Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Sure, that's why I said you need multiple of the same class. One for arena, one for m+ and one for raiding because I can say with 100% certainty the same covenant will not cover all 3 of those things, so if you want to be competitive you better have alts.

Terrible design by Blizzard, they've done similar things in the past and then ended up having to change it because it was fucking awful, and yet they decide to go ahead and do it again. Anyone trying to defend this either just recently started playing WoW so they don't understand the problems, or they're people who only do LFR and think the covenants will be fun because of lore or some dumb shit.
    Why would you have an alt for everything?

Just pick one, and be conscious that you will "underperform" (Probably in a really marginal way) at some content and do better at something else.

Unless you're in a top 100 myfhic guild it shouldn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    New talent rows? Character progression passed like MoP? No way. Has to be all borrowed power that they can strip away at the end of the expansion so you never go anywhere. Character, gear, and everything resets.
    You want a new ability/several new abilities that affects your rotation each expansion that you get to keep, and you cant see a problem in that...???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Their plan is to have a grind if you want to change your covenant, while we don't know exactly how that will work, we know that they compared it to the aldor/scryers method, and that means that is simply not viable to swap covenants to fit your needs in a reasonable way.

Grinds can be presented in many ways, a heavy grind that takes too long, is too slow, too boring, can discourage people from doing it entirely and that's exactly their goal: they want to have a method to swap covenants with a long term mentality in mind, but they don't want people to swap covenants as often and easy as they can swap azerite traits for example.

That's why i would rather have a new talent row. Let's imagine that you can unlock all 4 abilities as talents, your covenant choice will give you the first ability for free, but then to unlock the other three there is a increasingly heavy grind for each ability. I'll be fine with that as long as that means that once i unlock the ability i can use it as i use any other talent.

So having to grind is not the problem here, the problem is that the grind they have in mind is designed precisely so that you don't swap your ability.
    Nah their plan is to discourage covenant changing. Its supposed to be a lasting choice. Their plan, if that doesnt work, is to make the change free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Alright but why?

The grind in vanilla outside of pvp was simply doing the content you enjoyed and getting a drop. Why should their be rewards tied to trivial content I don't enjoy for the content I do enjoy?
    What you enjoy and what others enjoy isnt the same thing....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Why would you have an alt for everything?

Just pick one, and be conscious that you will "underperform" (Probably in a really marginal way) at some content and do better at something else.

Unless you're in a top 100 myfhic guild it shouldn't matter
    You dont need to be in a top 100 guild to have a well geared alt. Some people find it interesting to try the content from different classses?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You want a new ability/several new abilities that affects your rotation each expansion that you get to keep, and you cant see a problem in that...???

- - - Updated - - -

Nah their plan is to discourage covenant changing. Its supposed to be a lasting choice. Their plan, if that doesnt work, is to make the change free.

- - - Updated - - -

What you enjoy and what others enjoy isnt the same thing....

- - - Updated - - -

You dont need to be in a top 100 guild to have a well geared alt. Some people find it interesting to try the content from different classses?
    Find me the player that enjoys daily quests for months on end and I will show you a liar.

Find me the player that enjoys daily quests for months on end and I will show you a liar.
    Why would you do daily quests for months?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It's infinitely worse than azerite or essences lol.

It would basically be like if every time you swapped your essence you'd lose the essence you got rid of and had to grind it again, every time, except instead of it being something like extra crit or versatility it's an entire game changing ability.

Certainly going to be a lot of fun, I guess the solution is to just level 2 or 3 of the same class.
    its 100% not gonna work like this,it will be like professions,you can get back to where you left off,or equaly to the current one,also they said if this doesnt work out well they will just let you swap easier eventualy

Guys...

As was stated by Ion, cov abilities are a small portion of the customization options
    We will have:
    -Covenant Traits
    -Soulbinds
    -Legendaries

If Blizzard allows us to switch covenants quick and easy...we will have to farm a shiton of stuff.
    Soulbinds, traits, legendaries, conduits etc for every covenant

Its kinda of a funny idea...and a possible way for us to always have something to do and farm...but i dont know if is such a good idea.

That and the artifact weapons skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Artifact weapons should have been baseline tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    That and the artifact weapons skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Artifact weapons should have been baseline tbh
    Some of them where literally just damage instant damage spells that had no effect on your rotation ...

10+ Year Old Account
    The grind of picking a faction and getting the ability.

