Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Runescape really? Did you see any commercial for it? Did you see the runescape game in front of every game store? Did you see a runescape cinematic on half the tv and computer screens in stores? Did you see a very very known tv show making a special episode entirely focused on the runescape game? (southpark)
    It was nothing alike. Runescape was a mmo niche. Wow was made known to every one. Not just mmo players, not just gamers. Everyone.
    It didn't need commercials everyone knew about it. It was in more stores then wow if you count the membership cards. I wish I didn't see a wow movie and I dread a wow tv show.

Has wow replaced the currency of foreign countries like runescape has? Looking at you Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It didn't need commercials everyone knew about it. It was in more stores then wow if you count the membership cards. I wish I didn't see a wow movie and I dread a wow tv show.

Has wow replaced the currency of foreign countries like runescape has? Looking at you Venezuela
    Hum it seems it was only known in english countries. I looked at the google trends by countries. Spain, France, Germany, China, Japan, Corea, Russia. Runescape cannot even be compared to wow. It's pretty much non existent there. So I gues we had a different experience. Where I was no Runescape, only wow every where.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-05-11 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Just another populism/marketing misconception. Wow wasn't first MMO. There were another ones before it. And Wow became popular exactly due to it's accessibility vs previous ones.
    As a former UO and DAoC player, I agree wholeheartedly, although come to think of it, I've been more of a DAoC person till it de facto died mid-ToA, and perhaps that was due to the fact that throngs of people weren't even able to reach the level cap (some even struggled to get to the 30s) in DAoC - many bought it and never renewed the subscription past the first 30 free days included with the box. That doesn't make your point any less valid, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You want social interaction? Go to Facebook.
    A good suggestion, although I'd suggest anything but social media for social interaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Except you also take away all the things that could happen outside the dungeon before the actual run. All the conversations and potential hostile encounters with other players happen on the way to the dungeon or while you're still searching for players. Those were the things that created memorable moments for me. Why would you talk to players when the experience of running a dungeon has been so condensed that you're in combat for pretty much the entire time and therefor talking to your mates would only hamper your performance as a group? Also being able to constantly find new players/groups by simply pressing a button commodifies your fellow players by making them easily replacable and therefor further cheapens the experience.

I guess you simply don't see the game in the same way because you have altogether different expectations when it comes to MMORPGs. But the difference is there and it's pretty glaringly obvious to anyone who cares.
    So? That is irrelvant and is not required for you to talk inside dungeons. Again, stop blaming the game for your refusal to talk anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So? That is irrelvant and is not required for you to talk inside dungeons. Again, stop blaming the game for your refusal to talk anymore.
    I just described to you how the gamer is designed in a way that discourages player interactions in dungeon groups. Either read my posts and refute what I say or don't bother replying. This is really tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I just described to you how the gamer is designed in a way that discourages player interactions in dungeon groups. Either read my posts and refute what I say or don't bother replying. This is really tiresome.
    It doesn't discourage anything. I have refuted what you have said. There is nothing stopping you from opening your mouth and talking in dungeons but you. Stop blaming the game for what is clearly a "you" problem no matter how much you ignore it and go back to your claims.

It doesn't discourage anything. I have refuted what you have said. There is nothing stopping you from opening your mouth and talking in dungeons but you. Stop blaming the game for what is clearly a "you" problem no matter how much you ignore it and go back to your claims.
    I can give you a trillion examples of a MMO game not supporting social interaction at all.

It can absolutely be a design problem and not a "you" problem.

If i told you to start making conversation on a supermarket while the other person is picking fruit...what would be your reaction?
    Lets see if you at least comprehend basic real life concepts.

It doesn't discourage anything. I have refuted what you have said.
    Except you haven't done anything of the sorts. You have claimed that what I said is "irrelevant" without elaborating on how and why it is irrelevant (despite the fact that I've given you some very specific points you could have chosen to engage with) and then you went down the same dialogue tree we've seen before. This is not how you form an argument let alone engage in discussion. But whatever, have fun with whatever you're trying to achieve here.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You can matchmake in literally any other competitive game.

Gatekeeping behind people having the patience to deal with toxic garbage community is stupid and one of the reasons I opt out of that shit whenever possible. Don't misread this like I want it done for it.

I just want toxic people to have less control over my enjoyment and if it has to impact normal people then so be it.
    Yeah, you can matchmake in other games and the community is even worse radioactive waste heap. Any MOBA / shooter game is a complete rock bottom when it comes to quality of community. If you could squeeze it into a bottle it would be distilled rage & spite.

Play retail, then play classic. Being social is in large part a result of game design. It's not even debatable.