Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

So I got BANNED for doing this? Is this fair?

So I just got this message on my account:

Greetings Michael,

Blizzard Account: (hidden)
    BattleTag: (hidden)
    Game: World of Warcraft

Action(s) Taken:
    Account Suspended

Violation: Cheating

Your fellow players reported you for cheating. This includes actions like botting, and exploiting game mechanics.

Suspension expires on: 2021 January 19 18:55 UTC.

After a thorough investigation of the evidence, we have Suspended your World of Warcraft account.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

If you understand this and still want to appeal our decision, please visit this article and submit a ticket.

Regards,

Customer Support
    Blizzard Entertainment
    battle.net/support

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-18 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topic

Everyone was speeding officer. I don't know why I got pulled over. Its not fair.

You got caught. They didn't. You broke the rules, just as they did. If you know who is doing it, report it. You getting caught changes nothing about the fact that you broke the rules
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

“You get what you fucking deserve” - Joker

You're lucky it's only a suspension. Clearly you broke the rules and you got caught.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    See you in Shadowlands boi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cardwalp View Post
    So I was using the trick to dupe gold that everyone is doing that spread on reddit.
    Yes, 100% deserved. Don't cheat.

You cheated. You got caught. You do the time. That is all. Other people do not factor into it.

If your dad is any serious lawyer, he'll laugh you out of his office, or living room, or whatever.

My Dad's a lawyer and I think I can sue them. What do you think?
    Thanks for the morning laugh.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-18 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

So I was using the trick to dupe gold
    You just answered your own question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Everyone was speeding officer. I don't know why I got pulled over. Its not fair.

You got caught. They didn't. You broke the rules, just as they did. If you know who is doing it, report it.
    Any one can support a bug report here: us.battle.net/support/en/article/15043

NO ONE IS DOING THAT BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE BUG. It is just me they are picking on.

There are exploits that hardly matter, like leveling your 285th alt a bit faster and then there are exploits that ruin parts of the game, duping gold is the later. You should be glad they didn't outright delete your account. Mr. 3 post fresh account.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Thanks for the morning laugh.

--- snip ---
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-18 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There are exploits that hardly matter, like leveling your 285th alt a bit faster and then there are exploits that ruin parts of the game, duping gold is the later. You should be glad they didn't outright delete your account. Mr. 3 post fresh account.
    I never felt the need to make an account before because I never complain about Blizzard, they are a great company. But this is so unfair.

NO ONE IS DOING THAT BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE BUG. It is just me they are picking on.
    Very presumptuous you thinking only YOU got banned, and no one else...

Doing something illegal without getting caught doesnt make it legal.
    Be glad you learned this lesson in a game and not irl.

I swear officer, you're just picking on me! You can scan anyone's car, you're just pointing at me and only me to pick on me!

You got caught. Period. Don't cheat. You reap what you sow. You certainly can report others for doing it if you're certain. Most people aren't dumb enough to do it because 1) its obvious 2) we've seen people get perma banned for this and 3) they will round up everyone who did it in time.

Go find something else to do until tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

No, it's just that ur dumber than the rest and got caught.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    But the bank was already being robbed officer.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No, it's just that ur dumber than the rest and got caught.
    HOW AM I DUMBER THAN THE REST I JUST MADE ENOUGH FOR A NICE MOUNT, PEOPLE ARE MAKING MILLIONS OF GOLD FROM THIS!!!!

I bet all of you criticising are using it right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad you got banned, shame it wasn't permanent.

That's like robbing a bank and being confused why the police arrest you....just because you can do something doesn't mean you should...

HOW AM I DUMBER THAN THE REST I JUST MADE ENOUGH FOR A NICE MOUNT, PEOPLE ARE MAKING MILLIONS OF GOLD FROM THIS!!!!

I bet all of you criticising are using it right now.
    I can guarantee you we're not.