Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a bad game for me, but the infinite grind just didn't appeal and I can't bring myself to start the same character every season.

Xbox One Edition is pretty fun for a bit of casual couch-coop now and then still.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Dude you don't know shit about D3, I can easily tell from your shitty story ... maybe read a guide or something ?!

I obviously did not know these numbers and i have to say that they are quite impressive, but i would assume a very large number of this success comes from being ported to consoles. A great business opportunity was realized and taken.

I am glad that you are so passionate about this game you along with many others in this post and flaming me it means that i have not taken such an objective view of it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    it was...fine.

Other games do ARPG with atmosphere better, and other games do ARPG loot treadmill way better. Story was an embarrassment but you can tune in and out and not really miss anything and still find it mildly interesting.

The only place where I can really say it excels is in being a game you and a friend can pick up on a mutual day off and have a great co-op experience without having to put too much into it.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-04-24 at 07:03 AM.

I am sorry that your outcome from my post was that i think they should not bother making the game or even worse not to proceed with any future release. That was NOT my intention.

My intention is and i believed that i made it clear during my last paragraphs that the game should be more evolutionary with D4, the open world that they promised is something very promising and a step in the right direction but i believe that they can do more, probably more active skills to use? raid fights?, things that an indie company can't do.

Finally, as i said when i turned the difficulty up i really liked it, but i dunno i was not so invested as you guys to push through, but your passion ignites my curiosity to give it a try once more!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah I did, it wasn't perfect but it was ok. And like D2 it became so much better with the expansion

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I personally really enjoy D3 seasons. I came back for them, beat my first one last season, and as soon as I finish leveling a gem to slap on my primal slanderer (it's at 85 now, trying to get it up to 100), I'll finish this season. Reading guides and knowing some tricks for season start is certainly helpful. Ultimately, it comes down to what you want out of the game. Trying out different sets for different classes and then settling on what you like can be very rewarding. I have a LoD set on my crusader this season that's surprisingly fun, and I may try maining a LoD set next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    D3 was a great game. I liked it a lot from the start. The classes were fun and had fun class abilities. There were some classes that I would change their abilities but I liked just about all of them. I would make the monk more of a martial artist and less magical.
    The only thing I didn't like much about diablo3 was the zones felt too much like an arcade game and not RPG-ish enough.
    The zones in Diablo4 look great but I hate the fact that they only have 3 classes for it.
    D4 will have more classes.

WTH, Why do you have to be so offensive, not particularly you but many people in these forums? in what part i force my thinking to you or anyone else or i am pretending that i am an expert? I believe that i write down like a million times that i am a huge noob and all i want is to ask for opinions and presenting my view, i did not say that i am correct and blizzard or anyone should blindly follow me, wtf dude.

D3 was and is my favorite.

Liked when it came out despite the rough launch, the shortcomings were so much i really ragequitted. Got back, played quite a while. RoS was way better and improved but again, it lasted for a very short time.

After the years, i can say it's not a bad game per se, since i think i dunked 1k+ hours on it. But it's nowhere near being a tru Diablo game, too many bad core decisions that plagued the entire gamppay structure. COntent is boring as hell and completely uninspired, as it is character building. Combat though is top notch and gives a really good feeling, reason why you can play it for quite a long time.

But after having tried everything and done like 12 seasons, i don't see much more reasons to have it installed.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    The end goal has never been to kill Diablo, but to improve your character; I'm not sure where you would get that idea. People didn't quit playing diablo 1 or 2 when they killed, or were capable of killing Diablo or Bhaal on Hell difficulty, nor do you stop playing Diablo 3 when you kill Malthael. In its current iteration D3 does character progression spectacularly well and provides many smoothly interacting tools to facilitate playing it at different levels of commitment. It has become a really well-designed game, though it is largely a power fantasy simulation.
    I didn't mean to imply killing Diablo *was* the point of the game, but the gear treadmill would be a little better if at least you seen new things and not Random Goblin A a billion times when getting that next piece of loot.

I suppose me hating the, as I call it, Diablo loot system in WoW is telling though.

Insanely fun game ! Very easy for casual gamers, you can crank the difficulty to the max as you wish and challenge those ladder fiends...

The feeling of collecting all interesting items for you class is unmatched. We always plays a bit each seasons with my friends. Loving those seasons specials also.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I didn't mean to imply killing Diablo *was* the point of the game, but the gear treadmill would be a little better if at least you seen new things and not Random Goblin A a billion times when getting that next piece of loot.

I suppose me hating the, as I call it, Diablo loot system in WoW is telling though.
    Yes this is exactly how I felt about diablo. Like, make the storymode insanely hard and make it so replaying multiple times actually means a lot and gets your character really geared out. Running the same thing 5000-6000 times just spam pushing buttons in no real order was SO fucking boring to me.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It started off terrible but got immensely better with Reaper of Souls. Over time, there were additional minor improvements. I really didn't like the story they went with and think the current power progression is far too easy. I think it should take longer to get max level and get geared up. For some reason, they put a heavy focus on quickly getting players to max level with powerful gear so they can start spamming GRs for minor improvements to their build.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Seeing as I have hundreds of hours on it .. I clearly liked it, yes.

D3 has issues, it's not perfect. But I liked it and invested a lot of time into it even with it's numerous and undeniable design flaws.

I really enjoyed it. I stopped playing about a year ago since this type of game gets old after so long, but thru it’s lifespan it has been a fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like D3 at first but the expansion fixed most of that and I still will do a run with a new season.

The combat engine is one of the wonders of gaming.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-05-10 at 05:05 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It was really mediocre at launch. Reaper of Souls improved it greatly and I enjoy doing the seasons. That is up until the point where you get a basic set of gear for your build. After that you just speed-run stuff to progress. That's usually the point where I'll quit until the next season.

Bosses could use a bit of a touch-up though. What's the point in having the screen fade to black for a second when approaching a boss? Starting the fight and obtaining loot can take too much time for certain bosses. The Skeleton King's intro takes too long for my liking. Diablo and Maltheal have an annoying death animation before dropping their loot.

Still very enjoyable to play, seasons is a blast

Its' very good now so i would say yes for sure now!