Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is a Winds of Wisdom extension likely?

Given the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, do you think Blizzard will extend the 100% XP buff? If so, for how long?

No idea if they will extend, but I wish they would until the revamped leveling is in place. Iirc, they said you'd level in about half the time after the revamp. I know they don't have the revamp ready to launch yet, but it would be nice to level as quickly for heritage armors.

I would guess no but they have extended popular things like this before so who knows... I would say hope they extend but prepare for them not to.

Here goes hoping, really enjoying the leveling experience with these rates (just dungeon spamming without ever getting repeated dungeons make for a fun type of "speedrun" experience imo)

I think it's safe to assume. The quarantines being extended, they boost player count etc. Will probably see another 30 days come 20th i think.

I hope they bring back Korrak's Revenge instead for some variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I hope they bring back Korrak's Revenge instead for some variation.
    Sorry but no thanks. Spamming AV over and over and over is literally the opposite of variation. At least with Winds, practically anything we do benefits. Islands, dungeons, quests, pet battles, etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda hope so. I still have to go to work, so I haven’t had an insane amount of time to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Sorry but no thanks. Spamming AV over and over and over is literally the opposite of variation. At least with Winds, practically anything we do benefits. Islands, dungeons, quests, pet battles, etc.
    True... but then again, all i'm doing is spamming BGs, and in that case Korrak's AV was much much faster. Overall in terms of speed, it was much faster.

did you not read the notes on april 1st ? 8.3.5 is comin soon anyway. so why should they extend that buff ?

I think it depends on how their profit and participation numbers look compared to how long it takes them to get the pre-patch out for Shadowlands. Since it's looking like a Thanksgiving/Christmas release window, my guess is that Blizzard is going to do some kind of additional promotion between now and then. What exactly that ends up being, who knows. I'd put my money on another 6-month sub deal with a mount, but it could be more alt-promotions like Winds of Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by esoy View Post
    Given the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, do you think Blizzard will extend the 100% XP buff? If so, for how long?
    Unprecedented situation coupled with Blizz often doing bizarre things. Good luck figuring it out until it happens. That was zero help, I know. /shrug

Yes, it's likely but not at all certain.

I hope so. I've had so much fun levelling. It helps me spend my free time now that I can't hang out with people anymore.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I hope so. Still have a few characters to level.

Hopefully but I suggest we focus more on our health especially this time that we can't see our enemy. Better to have time to read medical bulletins and healthy precautions to avoid the contagion.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I think they will bring something new instead a useless variation

NY (where I live) is extending its non-essential lockdown to May 15th. If the rest of the country follows suit over the next few days, I guess the extension could be more likely after all. But who knows?

They should double rep gains and boss drops too. Why not give players something to do? The expansion's over anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They should double rep gains and boss drops too. Why not give players something to do? The expansion's over anyway.
    Yeah, I'm enjoying everything but endgame right now. Would be cool to see.