Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow, so many feelings hurt!

You're afflicted by the hideous corruption that's called Pride, but don't worry friend you can cleanse it in Siege of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @vexxan

Glad to see another brother with the same opinion.
    Let me just tell you, your post is not gonna be famous around this parts.
    I havent even read a single post on this thread and i already know this.

Yes, my old thrill came from having a complete raid tier set in a world without transmog.
    yada yada yada (ive had this same conversation so many times)
    This new world of warcraft lost this part of the game...

In my opinion the solution is to make the MoP Challenge Mode transmogs with special effects...drop from raiding

Have a nice day
    Nice idea, really like it! Thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    yep...i told you so

Ive sailed this ship before

I sympathize even if i dont feel about it as strongly as you do. If blizz can find an effect that's not too intrusive to show on current raid gear, I'd be ok with it. Wouldn't want it to be something too flashy though. Hunt your items without caring what others do.

The insecurities level in this thread is off the charts.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

These days people can just transmog the last years fashion and look pumped. And since most gear looks cool, everyone looks the same – nerd and scrub.

[...]

My suggestion is that the current expansions raid gear gets a special look. Maybe a glowing light, some blood dripping or W/E. When ever it's not the current tier gear anymore the effects dissapear (so it does not work for transmog).
    After the first 1-2 raid tiers the same thing existed in Vanilla as well. AQ sets in particular were pretty ugly, and anyone that did BWL (or bought a run) looked like a fancy raider and usually better then people in AQ gear.

On the other hand, the latest raid gear always requires proper work to obtain it. Its not until a few years later that people can solo raids to get it, so anyone that wears the "latest fashion" has worked for it. You should make them recognize and want the latest set!

And thirdly, with multiple difficulties, obtaining the "current" set isn't exactly hard, so you will be far from unique or special. People transmog older sets because they prefer those looks, not because they don't have the current one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey!

Ok, I don't want this to be a rant post about transmogging. I do really love the concept, and I want it to stay, however...

I used to be a quite active raider in the early days of WoW. I'm almost ashamed of admitting it, but the thrill of "hunting" the perfect items was what drove me. The mere feeling of walking around in Ironforge, decked in AQ40 gear while scrubs kneeled at you was f*cking amazing. That was one of the most important things of raiding for me, cool items. Tier gear was something special. It made people go, "wow, he's a really good raider" (or maybe "he's a fucking idiot spending all that time on WoW", but still), which I really miss.

These days people can just transmog the last years fashion and look pumped. And since most gear looks cool, everyone looks the same – nerd and scrub.

So – what can be done?

My suggestion is that the current expansions raid gear gets a special look. Maybe a glowing light, some blood dripping or W/E. When ever it's not the current tier gear anymore the effects dissapear (so it does not work for transmog).

This would, atleast for me, give back the desire to hunt items again. Stats are important, but it doesn't create the same "must have" feeling that cool looks do.

Do you agree?

/vexxan
    Not in the slightest. The idea of punishing everyone, including the people who get gear when it is 'relevant', by removing interesting cosmetic effects is one of the most relentlessly terrible ideas I've seen here. If we unlock the look, we should be able to be able to use the look - anything less is unacceptable.

If you take the game so seriously that transmog 'killed' raiding, maybe you ought to just switch to Classic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Hahahaha. Best post in the whole thread. Someone who is so angry that he doesn't get to look like a special snowflake anymore telling other people that they're the ones with hurt feelings. Second best post is when you said mythic gear is "recolors" and we all immediately knew you don't even raid, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuuri View Post
    How outrageously hyperbolic.

What he is talking about isn't analogous to silver and bronze medals, it's analogous to handing out a trophy who couldn't be bothered competing in the race at all.

Are all 3000+ of your posts as over the top?
    The OP suggests that he finds it difficult to motivate himself to get gear when the visuals are no longer tied meaningfully to his own personal achievement and you make allegories to the "disintegration of the US" and suicide. Unreal.
    Isn't a persons sense of meaningfulness in a personal achievement a purely subjective thing? Wouldn't that mean that what other folks have felt about achieving or attaining the same thing is irrelevant to your own personal achievement? That would render the OPs complaint moot if his intention is as you state. The OP clearly states how awesome he felt showing his gear to the folks who had not yet obtained it, and how that's no longer the case. Seems what the OP misses, as a few commenters have already alluded to, is revelling in their achievements when they were current and peacocking around capital cities in "LOOK AT ME" mode. Besides, doesn't the date stamp on an achievement tell you everything you need to know about how/when a player obtained an item/set?

