Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Last edited by lolerstomp; 2020-05-12 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solution: play some other game.

If you're so inclined, come back when you feel Blizzard has added enough new goals for you to reach for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievements and playing with my girlfriend are what keeps me going.

Have you tried partying? :3

First, nobody in here will help you enjoy the game. Secondly, what else do you want bliz to do? Have us build houses? Play with dolls? This is a mmo. You level, raid, pve, or bitch on forums about how the game sucks. You must be really pro to level a paladin 1-85 and get full 359 gear in a month. Your epeen mist be huge

Quote Originally Posted by ndnt0xic View Post
    First, nobody in here will help you enjoy the game. Secondly, what else do you want bliz to do? Have us build houses? Play with dolls? This is a mmo. You level, raid, pve, or bitch on forums about how the game sucks. You must be really pro to level a paladin 1-85 and get full 359 gear in a month. Your epeen mist be huge
    Wow calm down man, I'm not sure why you are so offended over my post. There are many things I feel blizzard can do to improve the game but they wont so this post is not about that. What this post about is trying to find out what keeps other veteran players playing. Also about the paladin, he was already at 80 when cata hit. got him to 85 within 20 hours of cata release. Was second 85 paladin on my server. Also I see from your reply that you have nothing to contribute to this thread so feel free to not post here again. No one has a gun to your head that's making you read / post here.
    Last edited by lolerstomp; 2011-05-11 at 12:23 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah OP In my honest eyes with my opinion -

Do not come back; It isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Ah OP In my honest eyes with my opinion -

Do not come back; It isn't worth it
    Unless the next step is guild homes, you have a guild of level 20+ and then you can choose an area throughout the entire world to build a guild home, could you imagine that? Ultimate lobby game

try something you've never done, for me PvPing and world pvp in TB helps to keep it fresh.
    this is a game you can burn out easily if you only do one thing, moderation and variety are key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play any other MMO and you'll love Wow, yeah or just quit, its a game. Forcing yourself to play is what burns people out, don't log on if you don't want to.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

If you are so bored with the game that you seek advice from strangers on a forum on how to enjoy it again, I would say just quit.

When I say quit, actually cancel your account, and uninstall the game. I wouldn't delete any characters, or give your gold away.

Nothing is lost when quitting.

If after a while you want to play, either a new content patch or expansion, then play again.

I remember in Diablo 1, when you could just cheat and have perfect Obsidian rings of the zodiac and whatnot... What's the point? If it's too easy to get to the end, to get the best gear as soon as possible, the game isn't fun for long. At one point, I was doing the opposite: I read about "beyond naked" mages, where you find as much "negative" gear as you could, and try to survive. It was silly, and hard, and fun.

Diablo was a great, epic game. So is WoW. You're winning too fast and so you're missing the fun parts in the middle.

Now, hmm... A suggestion to fix that? That's a tough one, I don't think you'll get good answers here. But I find myself wondering what a "Beyond Naked" guild would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Play any other MMO and you'll love Wow, yeah or just quit, its a game. Forcing yourself to play is what burns people out, don't log on if you don't want to.
    See this here is my problem. Video games have always been a huge part of my life. So when I quit wow I'm left with a big gap of free time that I try to fill with other things. I have tried so many other games but none of them work for me. WoW has corrupted me so I'm no longer able to play single player games. Everything feels so lonely. So then I started looking into other mmo's. I played everquest / rift / warhammer / guildwars and they all feel like cheap versions of wow. Hell I even tried runescape.

So now back to my main problem, I want to play wow because I feel of all current MMO's its best. BUT as soon as I log on to wow I feel there's nothing to do. This is my problem and the reason I made this post.

Can anyone recommend some other games based on what I said maybe?

Deleted
    Level your other characters? Achievements? Play another game? Heck, don`t play so much.

Imagine you were a smoker, completely addicted and everything. And then suddenly life gives you one this once chance where your not so convinced about your habits and could stop smoking, now, WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK ABOUT ''HOW DO I MAKE SMOKING FUN AGAIN'', get out of there, this game is not worth the time, it lost its touch a long time ago, theres better things to do in life.

<-- (Ex WoW player, smoker)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    If you are so bored with the game that you seek advice from strangers on a forum on how to enjoy it again, I would say just quit.

When I say quit, actually cancel your account, and uninstall the game. I wouldn't delete any characters, or give your gold away.

Nothing is lost when quitting.

If after a while you want to play, either a new content patch or expansion, then play again.
    well thats what I did, I canceled my account and uninstall WoW. I just reinstalled it last week because I decided to come back. I have also done this in the past and stayed away for about a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about most people still playing is, when we log on , we have something to do. If you're logging on and don't have anything to do then maybe this is no longer the game for you. because there is still a lot to do, it's just mostly grindy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to enjoy the game is to take it slow to maintain the idea that you haven't discovered everything yet. However, it seems like that might not be an option for you.
    Warcraft Soundtrack project, bringing new music to old dungeons! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/WowSoundtrackProject
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...k-project.aspx

I honestly don't get posts like this.

Play because you want to. Quit if you don't.

I've quit for months at a time, because I get burnt out. Then I start missing it, play for a long time, enjoy it. Rinse and repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

work during the weekdays and then go get bombed drunk on weekends or do other sober shit u enjoy, hiking, meeting girls (i prefer this drunk), travel, OTHER GAMES THAT AREN'T STALE, late-night walks 'round town with the gang etc

don't come back to WoW, you would have never quit in the 1st place.