Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Ways to kill selling carries:

1. force everyone to play with random people.
    2. at the start of every tier, you create a set list of players that are allowed on your raid team. You can change it or add to it as you please, but it becomes locked for the raid tier once you actually raid. It can be bigger than a raid size to accommodate alts. This might make the game more social as guilds will recruit a B team and be heavily invested in its success or they might not have enough players to raid later in the tier.
    why would they do that as Blizzard themselves sell the in-game money used for some carries ?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Fair enough, at least you realise how stupid your idea was.

Not sure how you think this is relevant at all - unless you think I mean the raiders are unaware it's a boost at all. Obviously not, but they can be unaware that someone is charging real money for it.
    And where does the actual seller draw gold to give to the booster from? His ass? Giving 10 million out of your pocket a boost night is not sustainable buddy, the seller would run out of fuel in a couple of weeks or 3 while trying to make real money cash. And what would he do with the actual cash? Spend it back on WoW to get WoW tokens and get gold? Where is the profit in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    why would they do that as Blizzard themselves sell the in-game money used for some carries ?
    Hypothetically, Blizz might do it if customer calls for "purity" increased by a lot. The more people sell carries, the less WoW is about playing the actual game and more about having money to skip to the end. And that really is a game that is corrupted or "impure". In that scenario, things like restricting your raid groups to a pre-defined list of players every raid tier might become palatable.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    And where does the actual seller draw gold to give to the booster from? His ass? Giving 10 million out of your pocket a boost night is not sustainable buddy, the seller would run out of fuel in a couple of weeks or 3 while trying to make real money cash. And what would he do with the actual cash? Spend it back on WoW to get WoW tokens and get gold? Where is the profit in that?
    You do know people have lives outside of WoW, yeah? I mean, I'm not Norwegian but I can imagine what life is like there, I'm sure you can do the same. It'd essentially be a transaction to sell gold. How do you know he'd run out of gold even? Consider the possibility that this guy, who's already breaking the rules with RMT, might also be part of a gold farming/scamming/botting group. Near impossible to imagine that someone breaking one rule might break another, I know - but at least give it a try "buddy".

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Just have a GM buy a run and when they get invited, Just start banning every one in the raid, Can’t get any more”Proof” that they are breaking the rules than that
    So, heres a few issue with that

- They have to pay their GM time wise to set up and do it opposed to doing something constructive
    - Then perma ban potentially up to 20 accounts in one go. Which while its only pennies compared to them; hundreds of these runs happen per day. Over the course of an expansion, it soon adds up equivalent to someones wage.
    - Then, people are going to be bitching and submitting continuous tickets to reverse it, which mean their staff are having to deal with that BS, again taking the time away from something more constructive / genuine tickets. Which in turns up ticket response time and pisses off legit people

They don't like it, they will ban people they catch for it, but they aren't going to go out of their way to cost themselves money, time and resources
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yes for Gold
    Yes for Carries

You will be banned for using Real money to pay or by using a system whereas the enemy loses on purpose rather than you simply winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh Yes. Entrapment. The best surefire way to catch Guilty People is by tempting them into creating Guilt.
    It's not entrapment if the offender was doing the offense anyway, and clearly people are selling runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Hypothetically, Blizz might do it if customer calls for "purity" increased by a lot. The more people sell carries, the less WoW is about playing the actual game and more about having money to skip to the end. And that really is a game that is corrupted or "impure". In that scenario, things like restricting your raid groups to a pre-defined list of players every raid tier might become palatable.
    People still play this game where there isn’t any prestige or rarity tied to rewards because it is so easy to legit get boosted. Since no one bats an eye and there are even threads where people ask for removed +/- prestige items to be put back in the game its safe to say that Blizz will never purify the game and firmly hammer any kind of boosting / piloting. It’s been in the game for too long and been accepted by the players. Sad but that’s one of the reasons why I don’t really invest anything in retail anymore. Rewards are just cheap since you can outright buy them from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You do know people have lives outside of WoW, yeah? I mean, I'm not Norwegian but I can imagine what life is like there, I'm sure you can do the same. It'd essentially be a transaction to sell gold. How do you know he'd run out of gold even? Consider the possibility that this guy, who's already breaking the rules with RMT, might also be part of a gold farming/scamming/botting group. Near impossible to imagine that someone breaking one rule might break another, I know - but at least give it a try "buddy".
    You are going down the rabbit hole of assumptions, and I've boosted a lot. The scenarios you've described have never happened around any of the boosting communities much/at all, or for me personally. I will go ahead and believe what is actually a fact, rather than a conceptual scenario you came up with.

No need to imagine any sort of rule breaking, cause you make 0 sense mate. Let's just end this discussion here, as I don't think that there is anything to be gained between a person who argues with facts, and a person who argues with scenarios he conjures with his own mind and have never/barely ever happened, and are a gigantic waste of time for anyone even following such scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Listen up, I will tell you.

