Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Probably because most lock specs back then were terrible?
    That is your opinion, I for myself loved Affliction in MoP, it was great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I don't understand how anyone who played Warlock in MoP can play it today.
    can say same thing about enh shaman, mop build + 1 decent defensive cd thats my dream :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    can say same thing about enh shaman, mop build + 1 decent defensive cd thats my dream :P
    well basically every class/spec was much better in MoP

Guess every spec is "fun" if you leave it alone and let it free cast like a turret?

Demo is fun to play ON TARGET DUMMY, but it's still a hassle in real encounters. Pvp.. is a joke.

And yes, get back MoP class design for ALL specs, and buff those who struggle the most, end of story.

while i liked legion and wod demo, i preffer the current summoning demo, it feels better than a scuffed wanna be DH

MoP warlock is far superior in every way than any iteration after.

Gotta say, I really do miss WotLK demonology; turning into a demon, jumping and clawing and shooting soulfire really was a satisfying experince.

It's not very functional in PvP, but many casters have been suffering in BfA. Demo as a spec is in a great place imo, and I think it's a good thing that they are keeping it intact. I wish they did the same with balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not very functional in PvP, but many casters have been suffering in BfA. Demo as a spec is in a great place imo, and I think it's a good thing that they are keeping it intact. I wish they did the same with balance.
    Demo now has identity, but as a caster is clunky. Too many hardcasts. Needs some of the spells becoming instants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omarxz11 View Post
    i will play TBC and wrath demo since this is our only salvation for this horrible company that makes worst legion+BFA class rework for sake of attracting casual players so they save the damage that happened from WOD , feel free you share your opinion
    My opinion is that Demo is awesome in BFA.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Probably because most lock specs back then were terrible?
    I just had to quote this because of how utterly ridiculous of a statement it is, regardless of anyone's opinion on current warlock design. MoP warlock design was one of the best (if not the best) caster designs Blizzard ever got in this game and I don't even know how someone can claim otherwise with a straight face. If you are referring specifically to Demo, that was indeed the lesser of the 3 specs in terms of playstyle, but Destro and Affi being terrible? You have got to be kidding me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Demonology had no identity before Legion. It was a garbage can of ideas before that.
    Oh yeah? The master of demons, who of course could even transform himself into one, had no identity? Lmao.

Legion demo rework remains the biggest fucking failure ever in the history of this game. Never forgive Blizzard for this. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Oh yeah? The master of demons, who of course could even transform himself into one, had no identity? Lmao.

Legion demo rework remains the biggest fucking failure ever in the history of this game. Never forgive Blizzard for this. Never.
    So um, how many warlock characters in lore turn themselves into demons. You just can't accept that giving warlocks meta was a violation of lore. It's just a lack of real ideas. It was replaced with something that makes infinitely more sense in lore, but people don't seem to want WoW to be an RPG, so a change to make the class make more sense lorewise is always bad.

That is what makes a game an RPG, not stupid cosmetic customization options. The characters have to be consistent with the lore, and any character having meta that isn't a demon hunter is just flat out wrong. So yeah, no clear identity. If you want meta, play a demon hunter. If you want to play a warlock, you don't get meta. That's how it always should have been.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    So um, how many warlock characters in lore turn themselves into demons. You just can't accept that giving warlocks meta was a violation of lore. It's just a lack of real ideas. It was replaced with something that makes infinitely more sense in lore, but people don't seem to want WoW to be an RPG, so a change to make the class make more sense lorewise is always bad.

That is what makes a game an RPG, not stupid cosmetic customization options. The characters have to be consistent with the lore, and any character having meta that isn't a demon hunter is just flat out wrong. So yeah, no clear identity. If you want meta, play a demon hunter. If you want to play a warlock, you don't get meta. That's how it always should have been.
    Gul fucking Dan does. You know, THE Warlock. Also Kanrethad.

Also guys like Kil'jaeden and Archimonde ARE Warlocks.

There is nothing more warlocky than being a corrupted, demon tainted piece of shit.

The only violation of lore is that Warlocks do not exhibit any visibile signs of fel corruption, AGGRAVATED by the ludicrous decision to strip the class of its ability to transform into a demon.

Remember those guys?

In lore simply being near Fel Magic turned the Orcs' skin green and Bloodelf eyes green. The player Warlock is supposed to be the most powerful user of Fel Magic on Azeroth, yet magically remains perfectly pure. Okay, nice lore.

Stop making bad excuses for bad developers.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2020-04-17 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the burst from MoP demo. Imp swarm glyph + dark soul/trinkets + meta into double chaos wave.

No good excuse that demo couldn't have kept meta in some way. Remember dark apotheosis? Ignoring the tank aspect of it and looking at it only visually it could've easily been a substitute for meta. Meta should be demo's cooldown, not tyrant. Demonic consumption should empower the warlock, not the tyrant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind Demo losing Meta more than I mind it not getting a trademark ability in exchange. More so given Locks in general should have physical manifestations of Fel Corruption just like DHs permanently do. I mean Aesthetics. The more you tap into Fel Magic, the greater te corruption manifests. The Lock becomes stronger as it slowly transforms into a demon but doesn't give themselves over completely since they're all about controlling the power.

If Demo Locks are gonna emphasize Summoning moving forward then they should have certain perks to separate them more from BM Hunters and Unholy DKs. For example being able to control 2 or more demons at once or being able to permanently enslave enemy demons (with some obvious limitations). One or both of those would be pretty cool.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I love current Demo, of course it can use a bit of help but as a spec fantasy its awesome.