10+ Year Old Account

Emerald Nightmare

Surprise no one asked that
    But now that Nzoth is dead, there is no more Nightmare right? It is over, this annoying threat that always existed in corner of world and grew to be a real threat, no longer exist
    Or is there any blue post that says otherwise? I mean every time it survived our attacks it was thanks to Old Gods backing it up, now there is no more old gods, it should be over
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There is the Remnant of the Void that exists at the Heart of the Dream, one that persists after Xavius himself is defeated and the Nightmare corruption mostly purged from the Dream. Although without an active Old God it's possible that this is simply a scar on the Dream's surface, unable to manifest into the Nightmare once more. It may also be a conduit for the Void to manifest itself even without an Old God reinforcing it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There is the Remnant of the Void that exists at the Heart of the Dream, one that persists after Xavius himself is defeated and the Nightmare corruption mostly purged from the Dream. Although without an active Old God it's possible that this is simply a scar on the Dream's surface, unable to manifest into the Nightmare once more. It may also be a conduit for the Void to manifest itself even without an Old God reinforcing it.
    this remnant was confirmed that it was backed up by old gods, unless they retcon it, the void lords have zero access to emerald dream and shouldn't be in any possible way able to do anything like that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    this remnant was confirmed that it was backed up by old gods, unless they retcon it, the void lords have zero access to emerald dream and shouldn't be in any possible way able to do anything like that
    The dream is linked to Ardenweald and there's been some rumors of void activity in the Shadowlands so if there was gonna be a backdoor I'd say that would be it

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Void forces (and not Old God forces) attack the Heart of the Dream in BfA, with no known connection to N'Zoth specifically (though it is still certainly possible). As long as the remnant is connected to the Void, then it's possible the Void has some level of access to the Dream. Although this may not be sufficient to recreate the Nightmare by any means.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Without an agent to grant them access the void lords shouldn't be able to use the dream as an effective tool anymore, though who knows what Xal'atath will do now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    The dream is linked to Ardenweald and there's been some rumors of void activity in the Shadowlands so if there was gonna be a backdoor I'd say that would be it
    How could Old Gods, who are nothing but glorified space ticks, ever invade an entirely separate realm such as the shadowlands?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    How could Old Gods, who are nothing but glorified space ticks, ever invade an entirely separate realm such as the shadowlands?
    Void activity doesn't always mean old gods, but Old Gods always mean Void Activity

Source that the Void Lords have zero access to the dream?

Because the only thing we know (as far as i knew) is they cant manifest directly into the physical realm.

Also the Rift of Aln bleeds into the nether and great dark. The void has a presence in both.

- - - Updated - - -

The way they invaded ours?

I seen no lore that says the Void Lords cant summon Old gods in any realm.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-04-15 at 07:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Void activity doesn't always mean old gods, but Old Gods always mean Void Activity
    Hmmm? Elaborate please

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    The way they invaded ours?

I seen no lore that says the Void Lords cant summon Old gods in any realm.
    Well, here's what I found about Void Lords:

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia
    Envious of the titans' power, the void lords attempted to corrupt one of them, but the titans remained impervious to their attempts. Instead, the void lords pooled their power and hurled dark, parasitic horrors — later known as the Old Gods — out into the universe to find and exert their influence over a titan in its most vulnerable state: as a slumbering world-soul. The void lords did not know which planets contained titan world-souls, and so simply hoped that at least some of their creations would smash into a planet that contained a nascent titan.
    Given that they threw their messengers/ticks out into the universe in order to find planets to stick to, it's safe to assume that it's the physical universe they were working at - not this metaphysical entity known as SL. But it's quite vague anyway.

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia
    The Shadowlands (see below for other names and denotations) are nightmarish realms of decay, labyrinthine spiritual planes teeming with the souls of the dead who have passed from the world of the living. The Shadowlands exist on the edge of reality. (...) The Shadowlands can be seen as a shadowy version of the physical world.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-04-15 at 06:50 PM.

Hmmm? Elaborate please

Well, here's what I found about Void Lords:

Given that they threw their messengers/ticks out into the universe in order to find planets to stick to, it's safe to assume that it's the physical universe they were working at - not this metaphysical entity known as SL. But it's quite vague anyway.
    Ok so.....that doesnt say they cant manifest one in the SLs.....

Also chronicles is now limited to what the titans know, not an overall universe.

The logic your working on there is insane. I haven't heard of someone doing something so they cant do it. I haven't seen Taylor swift swim therefore i assume she physically cant.

Edited for grammar
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-04-15 at 07:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Ok so.....that doesnt say they cant manifest one in the SLs.....

Also chronicles is now limited to what the titans know, not an overall universe.
    Well... if there is ONE thing Titans should presumably know a lot about, are Void Lords/Old Gods. Just saying

Well... if there is ONE thing Titans should presumably know a lot about, are Void Lords/Old Gods. Just saying
    Why? Sargeras only leant about the Void Lords from Dreadlords and he had to tell the rest of the Pantheon. We only know of two accounts of any titan meeting old gods despite the many worlds its implied they visited.

In actually one of the few subject's we know they are under informed

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    If you saw her swim, then why would you assume that she can't?
    Shit, havent seen her swim sorry.

My point is thats the other dudes logic. Ie we havent heard of the void lords interacting witn the SLs so they cant.

Hmmm? Elaborate please
    Just because we see Void entities involved doesn't mean the Old Gods are, for example literally every Warlock has a Voidwalker, though for an event I guess like the Shadowmoon tribe during WoD, they weren't connected to an Old God, their was one on outland, but I don't think WoD even mention anything similar

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    It's a mirrored realm, but, like with all foes, we'll stop the Void in the Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Void forces (and not Old God forces) attack the Heart of the Dream in BfA, with no known connection to N'Zoth specifically (though it is still certainly possible). As long as the remnant is connected to the Void, then it's possible the Void has some level of access to the Dream. Although this may not be sufficient to recreate the Nightmare by any means.
    Basically this. Hell, in BFA, Void Forces are shown to be invading the Dream Way (Probably from the "remnant" shown in Legion). So, who knows, maybe in a Void Lords expansion, we'll see more of the "nightmare" remnants. 9.0 seems to be linking a ton of things with the Void. So, it's likely that next expac, we'll deal with the Void Lords and all that shit.

It's not like we killed every Satyr, ever.
    As long as the Dream still has enemies, the Nightmare may never end permanently.