They destroy any positive experience in the game. I had several "2,6k" m+ scorers and you could tell where it came from, no doubt. Same goes for building a mythic or heroic pug for ny'alotha, or doing a RBG group with so called Grand Marshalls or Heroes of the What Ever.

Sure, now you can say "Just replace them", but why would you waste your time. It is nothing more than cheating to others and espacially cheating to yourself. To be honest I would not be proud of myself knowing I got carried and havent done anything for it.
    Well... don't pug if having incompetent people bothers you so much? Pugs always were and will be a lottery when it comes to players, regardless of whatever achievement/gear checks you do. Yes, it's cheating, and I'd consider it below me to ever get boosted, much less pay for it, but it happens. It doesn't even have to mean they actually bought boosts, they might have been carried by their guilds for all you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Anyone who buys, sells or contribute in any way, No matter how minor just meeds to be removed from the game.
    anyone who still complains and whines about it, should just quit the game and stop being a salty little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I've mained a blood elf paladin ever since I got my own account as a kid in BC, and I've always been very interested in the Blood Knights you do quests for. When Transmog came along, I was beyond excited, and bought all the level 60 Warlord's Aegis set in preparation for it, only to be sorely disappointed when I found out that Blizzard locked a set they created in BC behind an achievement only attainable by hardcore PvPers back in Vanilla.

I was happy to find out later when they began allowing people to get it through PvP, but less so when I found out you had to do RBG's. I'm on a low pop realm and I'm not the best player, but transmogging is one of the only things I enjoy in the game today (looking forward to changes coming to Shadowlands).

My question is: are RBG carries for in-game gold allowed, assuming I can find a group of people willing on my server group to get me to an 1800 rating for the Legionnaire achievement? If so, any idea how much gold people normally charge?
    Are you on EU maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    anyone who still complains and whines about it, should just quit the game and stop being a salty little kid.
    Gold stuff is fine, But Real money trading is wrong in my opinion

I just wish blizzard would be more strict with that.. it amazes me that to this day there are boost and gold selling websites for real money.
    They don't want to stop the services. They want you to get them "legitimately" via spending money for wow tokens, converting that to gold and then buying the carry. They want a piece of the pie too.

But T̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶t trade chat is already filled with the bots that spam links to real money services, I just don't care click any of it. Apparently real life currency services are alive and well, since the daily spam never ends.

Gold of course is where all your transactions should start and end.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Well... don't pug if having incompetent people bothers you so much? Pugs always were and will be a lottery when it comes to players, regardless of whatever achievement/gear checks you do. Yes, it's cheating, and I'd consider it below me to ever get boosted, much less pay for it, but it happens. It doesn't even have to mean they actually bought boosts, they might have been carried by their guilds for all you know.
    I kinda agree with what you've said, but what I hate on this forum and especially around the whole gaming world is "Don't do this if you don't want this". It's actually not a valid solution for fixing something that isn't working or should not be the case.

I kinda agree with what you've said, but what I hate on this forum and especially around the whole gaming world is "Don't do this if you don't want this". It's actually not a valid solution for fixing something that isn't working or should not be the case.
    You have to back that up with some actual rationale as to why that's not "valid."

"because I'd be at a disadvantage" isn't good enough. You should be 100% fine accepting a disadvantage to stick to your own morals if you have qualms with someone else's lack of them. That's called.... integrity.

IMO Isn't working or should not be the case*

I say let people play the way they want to play, as long as it doesn't realistically affect other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Are you on EU maybe?
    Nope, US Destromath. Apparently it was the bee's knees in the old days, but now it's fairly dead and only kept functioning by being merged with Azgalor, Azshara, and Thunderlord, and still has just over 1500 Horde players combined. I've considered perhaps moving to Illidan or Area 52, but I've got all my toons and it'd be expensive, and I wouldn't want to not be able to send stuff between them anymore. The only ones keeping me there besides that are my brother and uncle who are the only people I know who still play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Nope, US Destromath. Apparently it was the bee's knees in the old days, but now it's fairly dead and only kept functioning by being merged with Azgalor, Azshara, and Thunderlord, and still has just over 1500 Horde players combined. I've considered perhaps moving to Illidan or Area 52, but I've got all my toons and it'd be expensive, and I wouldn't want to not be able to send stuff between them anymore. The only ones keeping me there besides that are my brother and uncle who are the only people I know who still play the game.

Tbh... i'd do it for free if you were EU :>

bad luck buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Tbh... i'd do it for free if you were EU :>

bad luck buddy...
    Thanks. Just sucks that Blizzard threw in a BC set behind that restriction along with old Vanilla gear, and seems to be acutely aware of the fact that it's restricted, and so they refuse to ever try and make an HD version of an iconic uniform of a major group of one of the most-played races in the game.

Dang...just checked on Illidan US and a guy said that 3 hours of arena 3s costs 1.4 million gold. The most I've ever had was 250k.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-05-02 at 12:15 AM.