Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    Hello everyone,

Now that it has been revealed that Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination were created in the maw, more specifically inside Torghast, by the forge of domination. My question is how Kil’jaeden or his agents were able to enter the Maw, venture into Torghast and get Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, and leave. From what blizzard has said no one enters the maw and leave, but clearly Kil’jaeden already did that and not even just the maw but would have had to enter Torghast. Will this question be answered as we explore the maw?
    Maybe those items exist in both realms. Or they were created inside the Maw but "transferred" from Shadowlands to mortal world after creation, but no one had "picked them up" from the Shadowlands.

There is always a chance that Kil"jaden sent some demons to the forge, they made the items, teleported them out and were left to rot there. Since ''no escape'' clearly don't apply to souls/locals we can assume it does not apply to items too.

I actually wouldn’t mind any explanation as long as it touched upon. You just seem to be on this “it doesn’t matter what I think hype” get out of your fun police car lol. It’s fun to speculate on what could happen. This is what the lore form is for “lore speculation” maybe your in the wrong place
    No.

Speculating about Il'gynoth whispers was fun because they were cryptic and meant to be speculated about.
    We did not know when or how we would get answers so it made sense to talk about those.

Speculating about X after Blizzard said "okay guys, we ARE going to explain this in a year" is useless.
    You already know when and where you are gonna get your answers so at this point you are just wasting time.

I feel like we should wait until we get more information about the runesmith before we, y'know, gather our pitchforks and torches.

Ultimate answer:
    Dreadlords came from shadowlands and they manage to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh. I mean, Blizzard clearly told you will know more about Helm of Domination, the how's, the where's and the why's of this gear that originated from Shadowlands.

Just wait a bit, will ya? The whole expansion is literally triggered by it, of course you will get all the explanations about what it is and how it ended up where it ended up.

If you want to speculate, then there are some very clear similarities between Dreadlords and Venthyr, considering Dreadlords sourced Lich King's gear, I'd say it's a good lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Or you can try liking things instead of hating things
    This is mmo-champ, where armchair writers and editors let paid professionals know how bad their work is because it doesn't conform to their headcanon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Kil'jaeden didn't make the helm, the Nathrezim did. KJ just put Ner'zhul inside it. They've always been in a weird spot, worshipping Void Lords and being responsible for the Scourge, while also being Demons and part of the Burning Legion.
    But the Nathrezim were working for KJ under his direct command iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    This is mmo-champ, where armchair writers and editors let paid professionals know how bad their work is because it doesn't conform to their headcanon.
    This is MMOC, where random posters come to random threads without providing any constructive argument to the subject at hand, just because the OP happens to not say his/her daily prayers to Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Hello everyone,

Now that it has been revealed that Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination were created in the maw, more specifically inside Torghast, by the forge of domination. My question is how Kil’jaeden or his agents were able to enter the Maw, venture into Torghast and get Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, and leave. From what blizzard has said no one enters the maw and leave, but clearly Kil’jaeden already did that and not even just the maw but would have had to enter Torghast. Will this question be answered as we explore the maw?
    Well dreadlords are a possibility as it might only for souls bound to shadowlands and demons aren't bound to it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Dreadlords could be like the Kyrian-Valkyr from another planet that was demonized

A Dreadlord was already pestering Sargeras like an elusive mosquito before Sargeras turned into a demon titan

From Dethereoc in A Kingdom Divided:
    The Legion may be defeated, but we are the Nathrezim!
    I'm sure that implies he knows a lot more from the Legion and that they are above them and the Dreadlords have a lot more in store for the players.
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-04-15 at 02:10 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Someone wants explanation for things that happens in WoW -> "you hater"

Never gets old MMO, never gets old...

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'm sure that implies he knows a lot more from the Legion and that they are above them and the Dreadlords have a lot more in store for the players.
    Too bad illidan kicked their teeth into the next century.

Considering their track record, no thanks.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2020-04-15 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they dug a tunnel under the Torghast wall?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

While clearly a change to lore it could be easily explained away. The Jailer can contact people outside the Shadowlands eg Sylvanas.

Also the helm of domination is what broke the veil. So it could be as simple as Dreadlords do necromancy make contact with the Jailer. He offers them the tools to create a stronger undead force but his goal is to seed the physical realm with items that can be use to break the viel.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    While clearly a change to lore it could be easily explained away. The Jailer can contact people outside the Shadowlands eg Sylvanas.

Also the helm of domination is what broke the veil. So it could be as simple as Dreadlords do necromancy make contact with the Jailer. He offers them the tools to create a stronger undead force but his goal is to seed the physical realm with items that can be use to break the viel.
    But if all the Jailer cares about are those yummy souls, why would he ever need to break the veil, when he can easily commission others to feed him?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But if all the Jailer cares about are those yummy souls, why would he ever need to break the veil, when he can easily commission others to feed him?
    Probably because he wants to use his awesome powers instead of rotting away in the maw.

Who says all he cares about is yummy souls?

I mean literally someone on his pay role broke the viel so it likely factors into his plan some how.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post
    Ultimate answer:
    Dreadlords came from shadowlands and they manage to leave.
    I still really hope they Dreadlord - Revendreth link isnt literally just that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Someone wants explanation for things that happens in WoW -> "you hater"

Never gets old MMO, never gets old...
    Considering that the person I responded to didn't ask for explanation, and just simply wrote off the matter as "Bad writing"

I feel validated in what I stated. They're just being over expecting for no reason other then to, either, jump on a bandwagon because they have no intention of actually expressing themselves if their own view goes against what the vocal majority feel, or two, they've risen their expectations to such a point that no one can realisticly meet them, and despite having done this, continue to hold it their out of some stubborn wish that they'll get god's perfect game from it

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Considering that the person I responded to didn't ask for explanation, and just simply wrote off the matter as "Bad writing"

I feel validated in what I stated. They're just being over expecting for no reason other then to, either, jump on a bandwagon because they have no intention of actually expressing themselves if their own view goes against what the vocal majority feel, or two, they've risen their expectations to such a point that no one can realisticly meet them, and despite having done this, continue to hold it their out of some stubborn wish that they'll get god's perfect game from it

Totally understandable. Carry on citizen.

This is MMOC, where random posters come to random threads without providing any constructive argument to the subject at hand, just because the OP happens to not say his/her daily prayers to Blizzard.
    Given that the response that I responded to was a response to a post that basically just vomited "this sucks" over everything, I am justified.

I wonder how many people on MMOC have actually ever written a book or narrative game that has been published and has a fanbase that they listen to slavishly, taking every detail that fans expect and inputing them in the work as they expect Blizzard to do?