Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People still use proving grounds from 3 expansions ago as criteria? Isn’t that just petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Since when proving grounds endless 30+ was challenging

Got endless tank/dps/healer and since it scales , it was piss easy
    It didn't scale in MoP -- it just got progressively harder and harder with every wave. After wave 50, essentially every wave was extremely deadly. Getting to wave 67 was a major accomplishment that the vast, vast majority of players would not have been capable of.

It's like a raid boss that starts off at LFR, hits normal by wave 10, heroic by wave 30, and mythic by wave 45. A 67 minute raid boss encounter where the last 20 minutes were mythic difficulty and any mistake is an instant wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    It just takes me to the world of warcraft webpage. WAIT YOU MADE WOW?
    It's a dead link to the old armory pages for my characters. I was mainly pointing out the score (6608 = I made it to wave 67).
    Last edited by Belloc; 2020-04-21 at 04:38 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    If your movement keys are F1 through F4, I will judge you HARSHLY
    What who would do that!?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The keybinds aren't hidden tho.

No, but i will immensely judge you if i find out that you have an ability that isn't keybound.

Down with all clickers!
    I click lust cause ill probably fat finger it if i dont

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    It didn't scale in MoP -- it just got progressively harder and harder with every wave. After wave 50, essentially every wave was extremely deadly. Getting to wave 67 was a major accomplishment that the vast, vast majority of players would not have been capable of.

It's like a raid boss that starts off at LFR, hits normal by wave 10, heroic by wave 30, and mythic by wave 45. A 67 minute raid boss encounter where the last 20 minutes were mythic difficulty and any mistake is an instant wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a dead link to the old armory pages for my characters. I was mainly pointing out the score (6608 = I made it to wave 67).
    honestly i dunno how you had the patience or mental fortitude,i get antsy when bosses last longer than 8 minutes and we wipe right at the end,i mean...how many failed atempts did you have at 30 min in?40????50???60??????i would lose my mind long before that

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    pet battles dont count ^_^
    Clicking medium to long cooldown abilities is fine, WoW has never really been a super fast paced game. If you are elitist to the point where you have to shave off like .1 of a second or something by not clicking and having everything bound you care far too much for the minimal gain but all the power to you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Sorry mate you a clicker
    I was hesitant to add the screenshot (maybe I should've cut it), because I knew people will come with this.
    Yes I am a clicker mostly, but seriously it was just a m7 or so, not 15 or 20. Anyway I did a m6 and m8 since then, and as I said I also did the silver and gold Proving Grounds right after that whisper.

Though I was expecting comments like this:
    Proving Grounds? Christ almighty, I remember Blizzard forced it down your neck in WoD, but that's quite some time ago! Never met anyone who actually gave a rats arse about it though
    Good to know I'm not the only one who thought that no one ever cares about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Clicking medium to long cooldown abilities is fine, WoW has never really been a super fast paced game. If you are elitist to the point where you have to shave off like .1 of a second or something by not clicking and having everything bound you care far too much for the minimal gain but all the power to you lol.
    how you whent to THAT from my joke is actualy amusing :>

how you whent to THAT from my joke is actualy amusing :>
    I know it was a joke lol, I am just generalizing not pointed at you haha.

Back in WoD when it was sorta relevant, declining people based on that probably wasn't too unreasonable. But honestly, if people are declining you for something based on Proving Grounds currently in BfA, they're probably a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    If your movement keys are F1 through F4, I will judge you HARSHLY
    I won't judge you. I'll just alias your backwards key to Alt-F4.

honestly i dunno how you had the patience or mental fortitude,i get antsy when bosses last longer than 8 minutes and we wipe right at the end,i mean...how many failed atempts did you have at 30 min in?40????50???60??????i would lose my mind long before that
    It was honestly a lot of fun figuring out my cooldown rotation and perfecting positioning and everything up to that point, but once I finished with that wave 67 attempt, I don't think I ever went back. Throwing away 30 minutes to an hour every failed attempt is just devastating.

Thanks for indulging me, btw. I really, really loved Proving Grounds back then and it always brings me joy to talk about it!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I got the knowledge that I was in the top 3 in the world for my class and spec. Have you ever been top 3 in the world for anything in this game? Git gud.
    I don’t/didn’t need to. I had knowledge that after endless 30. You get nothing. Done all roles endless 30 within 3 hours. Was piss easy so this doesn’t show me much on how skilled you were lmao

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It did scale chief.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Proving_Grounds

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's talking parses?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Unmodified UI.
    A surprising amount of people play with a mostly default UI. It's really not that bad anymore. It's only really players from the early days of wow that automatically discard the default UI cause they only played with it when it actually wasn't very good. Most people nowadays move over to things like elvui for convenience/looks reasons, not for core gameplay functionality reasons.

You seem to be a clicker considering that you do have keybinds for shimmer/barrier/ice block/cold snap, but DON'T have it for orb/lust/icy-veins, and keybinds for nova->blizzard are all unmodified.
    almost everybody i know has unbound lust after that one time they embarassed themselves by mispressing it in a raid :P.

Also, getting Gold Proving Grounds takes roughly 15-20 minutes, and endless 30 is only 1-2 hours or so, regardless of spec. At the very least, Gold Proving Grounds for damage that you have an idea of how to avoid fire, interupt, CC, and prioritize mobs, all of which are highly prized in any M+. So, spend 15-20 minutes getting Gold Proving Grounds, yea?
    yeah or you know just make an account on raider.io so people see your mains score on alt. that way you don't have to google where the hell the entrance to proving grounds even are these days.

good idea...why have Raider I.O. when there is that bronze/silver/gold system nobody cares about.

is there a way to see what your proving grounds rating is displayed as in group finder? is it restricted to toon or account?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Is that a stock ui for the most part? That's rough

I like how OP made a post being called out for being bronze.

Now hes being called out for being an obvious clicker lol

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    I like how OP made a post being called out for being bronze.

Now hes being called out for being an obvious clicker lol
    He even tried to hide it lel. Backfired nicely.