Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    They really give us the stick by excluding the only relevant reputations tho...
    It very clearly is a garbage move, no matter how you watch it. They care only about their reporting, not giving to their customers. It's a pathetic move which deserve the hate it will get.

Was it really too hard to do a simple "+100% rep, no garbage limitation" ???
    If it's too hard to read "Do you have your eye on unlocking an Allied Race, learning to fly in Battle for Azeroth..." (which it appears to be for you), then its probably too hard for blizzard to cater to your special needs.

We already get nearly 1000 rep per day for the 8.3 factions from just dailies and events. If you're too lazy to put in 20 minutes of effort (not including time spent getting corpsecamped by groups of alliance griefers) for the "relevant" factions, you most likely are too lazy to put in the same effort had they further increased the gap between 8.3 rep/hour and pre-8.3 rep/hour.

*Bonus excludes Rajana and Uldum Accord reputation* what the fuck is this? Someone tell me why both of reps sounds like it's overpowering? LOLLLLLLLLL 100% xp plz or else..

I don't really get why we can't have both but neat. I've been slacking this xpac wanna unlock silly fox people!

Quote Originally Posted by Vluggedaafie View Post
    @moaners, they could also ended with the xp buff and didn't do anything else. stop being so entitled
    It's not about being entitled. Blizzard is trying to apply a buff for people to have something while quarantine is still happening for a lot. The problem here is that the rep buff is one of the most useless ones to have going by itself. It's basically World Quest week and increasing the number a little bit more. Majority of the people playing the game will already have reps approximately where they want them. This buff only works for Legion and BFA (minus Rajani / Uldum Accord) which narrows its usefulness down even more. At least with the XP buff anyone could take advantage of it as long as they didn't have 50 characters on their account. With this one not many people can even use it due to already fulfilling the requirements. If they had something else run alongside it, then people would be more interested.

As it stands right now they would be better off offering nothing and people wouldn't be as upset with that. Honestly though, there is really no reason why they can't have the XP buff run until Shadowlands since Shadowlands will still be a bit faster than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not about being entitled. Blizzard is trying to apply a buff for people to have something while quarantine is still happening for a lot. The problem here is that the rep buff is one of the most useless ones to have going by itself. It's basically World Quest week and increasing the number a little bit more. Majority of the people playing the game will already have reps approximately where they want them. This buff only works for Legion and BFA (minus Rajani / Uldum Accord) which narrows its usefulness down even more. At least with the XP buff anyone could take advantage of it as long as they didn't have 50 characters on their account. With this one not many people can even use it due to already fulfilling the requirements. If they had something else run alongside it, then people would be more interested.

As it stands right now they would be better off offering nothing and people wouldn't be as upset with that. Honestly though, there is really no reason why they can't have the XP buff run until Shadowlands since Shadowlands will still be a bit faster than it is now.
    Yeah, the xp buff was really motivating for me. But oh well. At the end of the day, it was more so a gift than anything. I'll be sad to see it go, but what can you do..

Luckily, Shadowlands brings a more permanent improvement.

first reaction: oh maybe this will motivate me to work on isnane title or some other obscure reps!
    ten seconds later: okay this is useless to my account.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    first reaction: oh maybe this will motivate me to work on isnane title or some other obscure reps!
    second reaction: okay this is useless to my account.
    Yeah, I get exluding 8.3 reps, but why not legacy ones? I guess only thing from this for me will be some extra gold from paragon boxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    should had being all faction reps. keep everyone entertained since we are on a dry no content for the next 6-8months

Guys up in the comment section be like:
    *Some gives a poor man some groceries*
    Poor man - *WTF is this BS, give me 20$ or gtfo, stop insulting me*

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The xp buff isn't really needed. Leveling is varied content where you're completing stories and exploring the world.

However, the rep grind and war campaign/legendary quest is total shit ("You need to go to Uldum! You need to go to Orgrimmar! You need to go... back to Uldum!"). Anything they can do to nerf it is good in my book.
    After 15y of playing... what stories are there left to complete? Or how much world is there to explore? I just want to level my alts and bring my friends & family to max lvl so that we can play together. Anyone that wants to complete stories or explore the world is not hindered with the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Naw, come on. XP bonus or atleast make it ALL reps from previous games. Not just Legion and BFA.
    My thoughts exactly.

XP > Rep

Then to have it not include old xpac reps, or the new 8.3 reps. Almost entirely pointless.

Only thing I think I could get out of this, would be to finish nightfallen rep on random alts who didnt hit exalted for the class order tmog back in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Guys up in the comment section be like:
    *Some gives a poor man some groceries*
    Poor man - *WTF is this BS, give me 20$ or gtfo, stop insulting me*
    Except that analogy isn't close. In this case it's like handing them a stick of gum. Something that is useless and better off not having.

I m going to miss the XP boost but this is good since I have to unlock the Alliance Allied races now, all of them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean... are you telling me that this isn't clearly intentionally done this EXACT WAY though???

Are you somehow magically going to try to spin the tale of how Blizzard decided out of the kindness of their hearts to give us all a 100% bonus EXP buff until April 20th but... oh wait... we're still in quarantine! Thinking quickly, the kind-hearted company constructs a new buff to get people enjoying the game further! 100% increased rep! What a great thing they just thought of...

Or instead they could have done the 100% increased reputation and THEN the increased experience....
    I mean, if you are new or returning, levelling a toon to 120 would come BEFORE the reputation grinding, wouldn't it?
    Think of someone else for a second and maybe, just maybe, you'll see that it's the most obvious step towards easying people into WoW / BfA

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be a lot better to keep the XP bonus, even if only for sub 110 characters.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except that analogy isn't close. In this case it's like handing them a stick of gum. Something that is useless and better off not having.
    This is quite the galaxy brain logic. "It's better to not have a rep gain buff than to have a rep gain buff".

I literally just came back a month and a half ago and finally finished the aids-like grind to get flying... then they do this!?

And countless people have posted on the forums asking to extend the xp buff... FUUUUUUU

The XP boost was nice for my DK which I was already leveling. Then I started a fresh level 20...and realized how boring it still is:P

But, rather that than this buff. Anyone who played BfA just a little should have the 8.0-8.2 factions to exalted by now. For new players however I guess it's pretty awesome. Much faster to get flying.

Quote Originally Posted by shats View Post
    This is quite the galaxy brain logic. "It's better to not have a rep gain buff than to have a rep gain buff".
    this rep buff having a ton of limitations coming after a very successful xp buff with no limitations is just asking for people to be disappointing.

no clue how blizzard managed to shoot themselves in the foot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shats View Post
    We have a rotating reputation buff event, it doesn't really need to be a month long event. *Almost* anything else would be more useful and beneficial to the entire community. As I said before, pretty much anyone who wanted reps at any threshold has pretty much accomplished it at this point and those that didn't aren't really going to be doing everything just to zoom up to exalted now. They'll still be going just as slow as they were and only passively cutting down the amount of activities they need to do. The amount of people that can even utilize this are so small. The difference between this and the XP buff is at least anyone can utilize the XP buff if they wanted to. This reputation buff locks people out altogether because they got their reps up. Not to mention most people will only be able to earn rep from WQ / Emissaries so they are still locked behind a finite amount of things, where as the XP buff it didn't lock them out.

This buff is basically like them saying "Anyone who has Cutting Edge for every single BFA end boss and Legion end boss gets a 100% Reputation gain for all factions." with how many people it locks out and limits to things.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-04-17 at 06:13 PM.