Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Will Torghast usher in a new massive wave of botting?

The #1 way botters are caught is because other people report them. Blizzard has a long history of being very slack in tracking down botters on their own. This is why you see so many botters in Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, as it very easy to sit in your own instanced solo game and bot forever. Eventually the games get overrun with bots. WoW has avoided this problem, mostly because have never offered elaborate instanced content that is designed for solo play.....until Torghast. These bots can overrun game systems and flood ladders or flood the economy with items. Blizzard does nothing. Absolutely nothing. The only way to stop that is to not offer any competitive system nor items in Torghast, which will ultimately make everyone lose interest in Torghast.

Randomly-generated maps are not a hindrance for botters, as botters have been circumventing that for 20 years in D2 and for years in D3.

It is certain that botters will flood WoW on Day 1 of the release of Torghast. The question is, will it fundamentally alter WoW and make it more of a game for botters? Or will Blizz strip Torghast of rewards to solve it and make Torghast feel useless?

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Diablo 3 and wow are on very different levels in gameplay, and mechanics, so no, it wont be as big of a problem, if a problem at all. especially since torghast runs are limited.

alos holy fuck, blizz cannot win. they release something super fun and super amazing and now its "lol its gunna be full of botters, wow blizz"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Diablo 3 and wow are on very different levels in gameplay, and mechanics, so no, it wont be as big of a problem, if a problem at all. especially since torghast runs are limited.

alos holy fuck, blizz cannot win. they release something super fun and super amazing and now its "lol its gunna be full of botters, wow blizz"
    Your response then leads to the second point of my post. If they restrict, limit and remove rewards from Torghast to prevent botting, will it fail as a feature and no-one will play it? And Blizz can "win", just make actual MMO content instead of instanced solo content.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kokolums View Post
    your response then leads to the second point of my post. If they restrict, limit and remove rewards from torghast to prevent botting, will it fail as a feature and no-one will play it? And blizz can "win", just make actual mmo content instead of instanced solo content.
    you can play it as a group
    also how would it being group based stop bots?
    simply have a group of bots do it boom.
    are you saying they should remove all instances from the game, that being theo nly way to make sure people can report bots?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard does nothing. Absolutely nothing. The only way to stop that is to not offer any competitive system nor items in Torghast, which will ultimately make everyone lose interest in Torghast.
    And yet people bot fishing and pet battles which offer very little rewards comparatively. People will bot anything if they see a personal gain from automation versus devoting personal time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard does nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    Botters get banned all the time in WoW.

But as long as you're already convinced that they're going to flood the game months before the expansion is ready to be released, you should probably get to working on the script for your outrage video to get those sweet sweet youtube clicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how people botting torghast effects anyone else in any real impactful way...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Botters get banned all the time in WoW.
    I addressed this in the OP.

Most WoW activities are still in a group, and the #1 way Blizz catches botters is someone reporting them. This will change with Torghast because it is MAJOR instanced solo content so it will be botted to hell and Blizz won't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    I don't see how people botting torghast effects anyone else in any real impactful way...
    Read the OP.

That's true if Torghast doesn't really offer much in the way of rewards. And if that's the case, then you arrive at my second question, which is if Torghast offers no major rewards, will it be a dud?

- - - Updated - - -

I know a lot of people have a bad habit of completely ignoring the first post and asking questions that have already been answered, but let's not flood page 1 with that stuff.

Most WoW activities are still in a group, and the #1 way Blizz catches botters is someone reporting them. This will change with Torghast because it is MAJOR instanced solo content so it will be botted to hell and Blizz won't care.
    Did you start a similar thread about the horrors of the botting apocalypse that was going to overwhelm Horrific Visions as well?

I addressed this in the OP.

Ok so let me ask you a few questions ol buddy pal

1. how would they avoid getting banned when they need to bot the maw to farm their keys for torghast runs
    2. how woudl the bots adjust with the constant rng, while in diablo and stuff they have set builds, in torghast everything is constantly changing synergies popping up, some ruining others, new mechanics from your own abilities, and specific areas doing specific things, in diablo you can get so strong you dont even need to dodge aoe, thats not really much of a thing in wow. Bots in wow are for simple things like professions, please tell me how some magical basic bot could suddenly do something as random and complicated as torghast

3. the most important one. WHY THE FUCK would people bot toerghast? what is there to gain? what do they even get? why do torghast when they could just... bot professions, what is there to gain by spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to invent a bot able to deal with this much RNG, synergies, and scenarios?