Soon people will make threads that pressing 'Play' on the launcher is a grind.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @FelPlague

Is probably this, Ion was talking about.

See the many currencies? See the upgrades?

https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelyCrunchyCheesecakeDBstyle

Here are the currencies:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleDe...ulRuffGOWSkull
    thats likely soul binds, we dont know anything of what that is other then that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thats likely soul binds, we dont know anything of what that is other then that.
    heish, thats an awful "guess"
    its probably the covenant traits ion talked about on the interview

my guess is better...IMO

7+ Year Old Account
    heish, thats an awful "guess"
    its probably the covenant traits ion talked about on the interview

my guess is better...IMO
    except we have no cvoenent traits currently in the game, all the ones we have currenty are either from torghast, or spulbinding.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except we have no cvoenent traits currently in the game, all the ones we have currenty are either from torghast, or spulbinding.
    Did you read the currencies on the second video?

"Freed Souls: With enough freed souls you may be able to advance aspects of your covenant sanctum"

And ion already confirmed they would exist.
    He said Cov Abilities are a small part of the bigger package that is a cov.

He talked about traits and "trees" of traits.

On the videos i showed you, it reads:
    Bastion - Reservoir Upgrades
    Bastion - Transport Network
    Bastion - Anima Diversi(on?)
    Bastion - Adventures Upgrades
    Bastion - Path of Ascension

And currencies to spend on said things

Did you read the currencies on the second video?

"Freed Souls: With enough freed souls you may be able to advance aspects of your covenant sanctum"

And ion already confirmed they would exist.
    He said Cov Abilities are a small part of the bigger package that is a cov.

He talked about traits and "trees" of traits.

On the videos i showed you, it reads:
    Bastion - Reservoir Upgrades
    Bastion - Transport Network
    Bastion - Anima Diversi(on?)
    Bastion - Adventures Upgrades
    Bastion - Path of Ascension

And currencies to spend on said things
    Same as the BFA upgrades in another form.

Hopefully they don't try to tack on another system when this one fails harder then azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I saw this chart once showing the expansion sub charts. When they did they I notice that graph and a general direction of up. Pretty much after that it had a general direction of down. While I will not tie this directly to this thing alone. I will say it fell into a design plan that did.

Just saying.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    What grind? Pick covenant receive ability.

Dont be a total retard and pick the ability for the content you do. Stop your useless bitching.

/thread
    So, if I like e.g. PvP and M+, I will have to suck in one of them because I won't have the right talent. Truly stellar design
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Alright but why?

The grind in vanilla outside of pvp was simply doing the content you enjoyed and getting a drop. Why should their be rewards tied to trivial content I don't enjoy for the content I do enjoy?
    Your enjoyment is not the same as those of others. The only way around this is make everything free and instant. And then you have basically diablo or any other game where the only goal is more gear... which is not wow... Also retail is not classic. I think classic is boring after leveling. Nothing to do really. Fun until then. But again. That is just my opinion. Does not make the classic way better or worse.

I like getting stronger by doing stuff outside of farming gear.
    In the end they will give us all four. Which will be weird... Kyrian with some plague stuff throwing around.

In my opinion they should just make all four abilitys in four different asthetics. Done. The signature abilities should be different. The gameplay effect is minimal and gives us some flavour.
    But i don't want to be a plague thrower as Kyrian or Night fey... just looks wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Your enjoyment is not the same as those of others. The only way around this is make everything free and instant. And then you have basically diablo or any other game where the only goal is more gear... which is not wow... Also retail is not classic. I think classic is boring after leveling. Nothing to do really. Fun until then. But again. That is just my opinion. Does not make the classic way better or worse.

I like getting stronger by doing stuff outside of farming gear.
    In the end they will give us all four. Which will be weird... Kyrian with some plague stuff throwing around.

In my opinion they should just make all four abilitys in four different asthetics. Done. The signature abilities should be different. The gameplay effect is minimal and gives us some flavour.
    But i don't want to be a plague thrower as Kyrian or Night fey... just looks wrong.
    Except you shouldn't get stronger unless your doing harder and harder content. Just showering you in rewards for nothing is what brought wow so low.

As for your rp... go enjoy rp just dont touch actual game play with your rp keep it to goldshire

Quote Originally Posted by SLNC View Post
    Or just deal with the cards you chose.
    This is perfectly fine as long as they dont make the card weaker after I've picked it. Which they will probably do if one covenant is too strong...