Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yes pl is amazing,in pugged content,or do you enjoy reserves?ninjas?or potentialy farming for an item for months to never drop?today you just take a few buddies of your armor and the odds are pretty good,im not saying its good when FORCED liek in mythic raids,but in random dungeons and pugges its simply the best loot system
    Personal loot has no place in an MMORPG. It is by nature antithetical to the core principals of the game and there is no valid justification for it in WoW. Go play Diablo 3.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcardNS View Post
    Personal loot has no place in an MMORPG. It is by nature antithetical to the core principals of the game and there is no valid justification for it in WoW. Go play Diablo 3.
    well thats an opinion,nowhere is there a rule that mmos have to work that way,but whats not an opinion is that pl has made pugging and random content be far better by eliminating ninjas and people reserving stuff

That's a valid opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well thats an opinion,nowhere is there a rule that mmos have to work that way,but whats not an opinion is that pl has made pugging and random content be far better by eliminating ninjas and people reserving stuff
    If I put together a pug, why shouldn't I reserve things? You know going in, so you either accept the reserve or find/make your own group....

Turning mechanics inward where the players' systems do not interact is not an MMO design, it's a single player design. It doesn't belong in an MMORPG. It's garrison with chat and a DPS meter. If you cannot clear the normal dungeon you do not deserve to be in said dungeon. LFR is the raiding equivalent of a participation trophy. A reward with no effort is toxic to the fundamental idea of an RPG because you no longer need to play a role to 'win', you just need to log in and press a button. That's why I said 'go play a mobile game,' because that's basically what you're doing if you are an LFR player.

The current design philosophy of Blizzard requires zero interaction between players, thus destroying most of the social and investment aspects of the game. Shadowlands appears to be remediating some of this, but LFR is the 900 lb gorrila in the room. They cannot take it away, because people are accustomed to it, but it was one of Blizzard's greatest missteps.
    Last edited by wildcardNS; 2020-05-05 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

If I put together a pug, why shouldn't I reserve things? You know going in, so you either accept the reserve or find/make your own group....

Turning mechanics inward where the players' systems do not interact is not an MMO design, it's a single player design. It doesn't belong in an MMORPG. It's garrison with chat and a DPS meter. If you cannot clear the normal dungeon you do not deserve to be in said dungeon. LFR is the raiding equivalent of a participation trophy. A reward with no effort is toxic to the fundamental idea of an RPG because you no longer need to play a role to 'win', you just need to log in and press a button. That's why I said 'go play a mobile game,' because that's basically what you're doing if you are an LFR player.

The current design philosophy of Blizzard requires zero interaction between players, thus destroying most of the social and investment aspects of the game. Shadowlands appears to be remediating some of this, but LFR is the 900 lb gorrila in the room. They cannot take it away, because people are accustomed to it, but it was one of Blizzard's greatest missteps.
    and im not saying you shouldnt reserve items,im actualy completly against FORCED pl in premade groups,but as the random grouping goes its simply better

I laughed harder than I probably should have. Also, not sure what OP is on about, we AoE pulled in 2007 too. Sub 50 dungeons are beyond easy. 50-60 dungeons are standard easy. You remember the game being harder because everyone was garbage back then. Lots (most?) still are, but the average is much improved.
    You illustrated his point though - the game is super easy, so there's no need for groups to min/max these optimal comps... you'll crush the dungeon with literally anything. I had someone giving me grief for playing Ret... except that we still obliterated the dungeon just fine even though I was doing a "Terrible" 20% less dps than the top. The extra 20+ minutes people spend trying to put together the optimal group could just be spent playing the game. That's what's frustrating about the Classic community is that there's no room for just trying things out and having a good time for a large piece of the player base.
    the behaviour you tried to escape from retail is optimal play?lol sorry to tell ya but...these days,people have learned whats better,and very few will intentionaly gimp themselves for some odd sense of nostalgia
    Except that of any single version of WoW, Classic is the one that absolutely requires zero optimal play, and was never tuned for it. That's why you see raids and bosses melting in 1/5th of the time they used to. I'm not sure the obsession with playing the game the easiest way possible. I certainly have the option to select easy mode in other games, but I don't. Same goes for WoW. Case and point, the other day I did all 4 wings of SM with 1 Ret, 1 Balance, 1 Priest, 1 Warlock, and 1 Rogue... no one tanking. We destroyed the place. It was a lot of fun actually playing the game instead of just farming mobs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been leveling a feral, ret pala and spriest and have had zero issues having fun, leveling at my own speed while playing other MMOs too and finding people to play with on Mirage EU running all the dungeons as I leveled.

The last week ive been gearing my feral and spriest and almost pre raid bis with both with a few BWL and ZG pieces from pugs here and there. I dont see this META thing being a problem at all.

There are plenty of PUG raids and guilds looking to just fill a roster. Its possible to play the game with whatever class and spec you want.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2020-05-05 at 02:40 PM.

No, it's not too late to start having fun in Classic.

Yea, sure, there will be guilds/players that are massively ahead of you. So what? There will also be people lvling alts, farming specific dungeons for whatever reason, raiding, probably someone doing pvp or twink battlegrounds (I'm not the best person to answer this one, because I don't do pvp, but surely someone does it).

I've even seen someone who does nothing else all day but farm stuff. Anything goes.
    Last edited by Sardoc; 2020-05-05 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also came back after a 3 month break. It's quite easy to catch up.

Soft Reserve pugs are the best, clearing BWL, MC and ZG weekly with 1 item res every time, tho I basically only need BWL by now. You can gear quite fast if you pick items no one else has

It's actually a really good time to start out in Classic. ZG is out and you have a ton of gear that you can easily aquire.