Did you start a similar thread about the horrors of the botting apocalypse that was going to overwhelm Horrific Visions as well?
    Blizz stated at the start that Horrific Visions were just 8.3 content and going to be scrapped at 9.0. HVs were not something they built an xpac around.

Yes, he also said the rift system was a failure in diablo 3
    even though like its literally THE thing that has kept diablo alive, and was what encourged blizz to add mythic+ as its literally rifts, (He said horrific visions are just diablo 3 rifts, and rifts are a failed feature)

Ok so let me ask you a few questions ol buddy pal

1. how would they avoid getting banned when they need to bot the maw to farm their keys for torghast runs
    2. how woudl the bots adjust with the constant rng, while in diablo and stuff they have set builds, in torghast everything is constantly changing synergies popping up, some ruining others, new mechanics from your own abilities, and specific areas doing specific things, in diablo you can get so strong you dont even need to dodge aoe, thats not really much of a thing in wow. Bots in wow are for simple things like professions, please tell me how some magical basic bot could suddenly do something as random and complicated as torghast

3. the most important one. WHY THE FUCK would people bot toerghast? what is there to gain? what do they even get? why do torghast when they could just... bot professions, what is there to gain by spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to invent a bot able to deal with this much RNG, synergies, and scenarios?
    1. that doesnt matter.
    2. bots are incredibly complicated these days. They were successfully handling random maps in D2 twenty years ago.
    3. if the answer is that there is nothing to get out of Torghast, then that leads to my 2nd question: will Torghast just be a dud? people tend not to play things that have no rewards.

Blizz stated at the start that Horrific Visions were just 8.3 content and going to be scrapped at 9.0. HVs were not something they built an xpac around.
    They stated, and they were, please show me a basic bot that can run torghast.
    literally the only bot that coudl do that is deepmind and that cost i think a few billion, and so far can only play 1 charecter in dota.
    but nah sure everyone will have these bots, able to play these classes.

i love how you take bots that
    1. walk around and click on pre-set location materials
    2. walk around and click on enemies

to torghast.

- - - Updated - - -

1. that doesnt matter.
    2. bots are incredibly complicated these days. They were successfully handling random maps in D2 twenty years ago.
    3. if the answer is that there is nothing to get out of Torghast, then that leads to my 2nd question: will Torghast just be a dud? people tend not to play things that have no rewards.
    1. your entire thread is talking about how bots are banned by people being able to see them, and i point out people CAN see them, and your response? "Doesent matter"

2. LOLOLOL they are no where near as complicated as you are inventing. and D2 random map generation is nothing like the random mechanics and map generation of torghast.
    3. holy fuck you just cannot let anything be fun can you? The reason to do torghast is to upgrade your covenents, and upgrade your legendaries. so why would people bot these?
    bots are usually done on alts, to then trade power to a main, or gold, or etc.

D2 and D3 usually used bots to filter gear onto the actual player.
    You cant do that with torghast.

How can i do that for something that hasnt been released yet?

How can i do that for something that hasnt been released yet?
    Same way you can claim THIS for something that hasnt released yet.
    "It is certain that botters will flood WoW on Day 1 of the release of Torghast."
    I assume that means you already have bots working in torghast, cause if not why would you make such a claim? Maybe just to spout fucking bullshit?

literally the only bot that coudl do that is deepmind and that cost i think a few billion, and so far can only play 1 charecter in dota.
    but nah sure everyone will have these bots, able to play these classes.

i love how you take bots that
    1. walk around and click on pre-set location materials
    2. walk around and click on enemies

to torghast.

- - - Updated - - -

1. your entire thread is talking about how bots are banned by people being able to see them, and i point out people CAN see them, and your response? "Doesent matter"
    No I didn't. farming keys is different from running Torghast.