I think the solution to OPs issue can be found in MoP Challenge Mode sets. Intentionally no longer obtainable one off sets for hitting a certain goal within the dungeons. The Blizzard art team still gets to have their dungeon/raid set creativity enjoyed by all, while still maintaining a niche for the peacocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahahaha. Best post in the whole thread. Someone who is so angry that he doesn't get to look like a special snowflake anymore telling other people that they're the ones with hurt feelings. Second best post is when you said mythic gear is "recolors" and we all immediately knew you don't even raid, lol.
    Social Status in a community driven game? The blasphemy!
    Basic human nature design concept used in many many many other social games.
    Is it too much for you to understand? I can explain further:

Social status was his (and mine) main motivator to survive the slog that is the raiding experience.
    There is no other better reward than this. It was the "ultimate" reward.

There is no better treasure in a MMORPG than a Social Status one
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-04-21 at 07:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People saying he should go for mythic raiding sets. Those are still obtainable later as a soloer,they don't take them out from the game.

Hey!

Ok, I don't want this to be a rant post about transmogging. I do really love the concept, and I want it to stay, however...

I used to be a quite active raider in the early days of WoW. I'm almost ashamed of admitting it, but the thrill of "hunting" the perfect items was what drove me. The mere feeling of walking around in Ironforge, decked in AQ40 gear while scrubs kneeled at you was f*cking amazing. That was one of the most important things of raiding for me, cool items. Tier gear was something special. It made people go, "wow, he's a really good raider" (or maybe "he's a fucking idiot spending all that time on WoW", but still), which I really miss.

So – what can be done?

This would, atleast for me, give back the desire to hunt items again. Stats are important, but it doesn't create the same "must have" feeling that cool looks do.

Do you agree?

/vexxan
    Why do you leave a signature in a post when everyone can already see you are the one posting?

On topic: You can play Classic. AQ is releasing soon and you get what you want. Exactly what you want.

So go do that.

In WoTLK, without transmog, plenty of people were soloting BWL to wear the T2 paladin set and show it off at IF / SW
    So your "problem" didn't came with transmog.

The prestige of a tier set disappear as soon as the tier became irrelevant and new content is up. It has nothing to do with transmog

Your argument is shallow.
    Last edited by Erwarth; 2020-04-21 at 08:18 AM.

I have some issues with your Statement.

These days people can just transmog the last years fashion and look pumped.
    That doesnt make you use "Last Years Fashion", you can Transmog whatever Elite set you have.

And since most gear looks cool, ...
    Soo, NonRaid gear is supposed to look like trash?

everyone looks the same – nerd and scrub.
    Wrong, everyone has his favorite Transmog. There are also still people Flexing with hard to Obtain armor.
    Just two days ago a Guildmate and I talked about one dud with the BFA S3 Gladiator Gear, that looks nice.

And here is the Real Issue:
    This is how it currently works.
    You have a "Raid Appearance", with slight differences in Colorscheme for Scrubs and Casuals: LFR, NORMAL, and HEROIC.

And then you have the Upped Elite set for Mythic. Also the Mythic Mount for each Raid.

I feel the problem is more: "You are not good enough anymore to earn Bragging rights".

Hey!

So – what can be done?

Do you agree?

/vexxan
    I disagree because you're talking out of your ass. Mythic sets have a different color and extra details added to the sets and aren't available until borderline the next expansion - the same way it was for classic raids and any other raid - if you wanted to look flashy while it was current content, you had to do the top tier content while it was relevant, otherwise you could just look at the raiders and wish you were there. In Classic you could easily get your T2 T3 during TBC, like it is now, but you didn't transmog it, you just had to equip it and that was a trash solution.

So it's the same was it has always been, except now you can have your currently equipped items look the way you want. So you can always look that way. If you're a pro gamer doing Mythic while it's current content you can still flex on the plebs in the current hub and they won't be able to get that look until they either buy expensive carry runs for all of those items to drop or until the content is no longer relevant which is usually an expansion later for the solo collectors.

Maybe you don't understand how transmog works? You can't transmog a piece you haven't dropped, so you can't transmog the mythic sets until you actually got them, either while it was current content or an expansion after.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-04-21 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks for lots of great replies!

I totally accept all of your opinions – but for me mythic gear is nothing but a recolor, not very exciting. It's not gear that makes you go "oh I need to push myself and spend several hours/week to get that special item". It's more like (again, for me); another color palette and more stats – ok, nice.

/vexxan
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/806216.jpg
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...2MQNM&usqp=CAU
    These two are clearly just Recolored.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty edgy post mate, well done.

You can run around with your 475-500 ilvl gear and impress people with your TD 6 and IS 6 sets. Or you can go for 2.4k and look really cool with your set/cloak/illusion. That's what you want, right? Or is that kind of content too hard for you? Would be a shame if the casualraider don't pay attention to you and your ego.

Nobody gives a flying frick about your transmog if the baseitem is crap.

I got it! Get Famed Slayer (not just by joining a guild, of course), x-mog the full pvp elite set and run around with a fully gemmed gearset and BiS-Corr traits. Maybe some strager on the internet will give you the attention you crave so much

So like mage tower weapons looks?

Your desire to feel unique and special doesn't trump another player's right to experience the same content.