Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Just sounds like someone who really needs to feel more special than other players. Casual players are just that. Casual. They play the game more reasons besides high endgame. Very excited that the rng on rng with a slice of rng is being removed though. Casual or not, it's just not a fun system.
    As a confirmed casualist, right now I'm just happy to get everyone to 450, give or take, then peace out.

Just hope these AoE changes don't make farming old content a chore on certain classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    As a confirmed casualist, right now I'm just happy to get everyone to 450, give or take, then peace out.
    Haha! Same! I just try to get my alts to a decent enough ilvl that I can achieve hunt, mount farm etc... with little hassle. Being able to tackle current content with decent effort and not be a total hindrance in group content.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Why would casuals care about 'high loot'? That makes no sense.
    Maybe they do? Who knows.

They don't have the time to do higher level content, all they probably desire is getting good loot without putting out too much effort.

And who doesn't want the best gear? Nobody. 'Almost' everybody wants to be decked out in mythics wrecking people in pvp and topping the charts. I missed the days when there was a difference between the casuals and the people that put in more time. I missed the times when people would make pvp videos showing off their gear and completely wrecking people whether it had to do with skill or gear or just again, showing off.

You can't do that nowadays because it's so easy to gear up without putting in effort. Warforging and titanforging destroys the bridge that gaps between the casuals and the active players.

INB4, "Don't put words in my mouth" or, "You don't speak for everyone".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    No war/titanforge is the most stupid idea.
    You seriously like adding more lottery RNG to the game? I hate people like you, you probably like to gamble.

You do you I guess. *shrug*
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2020-04-10 at 03:54 AM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The team could do a better job of listening to feedback.
    He says this every time. And every time, they don't. Just stop saying it, Ion. You have no credibility here, you haven't had it for a long, long, long time.

And, on top of that, it's your team. You're in charge. Act like it - tell them to listen to feedback more, in their "dojos". Show some actual leadership skills. DO SOMETHING, instead of just saying that every damned time, and nothing ever changes. You're just saying that because it's what you think players want to hear.

Previous expansions had some changes added late during beta and the team didn't have time to respond to feedback before things went live.
    Rewriting the past. Changes in February and LOTS of feedback given on them for an expansion that was set to release in August is not late (speaking of Legion; I quit when it all started again in BfA Beta). They simply ignored feedback because they felt they were correct, until they had pushed it off too long and there was no time to properly respond. I will believe that they have changed when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Cant wait for one item in m+ and people complainin bout it.
    I'm a little more concerned that mythic+ will be required content for me now. I'm able to get away with not doing it (since I often can't find a guild group) but I may have to do it in order to get anywhere near geared enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, when every single member of Method aligns with one covenant, it will purely be by their "RP" choice.

This is going to backfire, very badly.

They didn't listen to BFA feedback, they won't listen to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'm a little more concerned that mythic+ will be required content for me now. I'm able to get away with not doing it (since I often can't find a guild group) but I may have to do it in order to get anywhere near geared enough.
    Content is only required if you physically by blizzard own design have a "You can't enter here unless you've done X, Y or Z." aka attunements. If you can walk into the raid you are not required to do anything else. It's just your raid leader being unreasonable and needs to be told "No." if they get even more unreasonable then it's "Go fuck yourself."

The guy litteraly says in the same interview.
    - convenants will be tied to traits, trees and legendaries.
    - so the choice will matter a lot
    - we will not make to much changes on these rewards.
    - we know we don't really listen to feedback (15 years they are saying that, but now it will be ok guys!)
    It sounds like if he was trying to say "yeah we will fuck up" without saying it.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-04-10 at 05:49 AM.

This is hands down one of the most idiotic changes they've ever proposed. What they basically want is for people to spend more time playing the game doing the things they used to do in twice the time. Because God forbid they'd actually make interesting content that makes us want to play longer.

Also, Dear fuckwit ION, nerfing some class abilities won't make the already bad classes suddenly viable. This is what happens when u make some random person the key developer of a game. Fucking fuckwit.

And we thought the GCD changes were horseshit. Now they pull this off while DEFENDING the GCD horseshit. This game is really run by fucking idiots.

