Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    no kidding, did you read my original post. i have no issue paying for retail as i know the cost of development and creation isnt cheap. i dont want to pay for access to retail, i just want to pay a reasonable price to JUST have access to classic.

i can only imagine the mental gymnastics it took you to type that sentence if you really dont understand that thought process. if that is mental gymnastics, god help you.
    Tell me exactly what you know about the ease of making and maintaining classic wow servers. I would love to here it btw

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    Tell me exactly what you know about the ease of making and maintaining classic wow servers. I would love to here it btw
    you are delusional if you think he have knowledge about anything other than his ego

wow full game = 60$
    12months X 15$ a month = 180$

60$+180$ = 240$

240$>60$

go back to 2nd grade

read the post 'and that is with a year of game time'

seriously bro, do the math and read the post before you comment

and i might also add 90$ > 60$ as well
    its about hours of playable content. I know you really want to tell everyone about how apples make bad oranges but you really should stop comparing the 2. Every wow expac has hundreds to thousands hours more content than MOST(see this word?) single player games so yes it easily justifies the additional cost. When it comes to paying for classic you are not just paying for the content in the game able to play. You are paying for access to servers that blizzard MAINTAINS and PROTECTS to keep them online and functioning. These servers also give you access to all your b.net resources and social lists. Now if you want all that ddos protection, reductions in server lag due to new and updated servers and social systems... yes you should be paying the same $15.

no kidding, did you read my original post. i have no issue paying for retail as i know the cost of development and creation isnt cheap. i dont want to pay for access to retail, i just want to pay a reasonable price to JUST have access to classic.

i can only imagine the mental gymnastics it took you to type that sentence if you really dont understand that thought process. if that is mental gymnastics, god help you.
    Hello? You're literally paying for access to retail. That is what the subscription is for. You don't get to opt out of that reality because you don't play it. If you don't like it, don't fucking pay for it. Are you okay?

There are tons of backend features that are completely new and different in this game that makes it better than vanilla. Notice how people don’t fly around constantly? And you don’t see people under the ground farming ore? You must not know about any of this stuff do you.

Oh and yeah everyone is an idiot here besides you LOL. Ever here that saying that if everyone around you is an asshole chances are you’re the asshole?
    there are actually several pretty smart people in this thread that get it. the rest can keep spouting the same shit over and over

'you are paying for retail and get classic for free, so quit crying like a baby'
    'you paid 15$ then, you pay 15$ now, deal with it'
    '15$ is too much money for you? you should stop playing'

this thread has been amazing, please keep it coming

- - - Updated - - -

rofl, tell, what do YOU know about the processes of creating servers for software that is 16years old?

do you know what blizzard charges for character transfers on classic? do you think that money doesnt more than pay for server upkeep?

there are actually several pretty smart people in this thread that get it. the rest can keep spouting the same shit over and over

'you are paying for retail and get classic for free, so quit crying like a baby'

To be fair you’re asking for it. The arrogance and the self importance of your attitude makes it really easy to not have a full discussion and just call you a baby.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

rofl, tell, what do YOU know about the processes of creating servers for software that is 16years old?
    Oh no no this is not how this works. You are the one stating that it takes nothing. So go ahead. Explain to me the process of ‘nothing’

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was good enough to pay 15 dollars for back then, why not now?

Hell with inflation and all, you could consider it discounted compared to back then.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am happy to pay, having the 6 months sub, as long as they don't get greedy and start selling mounts, pets, cosmetics, haircuts, race changes, faction changes, level boosts, wow currency, and all other junk littering the retail version of the game. Just to give my money for my sub, and be left in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    its about hours of playable content. I know you really want to tell everyone about how apples make bad oranges but you really should stop comparing the 2. Every wow expac has hundreds to thousands hours more content than MOST(see this word?) single player games so yes it easily justifies the additional cost. When it comes to paying for classic you are not just paying for the content in the game able to play. You are paying for access to servers that blizzard MAINTAINS and PROTECTS to keep them online and functioning. These servers also give you access to all your b.net resources and social lists. Now if you want all that ddos protection, reductions in server lag due to new and updated servers and social systems... yes you should be paying the same $15.
    apples make bad oranges? WTF are you even talking about. this discussion is about charging customers a proper amount to access servers for a 16 year old game, without overpaying for a game and services they dont use.

i want an apple, without paying for the whole fucking tree. does that make sense to you???

