Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Red face Bwonsamdi: love or hate?

I for one, absolutely love him!

I really like how he went from almost a 'nobody' in Wrath/Cata (in the Darkspear Echos Isles quests)
    to a sassy spirit healer both the Alliance and Horde can meet when they die in Zandalar.
    He's even received a unique model, as opposed to being a generic undead troll with no hair. Also he looks like of like Ryuk from Death Note, if you know what I'm talking about

Most characters are kind of loud and bossy, while he's chill and calm and (somehow, kudos to him) remains calm whenever someone looses their
    temper and starts yelling at him. And as a person who's sensitive to loud people I like that too

What's your opinion on Bwonsamdi? Love or hate him?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Him and Gallywix were the only good things in BfA

3+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Baron Samedi, shouldn't Bwonsamdi also have a wife too? Not sure what they'd call her though, Mada Briyanah maybe?

I think it would be interesting to see what Blizzard would do with that idea

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...I do like his character and role so far. Only annoying thing is...that once more Blizzard had to resort to reference / stealing / wink wink...whatever...but hey...that is what they do, I guess. So since I was ok with the nod to Harrison Jones, i guess I shouldn't complain. After all they pretty much also ripped off Lovecraft (or did a homage to him with all the old god shit down to the names), so what is a bit of voodoo love?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi
    Trolls have had a voodoo flavor since literally the beginning of the game, I don't know why incorporating a real world Loa crosses the line.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Trolls have had a voodoo flavor since literally the beginning of the game, I don't know why incorporating a real world Loa crosses the line.
    Exactly. WoW's races take inspiration from our world's cultures too. Trolls are very clearly Jamaican, with some Aztec elements thrown in. I don't see a problem with it, but I guess some people have different opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Bobsalami is ok.

He is ok. I find him kind of amusing.

But the entire Zandalari plotline and his involvement is just super bad writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...I do like his character and role so far. Only annoying thing is...that once more Blizzard had to resort to reference / stealing / wink wink...whatever...but hey...that is what they do, I guess. So since I was ok with the nod to Harrison Jones, i guess I shouldn't complain. After all they pretty much also ripped off Lovecraft (or did a homage to him with all the old god shit down to the names), so what is a bit of voodoo love?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi
    Oh come on now, nothing is original besides, trolls have always been associated with voodoo so why not use the most famous of the voodoo gods?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I like him. He can be shady when he needs to be, but he has his own set of rules so on some level he has a bit of fairness to him although he tends to exploit people. Deals being potentially beneficial to both parties prevents him from always coming out like he's just out to hurt everyone maliciously, and I like that kind of neutrality about him. So as long as he stays honorable to some extent and doesn't end up becoming a giant player obstacle I think he can stay pretty likable. I think his relationship with Talanji can be pretty cool going forward in a kind of good cop bad cop (or good priest, bad loa) kind of way.

I like him because he is different than most death related characters who often come over as emo’s. Bwonsamdi has charisma and just likes to screw around with others. I wonder who his boss is as I’m not caught up with all the lore.

He sounds like a nigger, and I hate niggers. So what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I can agree with this from a lore point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say he is the best addition in recent years, he is fun and yet uncanny character.

I hope he remains a somehow mysterious figure. I don't want his background to be explained and if, let him have multiple confusing and contradicting backstories.

Not sure whether Blizzard can pull it off though.

He was really done justice. He's the best thing about BFA to me.
    He is everything he should be and he doesn't get downplayed.

I don't love him, but I think there are aspects of him that are interesting.

Baron Samedi is an interesting God so naturally the WoW version would be equally appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I for one, absolutely love him!

I really like how he went from almost a 'nobody' in Wrath/Cata (in the Darkspear Echos Isles quests)
    to a sassy spirit healer both the Alliance and Horde can meet when they die in Zandalar.
    He's even received a unique model, as opposed to being a generic undead troll with no hair. Also he looks like of like Ryuk from Death Note, if you know what I'm talking about

Most characters are kind of loud and bossy, while he's chill and calm and (somehow, kudos to him) remains calm whenever someone looses their
    temper and starts yelling at him. And as a person who's sensitive to loud people I like that too

What's your opinion on Bwonsamdi? Love or hate him?
    Well, guessed you love him a while ago.

Do love him as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    as with everything else this expansion at first he was mildly interesting and now he's super meh. Its in keeping with the theme of the entire expansion

Irrelevant to the character, but the actor is a pure delight.

Love him ❤️ The best thing happened in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    High Stinker!

Bwonsamdi is cool yeah, but Gallywix was awesome in BfA for sure.

Let's go, tinkerboy!!