Whatever excitement I had for Shadowlands it is fucking gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    The guy litteraly says in the same interview.
    - convenants will be tied to traits, trees and legendaries.
    - so the choice will matter a lot
    - we will not make to much changes on these rewards.
    - we know we don't really listen to feedback (15 years they are saying that, but now it will be ok guys!)
    It sounds like if he was trying to say "yeah we will fuck up" without saying it.
    This is such a good summary of what he said. 100% on point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    You know, when you see that u butchered an expansion as badly as they did BFA, and then promise to fucking listen to feedback, you would think that the morons would actually step back and listen to the feedback. But no, they make it even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Just hope these AoE changes don't make farming old content a chore on certain classes.
    But that's the problem. This kills farming. It makes it take twice as long, or even longer. Old raids/dungeon farms, quests, grinds.....everything becomes a shit show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    At the cost of loot being reduced from raids.
    1 nice step forward, 4 fucking step backwards. Classic Blizzard.

The team could do a better job of listening to feedback.
    Yeah you could...

No plans to bring back Master Loot.
    Oh... wait...

They cant say they Tier set items killed M+ loot and and take tier sets away and then give us azerite pieces that do the exact same thing in the exact same slots lol.... Maybe just let us acquire T-set in a similar fashion to Azerite pieces. Silly bumpkins.

So instead of addressing AoE problems by tweaking mobs in the pulls and creating situations that either favor or discourage mass grouping they instead go after the abilities themselves... I feel like that's trying to come up with a solution without fully understanding the problem. Also not encouraging to hear "That's super fun and a cool solution, but...", just sounds like another opportunity for them to "nerf fun"

Combined with better class design like we had in MoP the AoE change wouldn't be as annoying. But they clearly said that there are no major class overhauls and a lot of classes and speccs play like crap.

On the other hand i would just prefer more dangerous mobbs, especially in higher content, thus it could be a problem if you AoE too much and it needs some cc and skill. And what about proper threat? I would prefer such a solution over the one Blizzard is promoting. But oh well, as it looks i won't play this anyway. So whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    This is hands down one of the most idiotic changes they've ever proposed. What they basically want is for people to spend more time playing the game doing the things they used to do in twice the time. Because God forbid they'd actually make interesting content that makes us want to play longer.

Also, Dear fuckwit ION, nerfing some class abilities won't make the already bad classes suddenly viable. This is what happens when u make some random person the key developer of a game. Fucking fuckwit.

And we thought the GCD changes were horseshit. Now they pull this off while DEFENDING the GCD horseshit. This game is really run by fucking idiots.

Whatever excitement I had for Shadowlands it is fucking gone.

- - - Updated - - -

This is such a good summary of what he said. 100% on point.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, when you see that u butchered an expansion as badly as they did BFA, and then promise to fucking listen to feedback, you would think that the morons would actually step back and listen to the feedback. But no, they make it even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

But that's the problem. This kills farming. It makes it take twice as long, or even longer. Old raids/dungeon farms, quests, grinds.....everything becomes a shit show.

- - - Updated - - -

1 nice step forward, 4 fucking step backwards. Classic Blizzard.
    the aoe thing wont affect old raids/dungeons,they wont make mobs immune to dmg passed a certain number,they will have diminishing returns,and in old raids you have bonus dmg,also no1 is pulling many mobs in old raids,you are just rushing to bosses,also you dont make huge pulls in the world,this change is to stop the very extreme cases of people pulling in m+ huge pacs,and that will only affect the top players that knew how to pull it off,you averege m+ weekly player would get anihilated by more than 6 mobs pulled in m+

Yeah, i like aoe cap. It's quite simplistic way of play if you aoe too much. Shadowlands alpha starts really good. I prefer meaningful gameplay rather than mindless bindings spamming.

So, to Ion, somebody from Kyrian, angelic covenant, using evil undead Necrolords ability doesn't make sence? How does Kyrian Death Knight, spreading plague and raising dead make sence? You either let everybody use every ability, or, if you care about RPG elements so much, "evil" classes shouldn't be able to join "good" covenants and other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just once I'd like an interviewer to ask him the question that I've been wondering about for years which is why dual-wielders are constantly treated like second-class players by needing double the weapon drops of 2H users and why 19% of their auto-attacks have to miss when their weapon damage could've been reduced and the miss chance removed years ago. Just have 2 weapons drop for dual-wielders every time they get a weapon drop. It's so simple.
    Last edited by Freeasacar; 2020-04-10 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Ah yes, when every single member of Method aligns with one covenant, it will purely be by their "RP" choice.

This is going to backfire, very badly.

I am predicting method and limit to have 4 same character for each person with different covenants. System is stupid and will be as annoying as hell.