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair you’re asking for it. The arrogance and the self importance of your attitude makes it really easy to not have a full discussion and just call you a baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no no this is not how this works. You are the one stating that it takes nothing. So go ahead. Explain to me the process of ‘nothing’
    self importance of wanting to be frugal with my money? am i asking for an exception for just me? there are several others who have stated similar desires, they just got tired of trying to explain it to the sheep en masse. this was a request to be made for everyone.

please quote me, when did i say it took nothing??
    Last edited by Djaye; 2020-04-17 at 10:25 PM.

guys guys classic IS retail now

you pay for it

retail was a term created by private server players for players who paid to play wow

now they all are

classic is now retail, think about it

welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    what other 16 year old games have you seen currently advertised at original price? im curious. anyone? anyone?
    What are you talking about? The game is free. It's not advertised at the original price. Not that I remember what that price was.. €30 ish?

OP is hilarious. Great entertainment reading the posts and arguments. I enjoyed the comparison to a restaurant menu.
    Hi

apples make bad oranges? WTF are you even talking about. this discussion is about charging customers a proper amount to access servers for a 16 year old game, without overpaying for a game and services they dont use.

i want an apple, without paying for the whole fucking tree. does that make sense to you???
    You won't get a fucking apple because Blizzard isn't in the business of selling apples. You are literally screaming at a grocery store owner for not stocking a product that doesn't fucking exist. Blizzard doesn't give a shit about you or the way you want to pay for WoW. You will continue to pay for retail if you want to access Classic servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I’m sorry do you need me to say word for word what you said?

You know what you said, you implied it’s minimal effort to keep it maintained so go ahead and explain it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, ya. i havent played retail or even had an inclination to log into my retail account since mid legion. the game is a shell of the experience i fell in love with years ago and the communities in retail dont exist. it is currently the worst mmorpg on the market imo.

that being said, i resubbed for classic.

which, while very old at this point is a tride and true mmorpg.

Now, im not here to start a flame throwing contest.
    i simply want to know what everyone thinks about having separate sub models for the games.

15$ for both seems reasonable. But, for players like me, it is a complete rip off as i have no use for retail and never use the account. so i pay 15$ a month for a 15 year old game.
    now, i get it. people will pay it. but, dont you think if they dropped it to something more reasonable, like say 5$ a month, it would attract more players who would like to try it but dont want to add yet another 10-20$ entertainment sub into their lives.

i know blizz aint gonna do shite as they are no longer a consumer friendly company, but still curious what the general interest would be.

thanx
    i think i, as a retail only player, should pay less for my retail sub. i man, i'm getting ripped off here. paying 13€ for retail AND and a 15 year old classic and i never use that classic account.

/s

classic is 98% the same game as vanilla. vanilla was 13€/15$ per month, classic is too. they both offer nearly the same stuff, so why lower that price? as an added bonus, you can play over ten years worth of content for free on top in retail. and you have the gall to call them no longer consumer friendly.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by jba252 View Post
    retail was a term created by private server players for players who paid to play wow
    Tell that to blizzard who specifically splits your WoW folder into "Classic" and "Retail". Nice try but no cigar, those are the official teams blizzard even refers to them as not some private server jargon.

- - - Updated - - -

self importance of wanting to be frugal with my money? am i asking for an exception for just me? there are several others who have stated similar desires, they just got tired of trying to explain it to the sheep en masse. this was a request to be made for everyone.

Self importance in thinking you should get a special discount because you’re special and want things tailored to how you play the game. It’s a very bad look, especially when you’re oblivious to it

First you all complain about not getting your classic, for years, and now you complain once you got it? Soon I bet you will complain about not getting TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    First you all complain about not getting your classic, for years, and now you complain once you got it? Soon I bet you will complain about not getting TBC.
    Don’t lump classic advocates into this guys wheel house lol. And we are getting tbc anyways so no complaints are needed

Self importance in thinking you should get a special discount because you’re special and want things tailored to how you play the game. It’s a very bad look, especially when you’re oblivious to it
    how is it a special discount if they offer it to everyone? how am i asking for things tailored to me and not the rest of the playerbase? have i said retail players shouldnt have access to classic? have i said that 15$ doesnt justify both games? have i asked for anything but a lower and seperate price point for just the 16 year old game?

im still failing to see self importance in anything i wrote? i will say i have way more common sense than alot of you. and i actually read posts in full before responding.

I'd be totally down with splitting the sub fee, if it meant that retail would be cheaper too.