Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dear Blizzard...Crosshair pls

I always wanted to see crosshair spells in World of Warcraft. Imagine having to dodge stuff, target stuff etc. It would expand the skill cap so much.

It could be just a few spells or so, say you click a spell and a crosshair appears. Like a buff that you can cancel.

It would be cool in Classic + too

I would prefer if it wasnt a static one like cs:go but a small dot that follows the environment like in heretic 2.

i already dodge stuff and have to target stuff, what are you talking about?

Wait, what? Crosshair for what? You already have a giant circle for AoEs you place down and everything else is either a cone/line/whatever in front/around you or just on your target

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow doesn't have action combat, so no thanks.

Formerly known as Arafal

The game you're looking for is Call of Duty Modern Warfare.

Even TESO, when you're casting a spell on someone in your crosshair, the spell is then unavoidable.
    Roll aren't dodge, just 1 sec invulnerability

ew, no /10 char

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Imagine having to dodge stuff, target stuff etc. It would expand the skill cap so much.
    This is already in the game. Try to do a +20 key in M+ if you want a high skill cap.

and turn it even more into an action rpg? no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

there is actually a modern RPG that uses a crosshair-aiming style where you can dodge even after a spell is cast.
    it's called TERA, and the combat gameplay is decent, the game sadly comes from a korean grinder, meaning that crafting and upgrading your gear is a MASSIVE timesink (to encourage using the in-game shop, basically pay-or-grind)

The best combat system in MMORPGs of all time is in Black Desert Online

But...will you survive the pay to win and slog that is exp farming?

If you do survive that...congratz. Best gameplay on the universe.

It's a good idea, but will never be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    and turn it even more into an action rpg? no thanks.
    You say that like there's something wrong with action RPG elements being in WoW. You DO realize that MMORPGs can integrate systems from pretty much any kind of video game, right?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I always wanted to see crosshair spells in World of Warcraft. Imagine having to dodge stuff, target stuff etc. It would expand the skill cap so much.

It could be just a few spells or so, say you click a spell and a crosshair appears. Like a buff that you can cancel.

It would be cool in Classic + too

I would prefer if it wasnt a static one like cs:go but a small dot that follows the environment like in heretic 2.
    Sounds like you'd like Wildstar.

Oh, wait...
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You say that like there's something wrong with action RPG elements being in WoW. You DO realize that MMORPGs can integrate systems from pretty much any kind of video game, right?
    and if done right, it might even be a great addition.
    i just think that WoW is a game that does not benefit from this type of addition.
    in order to add this in a way that is a beneficial addition, you would need to change so much about basic gameplay that you might as well just make WoW2.

We have beachhead quest. Absolutely the worst designed quest in the history of world of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    We have beachhead quest. Absolutely the worst designed quest in the history of world of warcraft.
    Turtle made it to the water?

So, you have cleared 12/12 Mythic OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Damn straight, I haven't managed to kill a single turtle yet, the crabs and birds get them all before me....

Too late for WoW. For the next game, perhaps.
    Mother pus bucket!

God please no. That would be extremely tedious and would ruin combat for me.