Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The idiotic system that is Soulbinding.

Remember when they said Prime Glyphs were too complicated so they removed them?
    Now they have the audacity to throw this system at us.. Do they think we'd have forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Now they have the audacity to throw this system at us.. Do they think we'd have forgotten?
    The "remove and then add it a couple expansions later" isn't a new approach, been going on for years now. And your reference is just cringy.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

When did they say prime glyphs were too complicated?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    A few minutes before OP posted, in his imagination.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    The "remove and then add it a couple expansions later" isn't a new approach, been going on for years now. And your reference is just cringy.
    What reference? Also they're not replacing anything that has to do with glyphs in this expansion so i'm not really sure what you're getting at.

wrathgate reference

So, you've got 3 different "glyph-tables" in which you can socket different effects at will. And you can switch between those tables nearly everywhere so that you can adapt to every situation. I fail to see the problem here.

No. I remember them being mostly removed and glyphs in general becoming more cosmetic, but I don't really remember their reasoning. I haven't thought about prime glyphs in years. Want to provide a link to some sort of official Blizzard explanation?

Uhh, I don't really see what the problem is? Soulbinds are basically mini-artifacts with relic slots a la Legion. That's what the Glyph system basically ascended to. It never went away, it's just been taking a new form every expansion since Artifacts and this is its current iteration. And what exactly is wrong with that? The concept itself seems sound.

What reference? Also they're not replacing anything that has to do with glyphs in this expansion so i'm not really sure what you're getting at.
    They literally are unpruning the entire toolkit for all the classes they pruned before, and them "unpruning" the prime glyphs in this sense of soulbinding isn't new, that's what I'm getting at.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading is fun. Try it some time?
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...he-change-why/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They literally are unpruning the entire toolkit for all the classes they pruned before, and them "unpruning" the prime glyphs in this sense of soulbinding isn't new, that's what I'm getting at.
    that's not the point i'm making. The soulbind system is a convoluted mess that honestly should never see the light of day. Just re-emplement the glyph system that was in place during Cataclysm and get rid of this soulbind system.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

that's not the point i'm making. The soulbind system is a convoluted mess that honestly should never see the light of day. Just re-emplement the glyph system that was in place during Cataclysm and get rid of this soulbind system.
    haha are you fucking serious?

the thread is from 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    No. I remember them being mostly removed and glyphs in general becoming more cosmetic, but I don't really remember their reasoning. I haven't thought about prime glyphs in years. Want to provide a link to some sort of official Blizzard explanation?

Uhh, I don't really see what the problem is? Soulbinds are basically mini-artifacts with relic slots a la Legion. That's what the Glyph system basically ascended to. It never went away, it's just been taking a new form every expansion since Artifacts and this is its current iteration. And what exactly is wrong with that? The concept itself seems sound.
    Sure, why not. I did for someone else in this very thread but i'll do it for you too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    haha are you fucking serious?

the thread is from 2012
    Your point being?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should try reading, because that link doesn’t say one fucking word about prime glyphs being too complicated.
    -ynnady

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon now, if we start expecting people here to source their bullshit this forum would cease in a blink

If anything it says prime glyphs we’re too simple. You just picked the obvious one and moved on.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said something 2012 so they are not allowed to change their opinion, now watch me reeee for two hours in this thread. - OP
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Blizz said something 2012 so they are not allowed to change their opinion, now watch me reeee for two hours in this thread. - OP
    Good job on totally misinterpreting the thread. It's this kind of idiotic thinking that surely makes MMO-Champion the best forum out there on the internet! /s

I dunno man, I can rub at least two brain cells together and it doesn't seem that convoluted or messy to me. Pick Soulbind, socket Conduit. ... :/ Where's the difficulty in concept?

I'm not seeing much sense in the problems you're having with the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should try reading, because that link doesn’t say one fucking word about prime glyphs being too complicated.
    But i did. Just because your reading comprehension is low doesn't mean it doesn't say what I said it does. Nice try though.

No, when did they say that? Source please