like it that much.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

3+ Year Old Account
    I love it! The whole theme is something I yearned for in WoW. The whole greek angelic theme is awesome!
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    I love it! The whole theme is something I yearned for in WoW. The whole greek angelic theme is awesome!
    Idk, I think we've had enough of the greek theme. NE architecture, which happens to be almost everywhere, is based (in part, at least) on Greek architecture. And almost all their mythos is of Greek origin as well: dryads, chimaeras, keepers of the grove, nature gods in general, etc.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk, I think we've had enough of the greek theme. NE architecture, which happens to be almost everywhere, is based (in part, at least) on Greek architecture. And almost all their mythos is of Greek origin as well: dryads, chimaeras, keepers of the grove, nature gods in general, etc.
    Yeah, but it's more like "low greek" mixed with forest themes, and even from that we only got Darkshore and Val'sharah lately. This high greek blue-yellow-design is new and fresh. I didn't think of NE Architecture before you brought it up but I can see where you're coming from.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

I really like it visually and from what we can see of the Forsworn/Kyrian conflict it's a pretty good set of issues. It'll be a shame when they're inevitably watered down into a single entity that doesn't include the self-mastery through excising bonds thing.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Has there been any info on the leader of Bastion the Archon?

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Has there been any info on the leader of Bastion the Archon?
    She gives Elisande hat-envy.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.