2. LOLOLOL they are no where near as complicated as you are inventing. and D2 random map generation is nothing like the random mechanics and map generation of torghast.
    3. holy fuck you just cannot let anything be fun can you? The reason to do torghast is to upgrade your covenents, and upgrade your legendaries. so why would people bot these?
    Why are you getting mad at me? I'm telling you the objective truth: if Blizz doesn't offer major rewards with any system, people stop doing it. if you removed all drops from mythic raiding, no one would run mythic raids. If you don't have a real gear reward system like that in Torghast, the system will be a dud.

bots are usually done on alts, to then trade power to a main, or gold, or etc.

D2 and D3 usually used bots to filter gear onto the actual player.
    You cant do that with torghast.

No I didn't. farming keys is different from running Torghast.

Why are you getting mad at me? I'm telling you the objective truth: if Blizz doesn't offer major rewards with any system, people stop doing it. if you removed all drops from mythic raiding, no one would run mythic raids. If you don't have a real gear reward system like that in Torghast, the system will be a dud.
    So how will these bots get keys if not by botting key farming? What the fuck is with you and refusing to accept that anything instanced is fun? Every time i see you, you are campaigning for the removal of ANY instanced content, dungeons, raids, scenarios, visions, torghast, just quit the game if you hate it so much ffs/

"The objective truth" Except it is not the objective truth. You say that, you say "remove all the rewards, people will stop doing it" yet right now people are playing torghast 14 hours a day FOR FUN with ZERO REWARDS.

Troghast is power for your main, you cant trade the power from torghast.

The #1 way botters are caught is because other people report them. Blizzard has a long history of being very slack in tracking down botters on their own. This is why you see so many botters in Diablo 2 and Diablo 3, as it very easy to sit in your own instanced solo game and bot forever. Eventually the games get overrun with bots. WoW has avoided this problem, mostly because have never offered elaborate instanced content that is designed for solo play.....until Torghast. These bots can overrun game systems and flood ladders or flood the economy with items. Blizzard does nothing. Absolutely nothing. The only way to stop that is to not offer any competitive system nor items in Torghast, which will ultimately make everyone lose interest in Torghast.

Randomly-generated maps are not a hindrance for botters, as botters have been circumventing that for 20 years in D2 and for years in D3.

It is certain that botters will flood WoW on Day 1 of the release of Torghast. The question is, will it fundamentally alter WoW and make it more of a game for botters? Or will Blizz strip Torghast of rewards to solve it and make Torghast feel useless?
    1) They ban bots all the time in WoW but they usually don't just ban a single bot player because that person will just use another hacked/fake account to bot again. They instead gather info on all the bots and break the program itself and then mass ban. If they just ban random bots it wouldn't accomplish anything because they would be back the next day.

2) Torghast materials yes but everything is BoP and there is no Ladder, so why would anyone bot this? Torghast has nothing to do with the economy and all about character progression ...

3) There is a lot of different paths as well as paths that go vertical instead of just straight lines like Diablo. There is also maps with a lot of ledges that you can fall off of and die unlike Diablo where you can just hug walls till the end. Lastly there is traps that do a large % of damage which will easily kill bots because is nothing that detects them except the person playing.
    Last edited by Raone; 2020-04-19 at 05:25 AM.

[QUOTE=FelPlague;52272399]So how will these bots get keys if not by botting key farming?{/quote]

By not botting the keys. But they would still bot Torghast.

What the fuck is with you and refusing to accept that anything instanced is fun? Every time i see you, you are campaigning for the removal of ANY instanced content, dungeons, raids, scenarios, visions, torghast, just quit the game if you hate it so much ffs
    Dude, this is an MMO, not an ARPG, not a rogue-like. Why do you want to force an MMO to change into something that is not an MMO? Why don't YOU go play something else and let people who want an MMO play an MMO? This solo instanced crap has no business in WoW.

"The objective truth" Except it is not the objective truth. You say that, you say "remove all the rewards, people will stop doing it" yet right now people are playing torghast 14 hours a day FOR FUN with ZERO REWARDS.
    Yah, we've been there before with new systems. Blizzard rolls out a new game mode and in the first few weeks a ton of people say "Oh this is awesome!" then after a month goes by everyone is tired of it and people realize it actually sucks. Remember the Tillers in MoP? Everyone was amazed and thrilled to do the Tillers and said it was great at first. That gave Blizz the confidence to expand upon it in WoD and create garrisons and the mission table, the logical extension of the Tillers. The dumb excitement over the Tillers fucked over 3 expacs lol.