Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Careful, do not confuse Xe'ra and XXX Sara.

Made that mistake when googling once, got all stupid Naaru pictures.
    Illidan didn't kill XXX Sara though.. He only destroyed her..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Both are pretty bad.

Illidan did horrible things, sacrificed others for the greater "good" and was all for slavery. But he will not have the same done to him(and this is lost on Blizzard)

Xe'ra lied about illidan's backstory to make him sound more righteous than what was actually true. Even in her retelling of 10000 years ago, she messes up and has Broxigar praise Illidan. She's telling us that in TBC, we were mistaken, but everything is still there...Illidan was quite evil during that expansion, he was also evil in Frozen Throne, he's the reason that the Night Elves have no towns in Azshara anymore...

Xe'ra's obviously gonna be made to be a kinda evil character, but they're are completely trying to retcon Illidan and it's a little ridiculous.
    Which also means that our leading characters, as well as our own ones, are a whole bunch of hypocrites. We overthrew Sylvanas because she was a crazy asshole, but just before that, we had gladly teamed with another crazy asshole - just because he happened to have the same goals than us. And then we have to endure morality lessons from the writing team wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because Illidan is an hypocrite who is perfectly fine with ruining other people's lives under the excuse that "Much must be sacrificed to end the Legion", but when it's his turn he pussies out. Those light tattoos didn't even look that bad.
    obviously you not watched the cinematic.

if a self declared incarnation of the „good“ wanna force me to believe in the same, by touching and changing my mind directly without my allowing and against my free will.... i totally would fuck her up too.

to be born as the messias (see illidan story of Legion) is one thing. forced by god (in that case the light), against my will, to fullfill my role as messias, whatever god thinks that is, is a totally another thing.

i stand 100% behind illlidan in that scene. (even when most of illidans char is not my thing)

to be serious: how „good“ is something/someone that force others to serve the „good“ ? its like people that damn people with slight nazi tendences to hell and say things like „we should jail or kill that ppl“. dont get me wrong, i really do not like nazis (obviously when you look at my avatar). but i think someone that shows the same tendences and reactions as the nazi, just against the nazi, is not better than the nazi. its the definition of nazi.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-04-29 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    obviously you not watched the cinematic.

if a self declared incarnation of the „good“ wanna force me to believe in the same, by touching and changing my mind directly without my allowing and against my free will.... i totally would fuck her up too.

to be born as the messias (see illidan story of Legion) is one thing. forced by god (in that case the light), against my will, to fullfill my role as messias, whatever god thinks that is, is a totally another thing.

i stand 100% behind illlidan in that scene. (even when most of illidans char is not my thing)

to be serious: how „good“ is something/someone that force others to serve the „good“ ? its like people that damn people with slight nazi tendences to hell and say things like „we should jail or kill that ppl“. dont get me wrong, i really do not like nazis (obviously when you look at my avatar). but i think someone that shows the same tendences and reactions as the nazi, just against the nazi, is not better than the nazi. its the definition of nazi.
    Obviously you didnt read any other of my posts.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    That's why I think that the Scarlet Crusade folks were the most loyal and consequent followers of the Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Which also means that our leading characters, as well as our own ones, are a whole bunch of hypocrites. We overthrew Sylvanas because she was a crazy asshole, but just before that, we had gladly teamed with another crazy asshole - just because he happened to have the same goals than us. And then we have to endure morality lessons from the writing team wtf.
    Blizzard's narrative sometimes goes further than what's happening in game and goes as far as telling you and your character what their morals should be. This happened with MoP with the sudden turning on Garrosh, happened in Legion with Xe'ra and they almost did it again in BFA until people complained, hell it even happened with the Death Knights turning on Arthas(i was pro Scourge the whole time!)

And now we're seeing it again with new Horde player intro being told how good they are, the Forsaken fight for the Living!

I know at times it can be boring for the Alliance to always be a certain way, but for a Horde player, it's a headache to be told how to think and act and how often it changes, depending on Blizzard's narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's why I think that the Scarlet Crusade folks were the most loyal and consequent followers of the Light.
    yeah, thats the dark side of the cookie always hated them. what sucks imo the most, is that so many of them where previously knights of the silver hand. but i liked the books about the first four knights and the original story of turalyon. i like that holy warrior setup. i like how noble they are. scarlet crusade is the not so great contrast to that. and many of the knights of the silber hand joined them. maybe thats the fine line between „justice“, „retribution“ and „wrath“

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    yeah, thats the dark side of the cookie always hated them. what sucks imo the most, is that so many of them where previously knights of the silver hand. but i liked the books about the first four knights and the original story of turalyon. i like that holy warrior setup. i like how noble they are. scarlet crusade is the not so great contrast to that. and many of the knights of the silber hand joined them. maybe thats the fine line between „justice“, „retribution“ and „wrath“
    Or being addled by the influence of a powerful Nathrezim demon (Balnazzar) hiding in Saiden Dathrohan's corpse.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead