View Poll Results: Best MMO on the market?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • World of Warcraft

65 52.00%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

37 29.60%
  • Guild Wars 2

7 5.60%
  • The Elder Scrolls Online

6 4.80%
  • TERA

0 0%
  • Rift

0 0%
  • Everquest

5 4.00%
  • Runescape

1 0.80%
  • Black Desert Online

3 2.40%
  • Blade and Soul

1 0.80%

Thread: Best MMO

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Came here in the hopes to find this; leaving with a tear in my eye.

Also, this thread is crazy. They're all different, with pros and cons. Play what you like, there isn't one "BEST MMO"
    That game had so much ruined potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh yeah, there were a lot of big missteps in a lot of different areas. It had a lot of diamonds in the rough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Came here in the hopes to find this; leaving with a tear in my eye.

Also, this thread is crazy. They're all different, with pros and cons. Play what you like, there isn't one "BEST MMO"

Play them all or play one that you enjoy more than the rest. Iunno, show love to what you love.
    Very true, there isn't a best MMO they all have their pros and cons

Except Wildstar of course which was the best MMO with no cons and only pros.

The devs were even altruistic and generous enough to make it free to play for the plebs, yet it was still shut down.
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Man I miss Rift, and also Warhammer MMORPG. I have fond memories from those games.
    Rift was great before it got ruined. One of my favorite iterations of a bard in any MMO.

Asheron's Call

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I know right, if they had only listened and looked at how the market was changing it would have been fantastic.
    Wildstar vs WoW during Classic or TBC now that would have been a solid match between properties but alas.
    I still miss my homicidal psychotic sociopathic furball.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Probably because the people that do still enjoy playing wow are too busy playing it to be bothered to come to the troll infested waters of mmoc (or even worse, r/wow) to defend their thoughts from the people who act like if they dont enjoy wow, no one should enjoy wow.

God forbid someone actually speak up about how something in the game isnt nearly as bad as the people with blizzard hateboners make it out to be. That shit will get you threats in your inbox (and reporting it does fuck all).
    Yeah...luckily as somebody who likes to voice how he enjoys WoW never got any threats. Jesus...what is wrong with ppl who do this hit over a game.

Probably a lot is wrong with them. Some cannot even be happy with the fact that we got two versions of WoW to play. They must play the "classic will kill retail" and "classic will fail" cards. Despicable indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post

The devs were even altruistic and generous enough to make it free to play for the plebs, yet it was still shut down.
    Too bad ...it looked promising. Wonder why it didn't catch on with all the positives..not even not catch on, but actually be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Ultima Online, The Second Age, pre trammel. Get shit on.
    What server were you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    What server were you on?
    Chesapeake and Sonoma

I, and probably many others, thought the world/setting was a major turn-off. Also if we are real and look at the market then it becomes obvious that only the games backed by large IPs tend to survive and rise to the top. In that regard the game was pretty much doomed from the start. Only expcetion are games that start out with completely different business models like GW.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Whatever game you're playing right now.
    Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz - GTX 1080Ti @ 2.1GHz - - Ivy Bridge i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - GTX 1060 @ 1.8GHz

We're on a WoW fan site
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    It's WoW, it's not even up for debate. With the exception of EQ (which aged horribly) all other MMOs are just trying and failing to be WoW.

Basically if you were making a top 5 list of MMOs, WoW would be 1 through 5 and then you'd have honorable mentions, such as;
    DAOC (PvP)
    Warhammer Online (PvP and world PvE)
    FF14 (accessibility and player agency)
    SWTOR (participation trophy)

But ultimately WoW is still King. Hell it's been out for so long it's trying to be more like it's old self.
    wait what?how are all those mmos just trying to be wow?eso is extremly different,so is gw2,the only real wow copy is rift,but its mostly a wotlk era copy

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Best MMO? Ragnarok Online

2nd best? Wildstar, thanks for letting me play a 2 handed crazy woman on his underwear
    Tbh, since the recent nostalgia craze is running rampart but I just shudder at the thought of playing vanilla again, I started to reminiscene about RO. If it weren't for the fact that it's such a grindy game that later drifted a bit too much into the emporium/empyrium/emp..something (?) war stuff for my taste I would actually be itching to play it again. This time certainly not as a priest through.. fuck that shit. Not gonne spend another couple hundret hours lighting up undeads and dark creatures.. I still cringe whenever I think about pyramids and ancient mummies pop up in my head.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2020-05-08 at 04:08 AM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

hmm i cant tell if this is someone trying to be an extremly obvious troll or a subtle one,for people who dont know wildstar had one of the worst dev teams of any triple A mmo's,they completly droped the ball with wildstar,plenty of info online about them talking about the nighmare that whent on inside with the team

Objectively. If wildstar was the best mmo people would have played it. The graphics where to childish for me and mines tastes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I, and probably many others, thought the world/setting was a major turn-off. Also if we are real and look at the market then it becomes obvious that only the games backed by large IPs tend to survive and rise to the top. In that regard the game was pretty much doomed from the start. Only expcetion are games that start out with completely different business models like GW.
    The mmo market is in the west is very different then the mmo market in the east.
    The mmo market in the west is slightly more sqewed towards realistic looking mmo's and mmo's build upon existing lore heavy franchises.

Not really seeing the correlation of the big and heavy hitters tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tbh, since the recent nostalgia craze is running rampart but I just shudder at the thought of playing vanilla again, I started to reminiscene about RO. If it weren't for the fact that it's such a grindy game that later drifted a bit too much into the emporium/empyrium/emp..something (?) war stuff for my taste I would actually be itching to play it again. This time certainly not as a priest through.. fuck that shit. Not gonne spend another couple hundret hours lighting up undeads and dark creatures.. I still cringe whenever I think about pyramids and ancient mummies pop up in my head.
    RO went full normie and mindlessly grinding mobs isnt the only way to level up now, you have the eden group who gives you quest to either kill x amount of mobs or gather materials, and you also get some basic gear at certain levels

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Objectively. If wildstar was the best mmo people would have played it. The graphics where to childish for me and mines tastes

- - - Updated - - -

The mmo market is in the west is very different then the mmo market in the east.
    The mmo market in the west is slightly more sqewed towards realistic looking mmo's and mmo's build upon existing lore heavy franchises.

Not really seeing the correlation of the big and heavy hitters tbh
    Wildstar problem was, they went full retard with the "hardcore" stuff and big surpirse, guilds had troubles getting people if someone left/was poached because NOT everyone was as hardcore as they thought

RO went full normie and mindlessly grinding mobs isnt the only way to level up now, you have the eden group who gives you quest to either kill x amount of mobs or gather materials, and you also get some basic gear at certain levels

- - - Updated - - -

Wildstar problem was, they went full retard with the "hardcore" stuff and big surpirse, guilds had troubles getting people if someone left/was poached because NOT everyone was as hardcore as they thought
    That was one problem. Another was that just not many people played it. It topped at around 160k at the end of 2015. Many people where pushed away by the more japanese inspired races and tech oriented feel of the world. IE less realistic.

Best advice for a western audience would be medieval like setting with magic and humanoid races.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    For me it is The Secret World I loved the theme and everything about it, just needed more content and updates and it would still be around I think. Sadly WOW got here first and people had too much time sunk into it at that point to abandon it for any other MMO.
    They relaunched it as Secret World Legends. Not sure how it is different.

- - - Updated - - -

If they rolled the hardcore back and made it more casual somehow. I bet that it would be popular and people would play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They relaunched it as Secret World Legends. Not sure how it is different.

- - - Updated - - -

If they rolled the hardcore back and made it more casual somehow. I bet that it would be popular and people would play it.
    People never really started playing it. The feel and look of the game just wasnt in peoples tastes. Otherwise it would have had more players at some point in its cycle