Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, really? Am I actually reading this? Someone doesn't understand why this is the case?

@OP, roll a tank or healer. Maybe you'll find you enjoy it. You'll get the mad insta-queues all day and night and never worry about it again. And oh! Call to Arms for healer/tank is up (right now as I write this lol)! More loot for you!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    So just run quests, thats pretty much what dungeons are when you only need to dps with AI's as "party members".

Or actually contribute to solving the problem and start tanking/healing instead of being the problem.

They'd have to rewrite the entire system for dungeons/raids. personally i think encounters can be designed that don't need the tired tank/heal/dps system. This problem is a direct result of the playerbase rising, but the skillbase hasn't. bad dps are always going to be bad dps, and good tanks are already running sucessfully with guilds. It's true, they could implement more scenario-based content for those who dont want to deal with pugging, and that may end up being a viable way to play.

Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    Use your brain.
    Queue for the dungeon
    Do other stuff while you wait
    Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Use your brain.
    Queue for the dungeon
    Do other stuff while you wait
    Problem solved.
    To be fair, if they're trying to chain queue and they just want to do dungeons back-to-back, the dps queue simply will not get that. Ever.
    Unless of course they're in a group.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yes ill play as a tank or healer as a Warlock? Thats not a fix.
    Time to reroll or make an alt, for those sachels, I guess?

I sure as hell won't be tanking for you in randoms, that's for sure. haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - that isn't an option for me, in addition - how does playing a tank or a healer solve the problem of getting your mage through a dungeon ?
    Out of luck then, I'd say.

Generally the playerbase is toxic as hell towards Tanks and Healers. That in addition to the number of these roles per group compared to DPSes and this is a problem that is going to stay for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    hat in addition to the number of these roles per group compared to DPSes and this is a problem that is going to stay for a while.
    There is a 'simple' solution which would solve the issue somewhat ....

1. Solving the maths problem - 6 man normal/heroic dungeons, scale boss health up a little, scale boss damage down a little - suddenly DPS queues will be a bit shorter.
    2. Solving the toxicity problem - tanks and healers get a significant bonus (gold, xp, rep, gear) for completing a normal/heroic dungeon - suddenly tank/healer queues will be longer.

These solutions are for LFD dungeons, not for manual entry ones (Mythics, Mythic+).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

This is possible.
    How hard is it to understand? LOTS of people want to deeps...not so many want to tank...and even less want to heal. Unless you expect Blizzard to invent bots that can tank and heal efficiently what do you expect them to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer why dps have to wait is actually quite simple :

Random Tanks and healers quit tanking/healing due to frustration, or only do so in guild/friendlist groups.

So the problem is actually self made by most dps.
    People that stand in fire to get another cast off, people that start nuking before the tank lift the Finger, people that dont know the dungeon but rushes in front of the group. People that pull more on purpose so their numbers Look nice. Every big or small thing that makes the life of healer and tanks miserabel.

If YOU (everyone not one in particular) want a change maybe start with your own behavior and maybe it is not too late.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2020-04-15 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Let NPC's tank/heal if the queues are long, they have the technology for it.
    THIS. They do have the tech for it. But even without that, there can be normal scenarios, heroic and Mythic scenarios.

Much like Visions. The rewards in visions are amazing. Its worth doing, solo or with a smaller group.

It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    So - you expect dps that get to do a fraction of the runs, and thus have a fraction of the experience (due to queues) to instantly be good at everything?

I remember when I relied on LFD - I'd be lucky to get a single run on each dungeon at each difficulty level - in the ENTIRE expansion life.

The issue with dps sucking is significantly from dps having very little experience in group content because of the said queues.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    The answer why dps have to wait is actually quite simple :

Random Tanks and healers quit tanking/healing due to frustration, or only do so in guild/friendlist groups.

People that stand in fire to get another cast off, people that start nuking before the tank lift the Finger, people that dont know the dungeon but rushes in front of the group. People that pull more on purpose so their numbers Look nice. Every big or small thing that makes the life of healer and tanks miserabel.

If YOU (everyone not one in particular) want a change maybe start with your own behavior and maybe it is not too late.
    Well said.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    It is not a blizzard problem, dude. Every MMO is struggling with it. While the holy trinity is a thing, long DPS ques will be a thing. Probably the only solution would be if each spec could do all three and you would distribute roles inside the dungeon itself based on what the other group members want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because everyone and their mom plays DPS because they can just afk in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It is not a blizzard problem, dude. Every MMO is struggling with it. While the holy trinity is a thing, long DPS ques will be a thing. Probably the only solution would be if each spec could do all three and you would distribute roles inside the dungeon itself based on what the other group members want.
    Imagine removing Holy Trinity and having something ala Guild Wars 2

I'm getting sick just thinking about how bad it would be
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

they could just make low tier dungeons(anything below mythic) be role neutral.
    i don't really see the point in keeping the holy trinity in non premade content.

let 5 dps thrash their way through it or 5 tanks or healers or whatever comp the groupfinder matches you up with.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...
    Proving Grounds was a total disaster.

For many specs, e.g. Balance Druid, you scale with the gear to a high degree, which made it EXTREMELY difficult to get Silver PG to be able to run Heroic Dungeons, so you could gear up. Many people gave up on it because it was so hard.
    On the other hand, UHDK and FrDK, it was a breeze, because they benefit less from gear and this are more balanced throughout an expansion.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

This is possible.
    Because people have left, its that simple, the ques are longer because people dont play wow theres downtime between now and shadowlands, and nobody gives a damn to level or do content.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    That pretty much covers it. The players caused the problem. Blizzard can't really fix it.
    Sure they can. They can change default group size/setup to 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 dps.

All of my groups are at the mercy of the tank.

I have never, ever seen a tank/healer kicked out of the dungeon. Hell, most of my groups were AFRAID to say anything because tanks could get so easily offended and they just leave, and we'll have to wait again for 10-15 minutes.

If I que as tank, I can literally do what I want, everyone will follow like sheep..

Players caused it, not Blizzard. Though if they brought back the exotic satchel from Call to Arms that could also reward mounts/pets (I believe this was MoP?) I would definitely take the time to tank some HC dungeons if I saw the satchel, whereas now it feels pointless because what you get is something like 500 gold extra and some augment runes.