Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Anyone who buys, sells or contribute in any way, No matter how minor just meeds to be removed from the game.
    Cool, including the developers who make the game in which people are willing to buy boosts for money then, yeah? And you, who's part of the people who keep the game popular enough for there to be a demand for boosts?

Yeah, exaggerations, but your suggestion is so ludicrous that I'm not even sure you realise what a wasteland the game would be (also, and more importantly, how much less profitable) if someone like you handled bans.

Anyone who buys, sells or contribute in any way, No matter how minor just meeds to be removed from the game.
    Do you realize that most of the time, booster think they boost for Gold, and not real money? The one getting paid just put gold in the guild bank / trade boosters their share, but he was actually paypal'd.
    So no, they have no idea.
    What if you were selling an item on the AH, it was bought by some gold seller and you're getting banned because someone who was breaking the rules interacted with you. Would it be fair?

Don’t be naive, If they are there then they are in on it.
    Anecdote from when I used to Mythic raid.

Our raid lead offered mythic runs to two carries a week.
    We were told they would each be paying 1-1.5 million gold each.
    Every raid member was given 70,000-100,000 gold for participating that week.
    Extra gold was placed in the bank for giving the raid consumables.

A little over 2 months go by, and one of the carries asked an officer about payment details while the raid lead was swapping characters.
    Officer lets raid know by asking in Discord in our voice chat.

Turns out one carry was paying in money(Paypal transaction), the other was paying in Gold(charging closer to 2.2-2.5mill), and our raid leader was paying out the difference missing if there was one.

Guild fell apart after that.

Find out later he was advertising boosts on a boosting website and we were being used for RMT activity.

---------

This seems to be pretty common too.

Some people are in on it, sure.
    Others most certainly are not.

Your "method" is a way to get Blizzard to ban innocent folks and lose what are likely dedicated players/subscribers.
    It comes off as the idea of someone who has never been involved with boosting or carries and is ignorant of the various systems that can be at play.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Selling carries is one of the most profitable ways to make money in the game. It's that simple.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Ways to kill selling carries:

1. force everyone to play with random people.
    2. at the start of every tier, you create a set list of players that are allowed on your raid team. You can change it or add to it as you please, but it becomes locked for the raid tier once you actually raid. It can be bigger than a raid size to accommodate alts. This might make the game more social as guilds will recruit a B team and be heavily invested in its success or they might not have enough players to raid later in the tier.
    no.2 is how you kill any raiding and raiding guilds, not just boosting. "Sorry, you can't raid as all the guilds are locked in the mid tier" "sorry, all alt slots are taken" "sorry, no recruits, even tho our roster is lacking to the point we need to stop raiding"

Show the doctor exactly where the bad carries touched you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    Do you realize that most of the time, booster think they boost for Gold, and not real money? The one getting paid just put gold in the guild bank / trade boosters their share, but he was actually paypal'd.
    So no, they have no idea.
    What if you were selling an item on the AH, it was bought by some gold seller and you're getting banned because someone who was breaking the rules interacted with you. Would it be fair?
    If the means would mean the end of RMT then no method to deal with it is too extreme or ”Wrong”.

If the means would mean the end of RMT then no method to deal with it is too extreme or ”Wrong”.
    A good way to stop RMT is to shutdown the game.

Ah, another genius solution. Don't you know only Sith deal in absolutes?

It's ok to admit you're wrong. Most people on the forum do it by abandoning a thread and all mentions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Ah, another genius solution. Don't you know only Sith deal in absolutes?

It's ok to admit you're wrong. Most people on the forum do it by abandoning a thread and all mentions though.
    Wrong? Why would you ever think it’s wrong to punish those who do evil deeds and any one who aids them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That would cause more problems than solutions lol.
    I dunno. I would be interested to see how that would play out. Blizz would go into the system set to ignore all the whining no matter how bad the whining got. People are going to be all waaaaa waaaa waaaa I want things to be easy. The biggest flaw with this system is Blizz is likely to cave to the whining.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Wrong? Why would you ever think it’s wrong to punish those who do evil deeds and any one who aids them?
    ... Evil deeds? What are you, 12?

Your version of the purging of Stratholme is terrible because it'd take out far more innocents than guilty than the WC3 mission did.

... Evil deeds? What are you, 12?

Your version of the purging of Stratholme is terrible because it'd take out far more innocents than guilty than the WC3 mission did.
    My dad used to say "If you hang them all you get the guilty"

Cool, luckily Blizzard isn't that psychopathic or stupid.

So in theory you should hang yourself because you COULD potentially be buying boosts or selling boosts in the future? Okay bud

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    So in theory you should hang yourself because you COULD potentially be buying boosts or selling boosts in the future? Okay bud
    Yes, He used to end it with ”Bu don’t forget, They gotta hang you too”

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, luckily Blizzard isn't that psychopathic or stupid.
    In theory, If you ban every raider then the RMT won’t have any one to use for their things, as you do need a decent grp to boost, So just ban every one.

Well that's irony for you I guess.
    i think we are talking about mythic carries, or rating boosts. We are not talking about HC runs. Whoever wants to buy an HC run when it's piss easy to clear is a mongoloid and deserves to be scammed off their money for not even putting an ounce of effort to achieve something relatively easy in this game.

Generally boosters might only be unaware in an HC run but nowhere else. You want your boosters to be at the top of their game, not pray that someone ain't gonna try to log whore or something when you are trying to sell a boost on mythic jaina or nzoth for example lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    on true full pop servers like, illidan, area52, trade chat is insane with gold services spam
    This is what triggers me the most, truly annoying AF!!

Stay in town, all you read is "WTS BOOST"
    Open up PvP finder, all you read is "WTS BOOST"
    Open up dungeon finder, all you read is "WTS BOOST"
    Open up raid finder, all you read is "WTS BOOST"

Stinking pieces of crap... But of course, it's ok with the morons at Blizz... After all, these fuckfaces stimulate wow token purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Show the doctor exactly where the bad carries touched you...
    Listen up, I will tell you.

They destroy any positive experience in the game. I had several "2,6k" m+ scorers and you could tell where it came from, no doubt. Same goes for building a mythic or heroic pug for ny'alotha, or doing a RBG group with so called Grand Marshalls or Heroes of the What Ever.

Sure, now you can say "Just replace them", but why would you waste your time. It is nothing more than cheating to others and espacially cheating to yourself. To be honest I would not be proud of myself knowing I got carried and havent done anything for it.

In theory, If you ban every raider then the RMT won’t have any one to use for their things, as you do need a decent grp to boost, So just ban every one.
    Fair enough, at least you realise how stupid your idea was.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    i think we are talking about mythic carries, or rating boosts. We are not talking about HC runs. Whoever wants to buy an HC run when it's piss easy to clear is a mongoloid and deserves to be scammed off their money for not even putting an ounce of effort to achieve something relatively easy in this game.

Generally boosters might only be unaware in an HC run but nowhere else. You want your boosters to be at the top of their game, not pray that someone ain't gonna try to log whore or something when you are trying to sell a boost on mythic jaina or nzoth for example lol.
    Not sure how you think this is relevant at all - unless you think I mean the raiders are unaware it's a boost at all. Obviously not, but they can be unaware that someone is charging real money for it.